It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any high schoolers who have questions about the general state of US political madness I will answer

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
First off I don't even know how many people in high school go on ATS, so that will be something I'll learn from the start, but if you have any questions or just want to pose some theories feel free to do so in this thread and you can get some wisdom from an old timer
Just kidding I'm not that old.

Feel free to ask any question about 9/11, or the Vatican, or the two party system, whatever you like. Collegers are okay as well.

edit on 21-8-2011 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

Please don't send these kids here www.studentnewsdaily.com...
It is a Nazi propaganda mind washing machine. No liberal Dem is FOR abortion for example. I had to quit reading because propaganda shown here under the guise of "education" made me sick.

EDIT: I keep saying kids when I mean young people - a meritage of optimism and idealism tempered with stubborn will and the belief they will never die. Gotta love 'em. Remember this is all only my opinion too and I am not preaching. I am saying these are "like facts" and will be hard to dispute once you think about them and open up eyes to see it. We are distracted with the Left/Right Politics incorrectly so that politics can effectively hoodwink us.

Anyway take what you will from the site above. I stumbled on it and was surprised it existed under such a misleading header. This takes extremist points of view and incorrectly applies them to liberals. This paints conservatives in an unreal and flattering light that is a deception, and a deliberate one.

Democrats and Republicans are basically the same. The divide in our country is between the rich and the poor. Not Democrats and Republicans. It is just fashioned to appear that way. Happens that the majority of Rich are Republicans since this is the party that protects their money. Democrats are using their "money" in the form of taxes to perform services and to repair societal ills and injustices, Republicans use laws to "fix" the society. They simply incarcerate undesirables rather than bother to try and repair or rehabilitate, feed or re-educate. Their solution is more laws, harsher sentences and more and bigger prisons. They do not need to fix the society because by virtue of their great wealth they are effectively removed from it. At least the dirty parts of it, and they needn't even see the diseased and starving rabble in the streets unless they turn on the TV (which other than for the stock report they never do) The poor don't get to trod on their golf courses or seashores. These are all roped off "private places" reserved for the rich with tall walls and armed guards.

Concerning the wealthy and the poor in this country, there are one set of laws but many different possible penalties for breaking that law depending on whether you are rich or poor.
Should it matter who can afford the best defense? Does that really determine guilt or innocence?
It is a flawed system based on Codex of Hammurabi, and the Great Republic of Rome but that's another thread.
The same crime might get you a slap on the wrists if you're a millionaire but a poor person guilty of the same crime (perhaps theft) will do 8 to 10 years. Look at the white collar crooks that are still out there. Corporate takeovers that can steal a persons life savings, Bernie Madoffs that got away compared to a guy who robs someone on the street. It is different whether the theft is with a pen or a phone call, than if it is made using a gun. And it seems to be ok to steal if you are rich and doing it to a lot of people rather than poor and to one.
Another example: Penalty for getting caught with crack are severe you'll do 12 years or something because mostly poor people use it whereas -
Cocaine, the rich mans version of the same drug...they send you home with a small fine and community service.
They are weeding out society using not necessarily the laws - that would be too obvious, they are using the penalty. And it should raise a lot of red flags. Notice please Republicans who want to build more and more privatized prisons. Look for the R after their names. Now look and see if you can even find a Dem on board with that. You get a picture?
They are really trying to clean up the street with these laws.
Solve social problems not with social services, but with laws sending the rich guy back home and the poor sob to jail. The difference between Democrats and Republicans is only in the way the cards fall. It is our justice system and penal system that is flawed and skewed to produce a certain desired result. That is one of the first things in my estimation, that needs to be fixed.

edit on 21-8-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Hey im a senior and i was wondering what the hell is happening in general because it seems like all hell is breaking loose even though thats just probably the news blowing things out of proportion. So yeah the two party system seems to be coming to an end especially with that council of 13 Obama has.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

It is a Nazi propaganda mind washing machine.

That's funny, you tell kids not to go somewhere and then you give them a link. That's like saying don't go to that bar down the street, here's the address.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Don't assume yourself to know more than us. That's all I'm going to say. You'd be surprised at how much more well written, organized, and thoughtful we are about our conspiratorial information, board etiquette, and general knowledge than the older members. Not trying to start anything, but just don't assume age = greater wisdom&knowledge.

Be at peace, friend.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sorayugiman
Hey im a senior and i was wondering what the hell is happening in general because it seems like all hell is breaking loose even though thats just probably the news blowing things out of proportion. So yeah the two party system seems to be coming to an end especially with that council of 13 Obama has.

The news is making things seem extremely bad, what with the alien invasions and global warming, but the media is a red herring, a distraction, away from the real problems of the world, like nuclear meltdowns in Japan and the rising unemployment rate and homelessness rate.

The media is lies. You can almost take the exact opposite of what the media says and it becomes the truth. Like for instance, they have said multiple times that Gadaffi fled Libya, but it was always turned out to be untrue. Now they are saying Gadaffi is near surrender, try to guess if that is the truth or not.

Despite what your classmates and teachers may say, Obama is a horrible president, and it has nothing at all to do with the fact that he is (half) black (his mother is Jewish). Obama has started an illegal war in Libya without congressional approval and there is strong suspicion that he is not even a U.S. citizen. Not sure if you are aware of any of this or not, but basically I feel like it has to be said because a lot of people I know still have the notion that Obama is just being blocked by the republicans when that is not really the case.

If Ron Paul wins the two party system comes to an end, otherwise Obama may get a second term and the country will experience some drastic depression in the economy.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I can't support the idea of this thread. High schoolers, use the search function and read the pre-existing threads on the aforementioned topics. You'll learn much more doing that than asking one person their thoughts on something. No offense to the OP, but there's no way you could possibly explain everything about any of these topics.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Don't let the thread derailers get in the way, I'm still here to answer any questions. Don't let them distract you.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia

Originally posted by newcovenant

It is a Nazi propaganda mind washing machine.

That's funny, you tell kids not to go somewhere and then you give them a link. That's like saying don't go to that bar down the street, here's the address.

Is it funny. Do you think I don't trust kids enough to see through this information? What are you gonna do? Close those bars so they can't see that they exist? Put up a facade? No.

Make the kids smarter by providing well rounded comprehensive education and don't obscure information, bastardize history, hide stuff or secret things away as unfit for the age group. We are all in this together, after all. We need them and we need them well informed.
Do you think I should conceal a website from them because I think they are not ready for it, or they can't handle the material? Do I think they should know what propaganda and bias looks like? Yes.
Should this kind of thing be brought up and discussed? Absolutely. I trust them to see through it. They have not grown as old and stupid as some of the rest of us. Present company excluded of course.

I only edited the post above since you were so quick to comment in the negative without considering I was only trying to support and offer information to your thread. Why ridicule me whether you think that or not? Eastern countries have it all over the West in manners. I'll tell you that. I figured you are right too. Why send them to a site with out explaining why I bring it up. Same reason we bring up anything negative, so you don't do it again. So you see it...."REALLY SEE IT" for what it is.

Just imo anyway...for what it's worth.
edit on 21-8-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric

Don't assume yourself to know more than us. That's all I'm going to say. You'd be surprised at how much more well written, organized, and thoughtful we are about our conspiratorial information, board etiquette, and general knowledge than the older members. Not trying to start anything, but just don't assume age = greater wisdom&knowledge.

Be at peace, friend.

Could not have said it better myself. Kids need to learn by experience and investigation and not by being preached to or "told" things - divine or not.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

"...a lot of people I know still have the notion that Obama is just being blocked by the republicans when that is not really the case."

This is going to sound really strange, but Obama is the first president since I became of voting age, that I cannot for the life of me remember if he is Democrat or Republican. Anybody else have that little memory lapse? Is it because he is just sort of a non-entity?

Also, OP... why would you limit this thread to questions from teenagers? Very strange if you ask me. Does that mean you are a teenager too, or are you an adult but lack the ability (or nerve) to exchange ideas with your peers? Just curious.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by new_here

"...a lot of people I know still have the notion that Obama is just being blocked by the republicans when that is not really the case."

This is going to sound really strange, but Obama is the first president since I became of voting age, that I cannot for the life of me remember if he is Democrat or Republican. Anybody else have that little memory lapse? Is it because he is just sort of a non-entity?

Also, OP... why would you limit this thread to questions from teenagers? Very strange if you ask me. Does that mean you are a teenager too, or are you an adult but lack the ability (or nerve) to exchange ideas with your peers? Just curious.

Obama is a democrat but is no different from the republican Bush, maybe that explains your memory lapse.

I talk with people of all stages of life, not just my peers. Do you only have the nerve to exchange ideas with your peers?

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

I talk with people of all stages of life, not just my peers. Do you only have the nerve to exchange ideas with your peers?

What an odd question to ask me. I have never created a thread with a title and opening post that asked for only a specific age group to participate. I was just curious as to why you did. That's all. That's actually the reason I clicked on the link to start with. Nosy me! Maybe you are a high school History teacher?

I do think you are right about the Obama-Bush likeness.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Geez if you guys have a problem with this guys thread then just leave and dont post. It doesnt make any sense to just keep making negative comments and you are just wasting your life doing so. I think even if someone does there research people always like to ask questions with each other and like to hear others feel the same they do. People will always seek out others. Besides we have all learned here that everyone has their own views and opinions so they will believe whatever they want research or not. So there anyways thanks for your view i like to see others with the same ideas.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by new_here

Obama is actually more of a "democrat", but really, what difference is there anymore? Look at the voting records, this whole show of politics has become a multimillion dollar industry unto itself with books, radio, and tv asking for your dollars to polarize your thoughts and beliefs into one of two camps. Meanwhile, the divide between super rich and poor grows wider than the Grand Canyon and all elected officials make sure you're too busy arguing about talking points to notice.

I came of age during the bush I/Clinton years, and, unfortunately, it took me years to come to my conclusions due to my own research. Not knocking the OP or anything, but the only answers you will truly find are those you find on your own. And, enjoy those teen years...nothing you can do now can change our system, not Ron Paul or any other politician can help, so don't sweat it, just have as much fun as you can and save the worrying about things you have no control over for much later in life!

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Why are you fishing (or phishing) for high school kids?

My advice to high school kids is, don't give out any info about your age or location.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by dusty1

My advice to high school kids is, don't give out any info about your age or location.

Socrates was put to death for educating the young. Think about that.

Oh, and I never asked for info about age or location.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
You know, filo, you could just outline your opinions and then, IF anyone is interested about your views, they can leave questions. It seems like a more efficient use of the targeted readers' time. I'm 35 and would like to know your views, but I'm not about to play 20 questions in order to read them.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by the owlbear
You know, filo, you could just outline your opinions and then, IF anyone is interested about your views, they can leave questions. It seems like a more efficient use of the targeted readers' time. I'm 35 and would like to know your views, but I'm not about to play 20 questions in order to read them.

I have over a hundred threads I authored, so you can just look at them if you want to know my beliefs.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by dusty1

Socrates was put to death for educating the young. Think about that.

Oh, and I never asked for info about age or location.

...and Hitler Jungen got cool pocketknives
(Note: that was just a humourous observation, no disrespect.)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join