It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Threads that get little attention.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I have noticed that a lot of the threads here that get the most attention are about the silliest things, that being said I have found some threads that get only a few post to be the most informative. Could you post here some of the threads that you think should have got more attention please. I did a search on this and found nothing if a thread has already been started about this can you please post the link for me. Thanks in advance.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by lightmere

You know, I just can't think of any specific thread titles, but I've had a sense before of what you're getting at. I think sometimes people are drawn to the bizarre. Also I do think that some of these frivolous topics that are getting lots of replies, may not be getting complimentary replies, if you know what I mean.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
This one seems interesting, it got some attention but I think it needs some more:
Dolores Barrios, a woman from Venus

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
all of mine

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Versa

Got any links? Please, post them here!
2nd line

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I'm frequently stunned at some of the great threads that don't get the attention or accolades they deserve.

But they either don't have the right username behind them, TLDR(Too long, didn't read), or they just aren't sensationalist enough. Oh, and it helps to have "PROOF!!!" in the title even if you don't have any.

Sometimes I think ATS members are so numb to so many things that it takes a controversial, or over the top title to get anyones attention. Too bad, because some great info gets overlooked because of it.

Still, there are other contributing factors as well. Time of day, a good descriptive headline, and some members will immediately bypass a thread if there are spelling mistakes in the headline.

I can't think of any particular threads at the moment, but hopefully a few will come to me, and I'll post them here.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Sometimes they just go missing, like mine frome a couple hrs ago which I thought was of great interest www.abovetopsecret.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">60 minutes-Fukushima residents showing signs of radiation poisoning

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by tinker9917

your kind of threads are my favorite....................

I saw it and TY..................yeah the 1 minute threads are why I troll ATS

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Nice idea asking for interesting threads. I will shamelessly put forward one of my threads that took me a lot of time to put-together that dropped off the radar soon after. Link in my signature.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Thx for the thread !! Man I totally agree. It's like so many smoke and mirrors at times. I don't mean this to be rude, but I wonder if people are looking for a comic book rather than "Issues" that affect us??

Thx again for your post..

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I wonder why is that some threads lie the one I posted above (this one: Dolores Barrios: An alien or a time-traveler?) don't show up on the "Recent posts" area when someone posts in it?

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I think this one needs a little more attention:

FunVax Virus to control

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
...cool - i'll shamelessly post my one and only thread that no one read...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
i am currently flagging the threads linked, if you have not already i suggest flagging them to get more interest in them. if they do not get many responses it is easy to miss them if they fall of the radar, i have not seen any of these ones linked so far, so thanks for this thread

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I found this one Very interesting. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thanks to all who answered!

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Fantastic idea! I think any threads that deal with political and corporate corruption in any country or place, and social and cultural issues, need to get more attention, also the psychology stuff...

I suggest that you ask the MODS to post which ones they think deserve more attention. If they have applauded something (and I am assuming they keep track of the applause they give out) then it's generally worthwhile, I've discovered.

You are absolutely correct, the thoughtful and wonderful contributions of the few who are not just scanning tabloids don't get much attention.

Excellent idea. And then maybe a separate place for them on the Home page? Like a "best of" instead of "top topics", which is solely flag and star and reply quanitity based, NOT necessarily content based. I don't feel qualified to choose, because I don't look at all the forums, and I'm still pretty new. (I have asked in the Aliens forum for some guidance as to where to look for quality stuff, and got a couple good answers.www.abovetopsecret.com... ), for example this one:
but I'm actually more interested in the world's current affairs among mortals and their bizarre behavior.

ETA: Are you going to put the ones YOU found most interesting on here, too? Hope so.

edit on 25-8-2011 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-8-2011 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I have found a wonderful thread that i feel did not get nearly enough attention.
Here it is.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I have to post mine because I was looking for discussion about the idea not just kudos for thinking out of the box, but that is all I've gotten besides one trying to derail the thread.

ATS Link

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I'm new here and I have been reading a bunch of stuff on here,some great posts.
But the most stupidests( I know not a real word) gets the flags and stars.

I guess do some research into the best of what this place has to offer and ignore the hype.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join