It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

STG 44 or AK 47. Which is better?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
The German made STURMGEWEHR 44
Cartridge 7.92x33 Kurz
Action Gas-operated, tilting bolt
Rate of fire 500 rounds/min
Muzzle velocity 685 m/s (2,247 ft/s)
Effective range 300 m
Feed system 30-round detachable box magazine
Sights Adjustable sights, rear: V-notch; front: hooded post

The Soviet AK 47
Cartridge 7.62x39mm M43/M67
Action Gas-operated, rotating bolt
Rate of fire 600 rounds/min
Muzzle velocity 715 m/s (2,346 ft/s)
Effective range 300 metres (330 yd) full automatic 400 metres (440 yd) semi-automatic
Feed system 10, 20 , 30 , 40 or 75 -round detachable box and drum style magazine, also compatible with 40-round box or 75-round drum magazines from the RPK
Sights Adjustable iron sights, 100–800 metre adjustments, 378 mm (14.9 in) sight radius

I just want your opinion. Mine is Bias because I'm German.
Sincerly,
CPL Sabastian Sears (CDND)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
It depends on what you're looking for and your price range.
For me, nothing is more fun than a fully auto AK with drum mag and the ammo is much cheaper.
Spray and pray and you're bound to hit something, but if you're looking for accuracy and reliability then go German.

What can I say, Germans make excellent killing machines.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I would have to say the AK, as it is a more widely used weapon therefore I imagine munitions would be easier to come by. Although I'm also assuming you are talking about a SHTF scenario?

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
The only reason I know what these are and look like is from playing lot of Call of Duty. The STG was very accurate in World of War and the AK is a sloppy gun in Black ops. I would never buy a gun but if there was a zombie apocalypse then I would head for the AK - better mobility.

I think I just ranted on a but then.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ariele
reply to post by therealwolf90

*Staff Edit -Off Topic portion removed*

Back on topic! - AK47 any day of the week. Not accurate on full auto, but as accurate as any rifle on single shot - plus you know it will probably never jam or break
edit on 21/8/2011 by Sauron because: Snipped OT

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Wie gehts kamerade?

Volksdeutsch myself.

If you are talking strictly from a pride point, I think you can be safe either way.

Kalashnikov took the STg and tweaked it. Its still German tech at heart.

Just like 'Diesel engines. Rudolf Diesel had the concept and everyone else ripped him off and tweaked theres.

ON a practical point, I'll take the AK. Ammo, mags, part are all VASTLY easier to come by.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Ariele

I don't have a gun myself.... but really.... you show complete ignorance over why anyone would have a gun.... They are tools....and while, yes they are used for war., they are also used every day, all around the world, to provide food for families.

Quit acting like every gun owner is an insecure male...... Never heard of a woman gun owner? Or do you think those insecure men forced them to own a gun?

edit on 21-8-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   

edit on 21-8-2011 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ariele
psychological tests have shown that men who posses a gun are extremely insecure. is that the case here ?

Darlin,

Are you hear to troll or contribute?

I am 100% for ladies being trained with weapons. My wonderful bride of nearly 20 years is such a fine example.

The op is asking for opinions on a couple of weapon systems.

Please be nice or go away.

Now,

German tech or russian modified German tech?

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   

I would go AK47 over the STG any day. Number one you have many flavors of ammo available at a very reasonable cost if you are looking to do a lot of target shooting. Parts kits are still very available in the open market, so upgrade and repairs become easy and affordable. Also there is a much wider variety of aftermarket upgrades available for the AK versus the STG. For example there are several manufacturers that are making current production stocks, fore rail, pistol grips, flash suppressors, etc. As far as I know the STG has very limited if any aftermarket available. All just my personal opinion of course.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Ok people, I have removed all the Off Topic material in the thread.

The Topic of this thread is STG 44 or AK 47. Which is better? anymore off topic posts will result in post ban.

Thank you

Sauron
Super-Moderator

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
My choice between these two for this situaton would definetly be the Kalishnikov. I had one for a period of time and it was very very reliable. As far as German arms go, my Mr. Mauser was als a beast, but for a situation like you describe, the higher rpm count and muzzle velocity would be my choice.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join