It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Introduction Forum Before Posting Anywhere else?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Do I really have to have 20 different responses to posts in order to post anywhere else? That sucks, ugh. I just came on here because I thought the paranormal section was really interesting and had some odd experience myself. I would probably never discuss it with anyone because they'd probably think I'm insane although I did experience this with one other person so I know it's not just in my head and no we were not on some drug.

Anyways, this site looks like a very very good forum compared to other sites I've been on. Looks like a lot of mature and smart people hang around here unlike yahoo answers.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by chelle21689

Hi chelle21689, and welcome to the Introductions Forum, a place to say hello to the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only for now. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Some handy links, links and more links.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Start Here - ATS Freshmans Forum

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read)

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

Signature Guidelines

Try our Ask ATS with the search words of your choice.

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Super-Moderator.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by chelle21689

Explanation: Flagged!

Personal Disclosure: Welcome! OL is sure a mod will be along soon to help out with an informative post etc. I also recommend utilizing the green chat voyuer function on the ATS tool bar to the bottom of most ATS webpages [aka the ribbon]! It will enable you to watch who and what is being posted in chat but unfortunately you wont be able to join or chat back until your post count reaches 200 posts or so.

Reply to this post with the reply function up top right of this post and that'll be another post towards your mandatory 20 posts before you can start your own threads. Note you can post almost in any forum right now. It just takes 20 posts to START your own threads.

Please message me using the message button on far left ATS tool bar [after you have made at least 20 posts] if you require any further help whatsoever!

Peace and much love!

Sincerely OL [OmegaLogos]

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Oh and can anyone tell me how I can look at my history of what I post and reply to?

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by chelle21689
Do I really have to have 20 different responses to posts in order to post anywhere else? That sucks, ugh. I just came on here because I thought the paranormal section was really interesting and had some odd experience myself. I would probably never discuss it with anyone because they'd probably think I'm insane although I did experience this with one other person so I know it's not just in my head and no we were not on some drug.

Anyways, this site looks like a very very good forum compared to other sites I've been on. Looks like a lot of mature and smart people hang around here unlike yahoo answers.

Hi...welcome to ATS....no....you have to have 20 posts (that you have written) before you can create a thread....in one of the forums.

edit on 21-8-2011 by caladonea because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Welcome and I look forward to hearing your experience...as for your second comment...well, you will see that the majority are, but the majority also isn't.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Oh and can anyone tell me how I can look at my history of what I post and reply to?

click - tools
click - messages
click-replies (for people who have replied to your posts)

click - tools
click - profile
click - posts (to view your posts)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Hi. Welcome to ATS.

The deal is, you need 20 posts to start a new thread. Doesn't matter where. Just start reading the threads and posting replies. You'll have them before you know it. You can monitor your progress with the letters and numbers below your avatar.

F= Flags collected from your own threads
S= Stars others have given you
P=Posts you have done
K= Karma, a mysterious equation involving posts, starts and flags ratio
W= Way Above Top Secret, another equation by the owners that is from a summation of your input

Have fun. Seeya around the boards.
edit on 21-8-2011 by N3k9Ni because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Hello, I see that others have responded to your questions about the board mechanics and whatnot. I just wanted to say welcome to the site and don't be scared to post your experiences. If you look around you will see that a lot of people post all kinds of seemingly crazy stuff. They take a lot of flack too sometimes, BUT there are other members of the site that will understand and take you seriously. That I know and it does make it easier to share stuff here. Anyway, hope you enjoy.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Yea its pretty dumb. And if you have some great info to share and you make a thread about it on the intro forum it gets removed. I guess people with less than 20 posts have no important information or something.

top topics

join