It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human Clone

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Is cloning playing God?

Most religions have expressed their opinions on cloning and strongly oppose it, but it doesn't mean the reasons for this are theological. There is no actual evidence in the bible pertaining to human cloning.

So why are religions against it?

If you were to clone yourself as a perfect replica, would you also clone your very soul?

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
No clone would be a perfect replica. As the cells divide there will be defects in the DNA. Just there is in any normal body.Where do you think cancer comes from?

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I don't really have an opinion either way. Although I can see where some religions that you are playing God when attempting to create life.

On the other hand doesn't man do this every single day when he sleeps with a woman. He even makes the decision whether or not to create life based on if he wraps it or not.

I'm just sayin...

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Would it be murder to kill a clone since the exact person still exists if it was an exact replica however?

Interesting.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by DAZ21

I think about this stuff too. I think it is "playing god," but then again I am one who believes that another (alien) race created us, so my opinion comes from a different mindset than religious people.

Having said that though, I did used to be a Christian and when I was, I did feel that humans should not be messing about in God's territory with all that. I thought it would just invite trouble because we would create less than perfectly, because it was not in our ability to do it as well as God.

Now, I feel that there is a possibility that the cloned humans would be spiritless, but not soulless. I don't know what would happen to them in this life or the next, so maybe ethically it would be wrong to produce them.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
You may have created a genetic copy, but I'm not sure you would maintain the identical personality.

Personality is usually brought about by imprinting in the brain of experiences, and without those identical life lessons and environmental experiences, it's highly improbable you'd have an exact "replica" of the cloned person.

At least, that's how I understand it...

edit on 8/21/11 by GENERAL EYES because: spellcheck

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Its just a a body, whats inside is the only thing that matters. Just cause we are on the topic of cloning. You know allot of our beef is clones.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

I would say yes IMHO. Because a biological twin would be just the same in my eyes. And its murder to kill a twin. I dunno cool thought to ponder though.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by DAZ21
Is cloning playing God?

Most religions have expressed their opinions on cloning and strongly oppose it, but it doesn't mean the reasons for this are theological. There is no actual evidence in the bible pertaining to human cloning.

If you were to clone yourself as a perfect replica, would you also clone your very soul?

I don't know why...I honestly don't....but I am against cloning. I just don't feel it is "right".
I wonder myself if a clone would also have a soul....

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ellie Sagan
reply to post by DAZ21

Now, I feel that there is a possibility that the cloned humans would be spiritless, but not soulless. I don't know what would happen to them in this life or the next, so maybe ethically it would be wrong to produce them.

If you don't mind, could you explain more on why you think they would be spiritless but not soulless. I find that interesting and would love to hear more...

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SouthernRain55

Me too, I'm not sure what the difference between a spirit and soul is. I thought they were quintessentially the same.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

reply to post by SouthernRain55

Me too, I'm not sure what the difference between a spirit and soul is. I thought they were quintessentially the same.

I know a lot of individuals believe there is a difference and have asked before what that difference was, but for the life of me I can't remember what their answer was. I do hope they reply back and tell us.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Nature already makes clones, they are called identical twins - siblings born with the exact same DNA. Are they usually very similar in their ways, their interests and desires? Yes. Are they the same person? No. They are individuals with their own thoughts, decisions and often very different personalities. It's true that twins sometimes are very alike in most ways and may even seem to "share a brain" sometimes, but they are not the same person.

Clones would be no different. If you cloned yourself, the copy of you wouldn't have your thoughts. He/she would have to develop just like a normal person over the years and would develop as a separate individual. He or she would be their own person.
edit on 8/21/2011 by LifeInDeath because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by LifeInDeath

I see what your saying, but hasn't there been cases of one feeling anothers pain even from miles away?

The only way you could explain that is if the twins were actually sharing a soul. Research the connection between twins.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by DAZ21

Eve was cloned and spliced from adams rib.
Rinse and repeat.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by DAZ21

My very basic understanding is that "spirit" is the energy or consciousness that inhabits the body. And the "soul" is the collection or accumulation of that spirit's experience (or its knowledge-base for lack of a better word).

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by DAZ21

i beleive that what makes a person who they are (their ''soul'') is based on their life experiances, so no you wouldnt rplicate your soul. for instants, if i cloned hitler but raised him in a loving family he wouldnt be a genecidal maniac

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by DaveNorris

But can you be certain? No one has tried..

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Is cloning playing God?

are mommy and daddy playing god when they have twins ... or quintuplets?

are mommy and daddy playing "god" devil when they have kids with horrible birth defects?

if "god" gave us brains... and our brains allow us the scientific curiosity to let us discover how to fix or prevent birth defects, then are we playing "god"? or is that god's will... (god being something separate from us?)

if the human clone that is made through science, which was made from our brains god gave us....and the clone is , perfect in it's genes and healthy..... then when we compare that healthy perfect clone to a birth defected monster that "god made" ... then which one is more "good" ? which one will cause more suffering through it's life?

is a world full of birth defected monsters better than a world of perfectly healthy genetic clones?

this "playing god" bs is ridiculous in my opinion... it's a cop out.. this "we should" or "we weren't MEANT" to do certain things is BS....

anything for the greater good i say....

the god of the bible is allowed to rot the faces of millions with plagues, drown innocent people, burn people alive..... constantly make people feel guilty about being human...

yet we're not allowed to create healthy non-birth-defected babies?

this is unreasonable and defies all good common sense.

there IS a point where we must change our perception of God. and choose the type of god that we want to worship...
IMO.. that would be a loving and logical god. one that doesn't tell us not to do things that better ourselves.

if he is omnipotent.. and all powerful then that means he is everywhere and that means that he is us... or that we are a part of him.... the Creator/Creature combo.

it's the relationship we have with him that is important... our perception of him.

and through mastery of our spirit, and reality.. is where we become closer to him/it/her...

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

reply to post by LifeInDeath

I see what your saying, but hasn't there been cases of one feeling anothers pain even from miles away?

The only way you could explain that is if the twins were actually sharing a soul. Research the connection between twins.

Some believe that the soul is connected to the body via cellular memory (memories of past and present lives contained within the cells of the body). en.wikipedia.org...

If there is any truth to this statement or if the possibility exists that a soul / spirit is linked to a physical body by means of genetic makeup / dna, then it definitely makes sense that a spirit could be "torn" between bodies sharing the same cellular memory and genetic makeup.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join