It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

60 Minutes/Australia-Fukushima Now Radiating Everyone: 'Unspeakable' Reality 'Will Impact All Of

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Hessling

Thanks for the tip... haven't made alot of threads.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Well, the "Planet of the Apes" genre of the 70s seems much more sensible in light of Fukishima developments. Beside that, I'm actually quite relieved that I opted to not have children, if only so they [now] might not painfully die of cancer in years to come, prompted by the exegencies of modern civilization & the power of an atom. Moreover there are moments when I can't help but laugh at our ability to slowly kill ourselves with no external assistance whatever. This is one of those moments.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by tinker9917

i watched this on tv it was on quite a while ago.cant really remember when but definetley a few weeks - a month or more

theres no doubt that we have created an industrial monster
if people think that nuclear energy is really the way to go we really dont understand the power of mother nature

just because it seems to be the strongest or best doesnt make it so, some times simplicity is paramount
i think stuff like energy should be managed like mother nature, she would find it more practical to sustain a species via wind, the sun and other things like this so why not us

is nuclear really just a lust for the latest and greatest?

the nuclear radiation from this event has spread worldwide and will remain on our planet for centuries..this really says enough right there

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
i think iits about time for people to start uploading these videos into mainstream tv,radio,advertising etc,like they do in the movies surely there are people out there who can and want to do this

peace

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Dalke07

Love the videos. If it rains dont eat your food for 600 years!!! Okay our human race is screwed. We might as well face it, mother earth is dying and we have delt the deathly blow........it makes me sick to think about the truth and reality of it all......

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Oddly enough, I happened to watch an episode of Anthony Bordains show where he went to Ukraine. He was talking about Chernobyl and also mentioned the disaster in Japan. So even at this time Chernobyl is still abandoned for miles around the reactor and it was buried in concrete (nobody is still allowed inside). A Ukranian nuclear scientist said that even robots don't work properly in the reactor building. Anthony was told not to touch anything (handrails, grass, trees, mold, etc) after all the permits and permission from the consulate just to enter the gated area. They were also told not to eat or drink outside their vehicle.
His friend brought a geiger counter. They didn't show the readings, but it was still going haywire even today. Anthony asked him how high the readings were and the guy said 'we need to leave now. we've probably been here too long'.
If they say Fukashima is many times worse than Chernobyl, we're just plain skrewwwd thanks to the bankers and IAEC.
edit on 21-8-2011 by OuttaTime because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Starwise

Pretty much. We opened an artery in the Gulf of Mexico, blew it full of holes in Iraq and blew up hundreds of wells, irradiated the planet a number of times, polluted the atmosphere and oceans with logistics (planes and tankers), and left the entire planet starving and neck high in debt. And we call ourselves the dominant species, and shepperds of our future generations.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by redrose123
reply to post by Mimir

Why would they show any interest. The 6,000 that actually rule this planet has planned for years to kill us all. So why would they care people are dying. I have heard MSM anchors openly say that they are part of the elite. Shows how stupid they are. None of them are or will ever be part of the 6,000 no matter how hard they try and they will be the first ones to go. Being paid prostitutes for the NWO will say or not say anything just keep the money rolling in. After all this is for their own personal good. Do you remember we were told radiation is good for us by one of their harlots just a few months ago.

I remember that, i believe this is the Video with Ann Coulter. Yes Everyone, Radiation is Good for You.

Not.. Makes you wonder how much this NWO Prostitute was paid to say this.

edit on 21-8-2011 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
If one nuclear facility can do this, the world is doomed because in the event of war others will be hit and the world has a lot of nuke plants.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

Yeah, even all the natural disasters that could happen, we could be in for a world of hurt.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Radiation in the USA.

Agreed, look at how many nuke plants there are in the USA. There's potential to eliminate our species as we know it.

All in the name of greed. How many must suffer from the greed of a few?

Travesty.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
The core has now melted through the concrete and entering the groundwater:

Core melting into Earth, radiation 1 million millirems per hour "Cracks came up in the ground; massive steam coming up from there," Hartmann repeated. "That sounds a lot like the China Syndrome. The core melting down into the Earth and hitting the water table." Gunter replied, "We know now there have been three meltdowns at the six-unit site and the vessel has failed. "This melted reactor's melted core has burned through the concrete floor of the buildings, into the Earth and is reaching the ground water and creating steam." "The readings we're seeing now, suggest that it's off-scale for the instrumentation used by the workers," he said. "Five-hundred REM is the lethal dose. This is 1000 REM coming out of these cracks. So, we're seeing doses that could cause fatalities within days."

www.examiner.com...

Apparently we are importing food from Japan that is not even being tested:

Arnie Gundersen who told Solar IMG Saturday that Americans, not just in the northwest, are unaware of being rained on with Fukushima nuclear hot particles and eating Fukushima contaminated food because the US government has deliberately minimized the catastrophe, partially due to a pact Secretary of State Hillary Clinton signed with Japan. Gundersen, with a team of other scientists, intends to prove government statements about Fukushima are false. "The United States came up with a decision to downplay Fukushima," said Gundersen who is awakening the public with information such as hot particles in rain will continue falling in the U.S., not just in the Pacific Northwest, for another year, and mentioning high-level fallout in Oklahoma a few days ago.

Gundersen told SolarIMG that high-level people he knows in the State Department said Hillary Clinton signed a pact with her counterpart in Japan agreeing for the United States to continue buying food from Japan, despite that food not being properly tested for radioactive materials.

Arnie is fighting for us... trying to prove the gov't isn't telling us what we need to know. He wants people to send him hot samples:

He said that, "now with lots of citizens having Geiger counters," they can help with the new study by wiping a surface one meter by one meter with a cloth after a rainout, and placing that cloth under the Geiger counter. "If you get a positive reading on the cloth, I'd like to see the cloth," he said. Gundersen advises people taking samples to note the location and time the sample was taken, and to wrap the sample in a triple layer of foil before mailing it to Fairwinds.

www.examiner.com...

edit on 21-8-2011 by tinker9917 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I'm at work and don't have internet at home at the moment. Can somebody please inform me as to the Australian part? I ask because I'm Australian... I know there have been nukes tested here and there are a number of uranium mines etc. Please inform me as to what this video covered/.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Nice find OP, S&F for you...

The scary thing imo is that we dont know whats going to happen, we can speculate all day and we can compare this disaster to previous disasters, but the fact remains, we have never seen a disaster like this happen on coastal wasters. Who even knows what type of damage this disaster has done, and will continue to do, to our oceans. Sadly, we wont really know for decades, if not centuries....The question i constantly ask myself when thinking about this disaster is, how do you fix an unfixable situation? I guess you cant, you just got to hope that it doesnt effect our planet too bad and hopefully not that many more people will suffer from this.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Pirateofpsychonautics

The lady who covered the story was an Australian journalist, the story covered the aftermath of Fukushima (ground zero), the 135,000 people who were displaced and our now living in shelters, locals who are showing signs of radiation poisoning, and then there was a segment where they compared the disaster to Chernobyl, and how 25 years later its still showing very high signs of raditation....

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Pirateofpsychonautics

I'm at work and don't have internet at home at the moment. Can somebody please inform me as to the Australian part? I ask because I'm Australian... I know there have been nukes tested here and there are a number of uranium mines etc. Please inform me as to what this video covered/.

there is no australian part to the story if i remember right..its only about the situation in japan..

yeah plenty have been tested in sa..pretty #ed up but we would of heard if there were ill effects (hopefully) generally something like a spike in cancer or birth abnormailites of a certain area would be picked up right away.

take it easy mate

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Mimir

Huge police state control of the internet going on over Fukushima. Too many links are blocked. The Japanese are shutting down adverse news, as the Japanese people are doomed and the government does not want them to know about it for their own good/greed.

The truth, let the truth be known to the people would kill the nuclear industry, and set the seeds for revolution. It's vital to the criminals in charge from the Military Industrial Prison Drug Running Complex to keep the information away from the public for their own survival.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
My god.

This is so sad, but to be honest at this point I just feel numb. I'm only hoping that once these disasters pass, we will see a beautiful world full of people who want nothing but good things.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I knew there was much more to this disaster than the media was letting on. What a monumental f!@# up! This is a clear example of how stupid the human race can be.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by tinker9917

why isn't this all over the news.... i just don't get it... just reading that clip made me depressed and feel for the japanese.... a whole race of peope basically just got wiped out in a slow fashion... this is horrible... who cares about the primaries and rick perry... the whole world should be paying attention and doing what they can to help... the elites... who cares about them i hope they get burried in their bunkers.. f*ck em... this is the worst disaster in our recent history... i can feel the tears in my bones... where's anderson cooper? he needs to take his fruity self over there and do what he does... even if ur an athiest or have roots in what ever religion thoughts prayers should go out to them... man... how depressing... what would buddha say about this one?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join