It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama to get not two but three presidential terms??

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Maybe more. It's going to be rather difficult for any contender to come up with $1 Billion. Which is how much Obama has to spend on his re-election.

A leader who will deceive the people, and the people who will follow him no matter what end, even as he destroys the world in the process, is often how the Antichrist in the Bible is described. Now, I'm not saying that Obama is this Antichrist who will unite the world under false intentions. But there is currently a bill that can allow Obama to take the Presidential office for more than two terms. FDR did it. Could Obama buy two more presidencies? Or will people finally wake up and realize what this administration has done.

www.politicsdaily.com...
edit on 21-8-2011 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
What bill are you talking about? Do you not know about the Constitution? In order to change the Constitution it would take an Amendment which needs to be ratified. A Constitutional Amendment can take 10 years to get ratified and Obama will be long gone before that. This is just silly.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I'll just kill myself now...

I was having a good morning...

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Well Bush Jr. got 2 terms, cant say it would surprise me at the least.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by robwerden
What bill are you talking about? Do you not know about the Constitution? In order to change the Constitution it would take an Amendment which needs to be ratified. A Constitutional Amendment can take 10 years to get ratified and Obama will be long gone before that. This is just silly.

I linked it in the OP

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

The Constitution doesn't have to be changed. Just ignored and misinterpreted.

Obama has done both over the last few years and who is challenging or stopping him?

No one.

So why even think about changing it when he can just continue doing whatever he wants while America lets him? The real issue is that this poor excuse for a human being that destroys the Constitution of the United States will again be voted in, thereby justifying his actions.

This one election will tell the World that the Constitution is no longer valid and that Obama can do whatever he wants since his own people have chosen not to put a stop to a mad man in office.

Every single vote for Obama is another nail in the Constitution and a nod to throw it in the trash. For anyone saying that their vote doesn't matter...this is absolutely the time that it does.

Please cherish it and use it wisely.

edit on 21-8-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I would like to see at least twelve more years of Obama in the Whitehouse.
Either through amendment or taking turns with his wife as first spouse.
This is not something one should just be able to walk away from,
stay and get all the hard work done done.
This is what I want.

David Grouchy

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
It's an "article" written in 2008

from the link:

"With President-elect Barack Obama set to take the oath of office to begin his first term, one New York Congressman wants to make it possible for him to one day serve a third. Representative Jose Serrano (D) has introduced a bill in the House to abolish the 22nd Amendment to the Constitution, which limits presidents to two consecutive terms or ten years in office"

I just don't see it even with stalwart "holdouts"..

Scared me a bit there.

edit on 21-8-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I was having a perfect morning, just chilling and whatnot.
Till you said what you just said. Good lord have mercy.
Please don't make me revert back to Christianity. I worked hard running away.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
this guy has been introducing this bill every 2 years starting in 1997 when clinton was running, so this was not specifically for obama.

www.snopes.com...

there have been others over the past 20 years , but it has never been brought to a vote before congress (all referred to committee and languished there.

stop taking something in general and attaching it to Obama

edit on 21-8-2011 by research100 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Heartisblack
I was having a perfect morning, just chilling and whatnot.
Till you said what you just said. Good lord have mercy.
Please don't make me revert back to Christianity. I worked hard running away.

I had just about given up "drinking"...

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Juanxlink

Bush was actually a leader. Whether or not you liked the way he led, he was a leader.

Obama doesn't even compare to Bush.

Obama = Jimmy Carter....in other words....1 Termer.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by research100

even so, he could do it, the bill is there, and the sheep will vote for him...

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
If this guy get re-elected just one more time, we ALL better prepare the suitcases, go to Mexico and leave him alone with all his suckers.

....yeah, that bad.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Oh how soon we forget. The same thing was said about Dubya here a few years back. It ain't happening.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by davidgrouchy
I would like to see at least twelve more years of Obama in the Whitehouse.
Either through amendment or taking turns with his wife as first spouse.
This is not something one should just be able to walk away from,
stay and get all the hard work done done.
This is what I want.

David Grouchy

I just threw up a little into my mouth: thanks for that imagery "David grouchy"

When you can't trust a single word passing his lips; and Jeff Immelt (ceo of G.E. ) as his"jobs CZAR";
12more years of the USA existing as a nation would be considered a "generous" assumption.

"Sarcasm" Mr. Grouchy (?) I "hope"...while I "change": (into some jeans to go disassemble my front porch. The bunker needs reinforcement.)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Juanxlink

Yeah well 2 terms is the limit.
Obama will not have more than two.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

I am guessing you have never heard of an Executive Order? Some bending of the original constitution was in order for them to be able to do that.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
It is almost impossible without a major crisis in the world for this amendment to be changed.

According to historian Glenn W. LaFantasie of Western Kentucky University, "ever since 1985, when Ronald Reagan was serving in his second term as president, there have been repeated attempts to repeal the 22nd Amendment; this proposal has failed repeatedly in Congress, although it is still introduced over and over again."[2] In addition, several Democratic congressmen, including Rep. Barney Frank, Rep. José Serrano,[3] Rep. Howard Berman,[4] and Sen. Harry Reid,[5] have introduced legislation to repeal the Twenty-second Amendment, but each resolution died before making it out of its respective committee. Other alterations have been proposed, including replacing the absolute two term limit with a limit of no more than two consecutive terms and giving Congress the power to grant a dispensation to a current or former president by way of a supermajority vote in both houses.

en.wikipedia.org...

Not only would it have to get through Congress but 3/4 of the States would have to approve it also. It just will never have the support and any action outside of this that is taken will immediately be struck down by the Supreme Court which currently is more conservative and is not likely to change in the near future.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

"For anyone saying that their vote doesn't matter..."

Our votes don't matter now that they have the programmable electronic voting machines...

Bush Jr made that obvious.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join