It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama to get not two but three presidential terms??

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by 46ACE

Originally posted by davidgrouchy
I would like to see at least twelve more years of Obama in the Whitehouse.
Either through amendment or taking turns with his wife as first spouse.
This is not something one should just be able to walk away from,
stay and get all the hard work done done.
This is what I want.

David Grouchy

I just threw up a little into my mouth: thanks for that imagery "David grouchy"

When you can't trust a single word passing his lips; and Jeff Immelt (ceo of G.E. ) as his"jobs CZAR";
12more years of the USA existing as a nation would be considered a "generous" assumption.
" [color=gold] Sarcasm" Mr. Grouchy (?) I hope ...

Nope.
Deadly serious.
I hereby sentence him to stay until the entire mess is cleaned up.

“nothing is more fatal to a people than the mania for great reforms”
-Gustave LeBon

I feel you,
and understand your sentiments.

I also think it is healthy and cathartic for everyone to come in here and get their feelings out about him.

But until we stop firing our elected officials
they will be continually bought out by the donations of big business.

My instincts tell me that it is the corporate controlled media
in collusion with the invisible permenant beauracracy
that are the source of all our problems.

Make our officials stay and finish the job.
Only then will We The People start to win.

David Grouchy
edit on 21-8-2011 by davidgrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
There were talks of trying to amend the 22nd amendment because Arnold was wanting to run for president too. People don't seem to realize that the little piece of paper called the Consitution doesn't mean jack squat. Its the people that it represents is where it gets its power. If people won't stand up for the Constitution, then there won't be a Constitution to stand up for us.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I remember this same topic when Bush, Clinton, Bush, Reagan, were presidents.

Never going to happen. The 2nd Ammendment protects all the other Ammendments.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012

Originally posted by robwerden
What bill are you talking about? Do you not know about the Constitution? In order to change the Constitution it would take an Amendment which needs to be ratified. A Constitutional Amendment can take 10 years to get ratified and Obama will be long gone before that. This is just silly.

I am guessing you have never heard of an Executive Order? Some bending of the original constitution was in order for them to be able to do that.

I'm guessing you have never heard of Congress passing legislation that is opposite to the Executive Order in order to over rule it. Or to defund any such Executive Order as another means of stopping it. The President is not king and everything has a check and balance.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
The markets are betting against an Obama re-run.

www.dailymarkets.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
"well they shoot horses don't they..."
"Finishing the Job" maybe to put the last three nails in the coffin of the united State as we know it...(put the old girl "down" out of her misery?)
I'd like to think not; but politicians have broken my trust in govt.:
edit on 21-8-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

The corpratocracy broke our trust in politicians first.

I, for one, am glad that we have a shark for a president.
Particularly one from the Chicago feeding frenzy.

David Grouchy

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by kro32

What bill are you talking about? Do you not know about the Constitution? In order to change the Constitution it would take an Amendment which needs to be ratified. A Constitutional Amendment can take 10 years to get ratified and Obama will be long gone before that. This is just silly.

I am guessing you have never heard of an Executive Order? Some bending of the original constitution was in order for them to be able to do that.

I'm guessing you have never heard of Congress passing legislation that is opposite to the Executive Order in order to over rule it. Or to defund any such Executive Order as another means of stopping it. The President is not king and everything has a check and balance.

And I'm guessing you never heard of the Presidential Veto. You are right though. The President is not King. However, the people let him do whatever he wants whenever he wants...pathetic really for such a "superpower".

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
Maybe more. It's going to be rather difficult for any contender to come up with $1 Billion. Which is how much Obama has to spend on his re-election.

First I just need to know where you got that "$1 Billion" figure from.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

And I'm guessing you never heard of the Presidential Veto. You are right though. The President is not King. However, the people let him do whatever he wants whenever he wants...pathetic really for such a "superpower".

And i'm guessing you never heard of a Congress overriding a Presedential Veto? I would happy to give you instances where that occured.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

And i'm guessing you never heard of a Congress overriding a Presedential Veto? I would happy to give you instances where that occured.

As would I...why do I keep feeding the trolls? Agree to disagree troll?

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

The corpratocracy broke our trust in politicians first.

I, for one, am glad that we have a shark for a president.
Particularly one from the Chicago feeding frenzy.

David Grouchy

touche'
Hey: make lobbying illegal; remove corporate"person hood"! Change the tax laws; Subsidize federal campaigns(remove ALL private money) .Just do it constitutionally (no bypassing congress):. I'm all for it!
Can I still be considered a"conservative" and spout that?

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   

I'm all for it!

Just to be clear,
I am not prejudiced.
If Ron Paul gets elected,
I will want 16 years of Paul in office as well.

David Grouchy

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

You know that FDR did it because there was no presidential term limits until after his death.

Either way, talk about crying wolf. Your post not only ignores common sense, but also tries to make something tiny into a plausible situation.

People tried saying W. would do the same thing. I assure you Obama won't. He isn't the Anti-Christ or even close. And if he was then he would only have 8 years right? So which is it. He is either the Anti-Christ or has 3 terms. Since you believe in the bible you also believe the part that he would only have 8 short years to do what he needs. That is only 2 terms.

Your OP is pretty much fantasy garbage. I hope you have your warriors tunic on before you roll your 10d.
edit on 8/21/2011 by mudbeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Executive orders can be overturned by either of the other two branches: the Supreme Court can do so through a case that is brought in front of them and Congress can do so by passing legislation that would conflict with the order or by refusing to approve funding to enforce it. The president still has the right to veto a decision from Congress, which Congress can override as always with a two-thirds majority that would end the executive order.

To date, two executive orders have been overturned by other branches. This includes the previously mentioned Truman order as well as a 1996 Clinton order that attempted to prevent the US government from contracting with organizations that had strike-breakers on the payroll. Executive orders can also be overturned by future presidents.

www.votetocracy.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

I'm all for it!

Just to be clear,
I am not prejudiced.

David Grouchy

Hmmmm.. Its scary,currently illegal; probably too easily abused ; but you just may be onto something. Think of all the time we could save without all the " blaming the last administration..."
Okay:
On one condition: the prez becomes immediately "impeachable"(by popular vote) by wearing a locked explosive collar 24/7 with a publicly available recall phone#. Once so many calls are made to "vote him out of office". it goes off (taking his cranium with it).
We still need "control" over the office( the whole"govern by consent" thing).

Ikeed... ikeed... They'd just turn off the phone #...and rule for life.or change it and give the real one to theCFR and the Rochefellers...

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

Someone would probably hack the collar, and the "impeachment" wouldn't be by majority vote. That would be so un-democratic...

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
It gave me a good belly laugh though.

LOL

Stop.

That's not funny.

LOL.

David Grouchy

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

I'm all for it!

Just to be clear,
I am not prejudiced.

David Grouchy

A 93 year old President?

You Ron Paul people amaze me.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
Bush was actually a leader. Whether or not you liked the way he led, he was a leader.

What? You smoking crack? Leader my ass. Bush was a puppet just like Obama...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join