It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am afraid that Ron Paul will not be elected.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Ok first let me apoligise for another Ron Paul thread. That said, I had a personal experience during the last election that I wanted to share. I was in Florida in the Tampa area during the Florida Primary. I was struck by all the Ron Paul signs, and the support of him that the folks down there seemed to have. There were signs supporting him every place I went. I drove all over the central Florida area as far north as St. Augustine, and as far south as Kissemee. Also to both the east and west coasts. Every where I went I saw signs. The day of the primary, as it was ending, I was listening to a local Tampa radio station. They reported that Ron Paul had won the primary by a landslide victory.

When I got back to my hotel later, I put on the national news and was flabbergasted to see the MSM reporting that Ron had not even gotten 10% of the primary votes. Now clearly one of them was lying. I would say it was the MSM due to all the support I heard expressed by the people I talked to there and the support shown through all the signs.

Perhaps even if he does win, It will be reported that he lost. After all other candidates have won the popular vote, only to lose the electoral college vote. After all we don't really elect the president the electoral college does.
edit on 8/21/2011 by lonegurkha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Which do you suspect: Foul play (vote fraud), accidental local reporting, coverup/lies by the larger media, or other? I'm not quite sure what you're implying

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by AR154

I believe that the MSM were told to report that he didn't get more than 9% of the vote. I think that the local radio station reported the truth. Simply because of the thousands of signs I saw and what the people I spoke with had to say.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Ron Paul's support does not come from a majority of Republicans.

Many Ron Paul supporters can't even vote in most Republican primaries. They are registered independents, and anti-war democrats. You must be registered as a Republican in most states to cast a Republican Primary ballot.

The support may be there in the form of sign-making, vocal support, and of course the spamming of online polls.

But when it comes down to it, Ron Paul supporters can not be counted on to show up at the polls when it counts.

This is why Ron Paul has no chance.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

Thanks for the response. You make a very good point and one that I had not thought of or considered. Again thanks for your view. I think that you are correct.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Honestly i am more afraid of what is going to happen if he gets elected. Don't get me wrong, I'm not from USA but i like and support him. I am afraid because i don't belive TPTB will simply say "Oh well, he's president now, we better listen to him." I don't belive TPTB will get away without fighting back and best proof for that is media ignorance towards Ron Paul.

President assassination wouldn't be anything new for US but i guess people would hit the streets in case of something like that. Then again FEMA camps could be handy in case of riots....

I'm being pessimistic right now....
I wish all the best to USA, Ron Paul and whole world.
edit on 21/8/11 by dario86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
In order for the right people to get elected who can truly represent the electorate (all) then the system or model of politics and economics needs to change to a form which takes the best elements of the varying models of today and applies them in an empathic and sustaining way. I would call it "FAIRSHARE-ISM".

On that note...see

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 21-8-2011 by RoguePhilosopher because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by dario86

The media here is clearly controlled. I remember when I was allot younger the evening news covered what was happening in the world outside our borders. Now it's just fluff and feel good news pieces. Anything to keep us ignorant of the real issues in the world.

That said, I think that if he is elected that congress would gridlock and the media would have a field day tearing him down because they would be told to.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by RoguePhilosopher

I read your OP and like the idea,However I think that greed and all the power mongers would pervert the system. Just as these things have perverted the existing system. I don't see a way to stop this as I believe it is a part of human nature. Certian people are greedy and others always seek power over others.

new topics

top topics

join