It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul is Taking Over ATS, is there anything the mods can do?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
If you’re thinking “oh no not another Ron Paul thread” read on, I am fed up of them too and I am calling on the moderators of ATS to do something, anything about this. .

I just logged on to ATS to do my daily round of arguing and went to the recent posts page looking for something I could really get my teeth into a nice intellectually engaging debate only to find 5 Ron Paul threads. There is no conspiracy, no intellectual significance to these threads, they are just promoting Ron Paul for 2012 and in 2011 this is getting really rather dull. I dread to think what this place is going to turn into when the campaigning really kicks off.

I have to ask, is there anything the moderation staff can do about this, is it not a breach of the T&C’s to engage in this kind of political propaganda. I joined a conspiracy site, not a website dedicated to supporting the nomination of Ron Paul for president and that is what this place has turned into in the last few weeks. Is it possible to create a temporary Ron Paul forum so that I can ignore it, or just have single thread discussing evens in the Ron Paul camp rather than having loads of new threads about the man every day. If that is not possible is it at the very least possible to move some of these threads to BTS or even delete some of the threads that are not necessary and could be discussed in a single “Ron Paul fan thread”.

I don’t know about the rest of the non-American members but right now I really couldn’t give a dam what Ron Paul has been getting up to or what he has been saying. I really could not care less about the man right now yet it seems ATS has turned into his personal fan site of sheeple.

Really am I the only one who is getting fed up of thread after thread about Ron Paul and various other political points scoring on threads?

Please can we do something about this!

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Just block the ''U.S Political Madness'' forum and the ''2012 Elections'' forum, there is a red button by each of them in the recent posts list.

That's what I had to do.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Shhh, we're suppose to discuss this in the off topic RANT forum.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

I already asked for a seperate Ron Paul forum as it's sure to get worse.

He will either get the nomination thereby creating more threads or lose the nomination creating more threads about the conspiracy.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
You do have some custom options at your disposal for the recent posts page, for example, if you do not care to see the threads in the Political madness or 2012 elections forum, you can hit the little red (-) next to the forum names under the thread titles on the recent posts page.

This will remove those forums from appearing on your recent posts page.

I know it might not be the answer you are looking for, but it might help so I wanted to let you know

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

I would do that but I enjoy reading some of the threads in the US political madness forum and there are a few in the 2012 election forum that I like to read every now and then to keep up to date and I think I I was to do that I would probably miss out on a good thread.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Didn't know that.

Thank you

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Quite a few mods here are Ron Paul supporters and helped get this trend going so strong.. I would imagine it will get worse and by the time elections come around this place will be... Lets just say i wont bother to log in here if it keeps on the same path.

I just dont need the negative energy in my life.
edit on 21-8-2011 by ShogunAssassins because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

I know this reads like a rant, but I do think this is more appropriate for the “Board Business and Questions” forum as this directly concerns a growing trend that is quickly taking over ATS and is also asking the question “what can the mods do about it?”

If a mods wants to move it then they can, but that does not fix what has become a problem for some members on ATS, Ron Paul is everywhere on this site

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

Is this true?

If so I would have to rethink my stay on ATS, I always assumed ATS was nonpartisan.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

I think you can add those to your myATS page as favorited forums, that way you can dive into the politics area when you want to but not have to deal with the numerous Paul threads on your recent posts page..

give it a try and see if it improves your experience..

If you need help, feel free to PM me and I can help you through the process..

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I just checked out the recent posts, and I see topics across the spectrum.
Supporters are excited right now, but I think it has probably peaked. Just my opinion.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Is this true?

If so I would have to rethink my stay on ATS, I always assumed ATS was nonpartisan.

I am 100% sure I saw a Ron Paul ad yesterday. Something about his birthday and a "moneybomb".

Obama had ads here in 2008, so ATS does have a track record.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Yeah thanks for the advice, I will give that a shot.

I do not want to be controversial or speak out of turn but what about what this is doing to the site over all. I thought this was fundamentally a conspiracy website yet in recent weeks it has became over run with political point scoring threads. It’s just frustrating when you want to discuss other topics but everyone is rambling on and on about Ron Paul, even in other threads not about him his name gets mentioned “If Ron Paul was president......”

I guess I am just going to have to develop a Ron Paul filter much in the same way as i have developed filters for the other stuff on ATS.

Thanks again for answering my questions quickly and I really do appreciate your advice.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

OtherSide,

My advice to you here is to be the change that you wish to see. ATS is a member generated forum, meaning that the members generate threads at to their interests, if yu are not interested in threads regarding Mr. Paul, generate some threads regarding topics that interest you.

Mods will not shut down threads about Mr. Paul because that is what the membership wishes to discuss right now, that would not be fair to those members just as it would not be fair to you for them to shut down a thread that you author on a topic that interests you.

Be the change that you wish to see, and perhaps you will champion in a movement that replaces the current Ron Paul affair.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Is this true?

I am 100% sure I saw a Ron Paul ad yesterday. Something about his birthday and a "moneybomb".

Obama had ads here in 2008, so ATS does have a track record.

wow, you poor soul. That "money bomb" ad was a google ad. ATS doesn't get to pick and choose the google ads that pop up. Go ahead and keep mis-informing everyone about your 100% certainty of the mysterious Ron Paul buy out .

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
why are you complaining?

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

When you be in ATS as long as I have been you will learn that while the Ron Paul threads are all year round, wait for next year elections and you will see the real propaganda and trolls that are to fill ATS in daily bases, if Ron Paul threads are driving you crazy, next year what takes hold of ATS will definitely drives you out of ATS.

Why I am still here? because I find the whole thing very interesting and when I get tired of propaganda or trolling I just ignore the threads, is very simple to do that you know.
unless you have an agenda all on your own.

edit on 21-8-2011 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Each member has the ability and capability to read and respond to each and every thread that is started on this site.

It is a choice not a requirement.

To ask the staff through the moderators to censure a thread because certain members are not happy with the subject borders on juvenile behavior which seems to be the norm for those who have been living in this Nanny State of government all their life.

The Libertarian platform and philosophy is that all individuals should be allowed to do what they want to do in a civilized manner and the government or in this case the management should not put limitations on it.

I personally am tired of the 911 threads so I just don't waste my time even reading them.

Try that and just browse past the threads you don't like.

It is called free will.

edit on 21-8-2011 by IamJustanAmerican because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-8-2011 by IamJustanAmerican because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join