It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Certifications

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Not a conspiracy, just wondering if anyone knows of any good testing software, website to get one ready for certifications. Comptia A+ to be specific. I don't need training or a full packet. I just need a good test to ensure that I'm ready to pass. Any ideas paid or free would work.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I would have to say you are much better off taking a more specific test, pretty much anything other than the a++. It's become so common it's sort of just ignored.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
For example, like the networking or anything similar will do you well. Anything Cisco related, pays well, although the tests are moderately difficult.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I personally think that A+ is a good certification to get started on. It's really good to know and learn hardware no matter what you do later on.
I will say that I have a ton of technical certifications but I don't think they helped me all that much.
They got me my first tech job though, for a company that wanted to put all my certificates in frames in their front office. lol When I quit, they kept the stupid things and wouldn't give them back - kept them hanging there. You do get cards though.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by amazing

Everyone is a computer expert these days. Why not train yourself in something less commonly pursued?

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Google comptia a+ sample test

6th result down: www.passitnow.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by againuntodust
Google comptia a+ sample test

6th result down: www.passitnow.com...

Will check it out. Most of the google search results are hit and miss with this type of thing or completely outdated. Understood about Certs not meaning much but...switching careers and either want to go into management or technology. Experience with both but neither show up strong on my resume. Need a way to show that I have some experience and think I a cert or two should do the trick. Having a really hard time getting my foot in the door. After that I'm seeing SAP, SAS, CCNA, SharePoint, Linux and UNIX in demand.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by amazing

Network+, Security+, and CCNA should really be your focus if you're just starting out.
2nd

new topics

top topics

join