It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any high schoolers who have questions about the general state of US political madness I will answer

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Unfortunately my original intent with this thread did not go as planned, there are either not many people in high school on ATS or not interested, But I have noticed how quickly people bring out the Hitler analogies when you ask a high school student a question. Interesting.

edit on 21-8-2011 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Who wrote the federalist point of view in the newspapers before the convention in Philedephia and who wrote the anti-federalist point of view and what respective pen-names did they use to hide their identity?

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
Who wrote the federalist point of view in the newspapers before the convention in Philedephia and who wrote the anti-federalist point of view and what respective pen-names did they use to hide their identity?

Who wrote them and what pen name they used is not as important as the ideas they contain

Those furious zealots who are for cramming it down the throats of the people, without allowing them either time or opportunity to scan or weigh it in the balance of their understandings, bear the same marks in their features as those who have been long wishing to erect an aristocracy in THIS COMMONWEALTH

www.utulsa.edu...

Sounds like something you'd read on ATS
and I'm proud of that.

From the anti-federalist paper:

I had rather be a free citizen of the small republic of Massachusetts, than an oppressed subject of the great American empire.

Amen, brother.

Now compare this to the federalist writings:

Nothing is more certain than the indispensable necessity of government, and it is equally undeniable, that whenever and however it is instituted, the people must cede to it some of their natural rights in order to vest it with requisite powers.

Wow. Let me opt out of that nonsense. Hamilton obviously wrote most of the federalist papers, but it doesn't matter what pen name they use, it's easy to distinguish statism from libertarianism.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
Unfortunately my original intent with this thread did not go as planned, there are either not many people in high school on ATS or not interested, But I have noticed how quickly people bring out the Hitler analogies when you ask a high school student a question. Interesting.

Hey, it was a joke, man, and I said no disrespect.

You have to understand when trying to Target the youth, motives come into question. You pointed out Socrates in a previous post yourself and his fate, so you knew the risks when you created the topic. While from reading your posts in this thread you seem genuine in wanting to answer questions, some people might not see it that way.
BTW, I don't have time to pour through your hundreds of threads, and since school is back in session, I doubt many high school/college kids do either. Just give us a Cliff's Notes version on the topics you really want people to know about. It could just be a sentence per topic outlining each. If you care that much about what you believe in, I don't see that as too much of a stretch.
Cheers

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by the owlbear

Cliff Notes to my mind:

Plot Summary: Striving for knowledge and truth, filosophia (Philosophy) transcends temporal dualities of thought and dwells within the unchanging realm of Truth.

About filosophia's mind: Filosophia can trace his ideology back 3000 years to the Upanishads and continues in an unwavering pattern of thought through different cultures and times.

Themes: Truth and Liberation over materialism and propaganda. Sovereignty of spirit. Willingness to resist tyranny. An intellectual and fighting spirit.

Motifs: Truth conquers the lie.

Political affiliation: Independent, Compromising Anarchist. Ron Paul supporter. Conspiracy theorist. Holocaust researcher. Central banking researcher. Knowledgeable in the history of the Illuminati. Encourager of the scared and frightened. Prefers the term "parasite" over "elite"

Mood: happy, content

Race: White, lives in 90 percent black neighborhood.

Interests: gardening, philosophy, politics.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by the owlbear

Obama is actually more of a "democrat", but really, what difference is there anymore? Look at the voting records, this whole show of politics has become a multimillion dollar industry unto itself with books, radio, and tv asking for your dollars to polarize your thoughts and beliefs into one of two camps. Meanwhile, the divide between super rich and poor grows wider than the Grand Canyon and all elected officials make sure you're too busy arguing about talking points to notice.

Geez, I couldn't agree more. I've always said I didn't claim a party. But initially that was because I preferred to choose a president, not a party. Later, like you, I realized it's all a ruse anyway.

And, enjoy those teen years...nothing you can do now can change our system, not Ron Paul or any other politician can help, so don't sweat it, just have as much fun as you can and save the worrying about things you have no control over for much later in life!

Well Bless Your Heart!!! I don't know what I said that made you think I am a teenager, but I am a mother of two college students... but you took me back... for a brief moment, and I thank you!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join