It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google begins Amazon river Street View project

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Google is expanding its Street View service into some of the world's most remote places.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f713bb6f9442.jpg[/atsimg]

I can't wait for this feature on google earth! Having a nose about down a street is one thing but being able to go down the Amazon will be quite another!

It will photograph the Amazon and Rio Negro Rivers of northwest Brazil in partnership with charity Foundation for a Sustainable Amazon (FAS). Google will train local people to collect images, and will leave behind equipment so work continues long-term. Pictures will be stitched together so users can explore 360-degree panoramics of the area.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9c63614676f9.jpg[/atsimg]

They will use the street view trike to reach remote areas and a boat to travel along the waterways to enable the full 360 degree street view.

link to full story
edit on 21/8/11 by Versa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
That's pretty damn cool... pity the water is so muddy, it would be sweet to just float about on google street sussing our piranhas and such, haha

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by RenegadeScholar

I'll be having a look about thats for sure
I'm looking forward to the Amazon street view! I can sit at home now and go where I like

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
really thought there would be more interest in this!

I should of probably titled it in a more sensationalist manner

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
seems like a cool idea, but on the other hand, not sure I like hearing google and amazon in the same sentence.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Versa
really thought there would be more interest in this!

I should of probably titled it in a more sensationalist manner

...considering that this is, allegedly, a male-dominated site - if your thread title suggested eye-candy, it wouldve been flooded (by complaints when they realized there was no eye-candy)...

...i just recently got google earth - love it and still learning what all i can do with it... i'm purty dang good at flyin (they make it idiot proof, thank goodness), so i'm all for the new toy... hopefully it'll give better access to more areas than just the amazon that arent clear at ground level...

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wyn Hawks

...considering that this is, allegedly, a male-dominated site - if your thread title suggested eye-candy, it wouldve been flooded (by complaints when they realized there was no eye-candy)...

...i just recently got google earth - love it and still learning what all i can do with it... i'm purty dang good at flyin (they make it idiot proof, thank goodness), so i'm all for the new toy... hopefully it'll give better access to more areas than just the amazon that arent clear at ground level...

rofl
I'll have to remember in future to either put the words Doom or Naked in the title

I love google earth for tagging places of interest and looking at historical sites and their relationship to one another

edit on 21/8/11 by Versa because: spelling

top topics

join