It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Favorite Combat Rifle of all time.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
My personal opinion for this topic is the KARABINER 98K

For modern Combat Rifle is the HK G36K

Now I want your opinion!

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Ak-47 ... the very best there is, when you absolutely positively got to kill every [snip] in the room... accept no substitutes

edit on 21/8/11 by Flying Sorcerer because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-8-2011 by elevatedone because: Removed Profanity

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0b42b7a5da86.png[/atsimg]

The winchester repeater.

It was grandfather claused in as an exception for the Brady bill.

It gains value over the years.

It can still stop a horse in one shot.

David Grouchy

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   

beast gun and a real classic!
edit on 21-8-2011 by Vrils r cool because: (no reason given)

m1 garand

Lahti 20mm semi-automatic anti-tank rifle

im also very very excited about this gun

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Vrils r cool

What sucks about the M1, having actually shot one, is having to wait to reload until you fire all 6 shots I think it was in the cartridge.

..oops left out my point lol.

before reloading.
edit on 8/21/2011 by geraldcole because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by davidgrouchy

The winchester repeater.

David Grouchy

I'm with Dave on this one. I have one and it's one of the best weapons I have ever used.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by therealwolf90

Favorite Combat Rifle of all time

One I only saw and fired once... it was a rework of the venerable M-14, which filled the short span between the M-1 Garand and the garbage M-16.

The version I saw and handled was called a 'take down' with stock/grip reduced and a slightly shortened barrel, to make it appear more assaultish. The bolt was (I think) also somewhat reworked... as was the magazine attachment mechanism.

It was sweet. If it had ever made production, it might have given the AK a run for its money.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

That's from an airsoft website, so I'm assuming is an airsoft rifle and not the kind of damage the OP is looking for lol.

Yes, yes I know they are modeled after real weapons sometimes hardly distinguishable, but still it's kinda funny.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by geraldcole
reply to post by Jepic

That's from an airsoft website, so I'm assuming is an airsoft rifle and not the kind of damage the OP is looking for lol.

Yes, yes I know they are modeled after real weapons sometimes hardly distinguishable, but still it's kinda funny.

Wow I didn't even notice. I just know that it looked like a SCAR plus the picture looked cool...

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
God, there are so many firearms to choose from.... But, I'm going to go with modern weaponry for my answers. For a rifle, I have to go with the HK416. Hands down of the most reliable rifles ever. As for something more for self defense, the Knight's Armament PDW. Does not get any better.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
My favorite is an old friend of mine. It isn't a lightweight plastic wonder or a self-destructing Communist rattletrap.
Even at its weight, short bursts on full auto were all I could control, but it did the job.

John Browning's genius at work world-war-2.wikia.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
M-14A1. The only rifle "better" than the AK47 imo.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
M240B in my opinion, despite that it's not a rifle.

It's manueverable, will keep in the fight without too much stoppage, & is a solid trade off in weight & firepower between a .50 cal & DShK in contrast to lightweight assault rifles when a dismounted patrol is the agenda.

www.chinook-helicopter.com...

My 2 cents at any rate.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Absolutely concur on most any of the M98 designs - the one I have on the wall is exactly like your photo it's a ZDP 43 - the one I had made into a custom lefty precision long range "hunting" configuration was the slightly longer barrelled version. The "8x57" round has similar ballistics to the .30-06 for long range effectiveness and WWII provided plenty of legendary feats using the round.

As far as modern battle rifles, I have more dislikes than likes but the quality of the H&K models is undeniable. With the available munitions today and multiplatform designs, picking a favorite just isn't possible - too many variations in mission. I prefer the 7.62x39 or .308 round over .223 or 5.45x39 primarily due the increased projectile mass and greater effective range. For snipers .50 BMG is awesome but its a bit big and heavy for pedestrian insertions - IMO the .338 Lapua Magnum's increased portability would be preferable for unhardened targets (personnel) . On the other hand, if the mission needs a APC killer, anything larger than the .50 BMG is more akin to artillery than a battle rifle - if you're mobile a .50 BMG or 30mm vulcan is awesome!

ganjoa.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by davidgrouchy

The winchester repeater.

David Grouchy

I never fired one, but it's certainly the most beautiful rifle ever made IMHO.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Im looking into buying the new LaRue Tactical OBR 556 with a 12" barrel. Of course to put everything that I want on it, it's going to cost me just over 2K. Saving

I'm a much better shot with rifles than pistols. But, I do still love my handguns. (S&W XDm .40 and 9mm)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by CeeRZ
Im looking into buying the new LaRue Tactical OBR 556 with a 12" barrel. Of course to put everything that I want on it, it's going to cost me just over 2K. Saving

I'm a much better shot with rifles than pistols. But, I do still love my handguns. (S&W XDm .40 and 9mm)

Haha

A real armchair commando doling out advice on best weapons. It's a Springfield XDm silly, not a smith and wesson, they make the M&P.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArcAngel

Originally posted by CeeRZ

Haha

A real armchair commando doling out advice on best weapons. It's a Springfield XDm silly, not a smith and wesson, they make the M&P.

Hahaha wow, yeah - my bad. My boyfriend was talking to me at the exact same time saying we should go shooting and I asked him which gun he was bringing. He has the S&W and I have the Springfield, but I was typing as he was talking. haha sorry -

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
The AICW VX3 which can fire 40mm grenades in auto with some you can set to air burst, also 5.56 mm ammo at the same time, with a kick ass computerised sight tech.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join