It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Superhumans - Man That Can Run Forever And More

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
One of the most fascinating History Channel documentaries I have ever seen was the man that never gets tired when running.

Dean had a life that most people would envy, great job, great pay, highly educated, but he was miserable and one day decided to give it all up and started running. Yes you heard it right, running and he has not stopped since.

Dean was tested by UCLA and the findings shocked the researchers there.

Apparently Dean's body does not produce more lactic acid as he exerts himself physically, but the reverse. Most people produce what is called lactic acid, and it build up in the body as they exert themselves physically, this cause fatigue, cramps, muscle spasms and more.

Feel free to add related stories, videos of Superhumans, and let's see how many we can come up with, on this thread.

Bob Munden the fastest gunmen ever, his speed is superhuman for sure. He can make two guns shots sound like one because he is so fast.

How can certain people do what appears to be impossible or once thought to be impossible?

edit on 21-8-2011 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
They were either born very lucky...
Or they know something we do not.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Electric man is really cool too.

A man that is immune to electricity.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I saw a few episodes of this show when it came out... Some of the people were pretty interesting, but some were pretty lame, and not very "super"... I mean a guy taking bricks and bowling balls to the head or whatever it was lol... thats just pure stupidity...

But yeah that guy who ran forever was definitely pretty cool

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
i only saw the one episode, the super memory guy, and he was pretty impressive.

The electricity guy i've seen before on a different show where he grabbed a hold of a huge circuit breaker. Interesting stuff, no doubt

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I don't know how some people do what they do.

I made a thread a while back about Lewis Pugh. He swam a kilometer in arctic waters that would kill most of us in minutes. In a Speedo. They found he can raise his core temp to 101 degrees by just focusing on it. I can't do that. I would have had a lot more sick days from school if I could.

I suggested that maybe these people were the early stages of mutations that could eventually lead to folks with "x-men" type abilities. Nobody agreed, but nobody offered an alternative, either.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Dennis Rogers is another amazing guy because he is really not the big physically, but the strength is superhuman.

Take a look.

So much for handcuffs holding this guy

edit on 21-8-2011 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by subject x

i seen a show about monks a few years back where they did something similar through meditation. They would walk out into the mountains and meditate in the snow. When he was finished all the snow within a few feet from him was melted.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

This is soo weird. My grandfather, who was a Kurdish farmer in east Syria, was known to run ridiculous lengths. He would run to the nearest city ( ca 60-70 km) and buy things and then promptly run back to his family.
My mom used to tell me, that the reason he always ran was because he had an "itch" in his legs, and every time he ran the "itch" would disappear.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Mirin Dajo - the REAL unbreakable human

videodescription is german, skip to 1:50, there is nothing spoken

enjoy him @ 13:00

edit on 21-8-2011 by Hessdalen because: mindcontrol...

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Faster than a calculator or faster than someone that can punch the numbers in?

Either way he is fast and amazing.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Incredible!! o.0

The questions is though...what is the damage that is done, not producing lactic acid? It's obviously produced for a reason? The body needs to know when to 'stop' and replenish the resources lost after depleting them, and lactic acid is, i guess, the stopping mechanism that is in place stop prevent you from exerting yourself to death.

I suppose in the natural world, there is no knowledge (in the animal kingdom) about nutrients and metabolism... so instinct and biological cues is what they rely on. As we are now far removed from these ideas, being able to go against and even cheat our basic instincts, the next step would surely be to design drugs to surpress lactic acid, knowing that we need to replenish our selves every 'x' amount of hours?

Truely amazing, if not a slightly scary endevour 0.o

Soldiers, runners, emergency services, explorers.... the changes that could be made to our normal way of life, just by surpressing lactic acid is quite hard to imagine.

Excellent post my friend, thankyou

AoN

top topics

join