It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS: UFO over Minneapolis

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 09:42 PM
link   
A UFO has been over the Twin Cities in Minnesota for most of the day today and was still there as the sun went down.

wcco.com
There's an unknown object hovering in the sky over the Twin Cities, and it doesn't appear to be a bird or a plane.

Meteorologist Tony Zaleski of the National Weather Service in Chanhassen says the white object appears to be higher than the white, whispy cirrus clouds, which means it's probably higher than 30,000 feet.

Although the object looked like it might be rotating, it doesn't appear to be going anywhere. Zaleski says that probably would rule out a satellite.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I found out about it this evening, and watched it during softball practice.
It is white, looks like a high-flying balloon, but is very very high which implies that it is large.

It moved around slowly in the sky during the time of my observations and was still in the sky as the sun set. Hopefully it will still be there tomorrow.

I took one picture of it but it is not a telephoto so it is not impressive, but better than nothing. The pic has not been edited in any way and is large (1.2MB).

Peace,

~Jammer

Related News Links:
www.bombardiersoftware.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
UFO over Minneapolis right now.

[edit on 8-19-2004 by Valhall]

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I don't know if this is related to the UFO seen here, but in San diego, CA there is a report in the local news and a friend witnessed and photographed a cloud sitting by itself monday and tuesday night. They said this cloud was UFO shaped and lightning was coming from it, no other clouds were around, just blue sky. Residence that saw it tuesday say its the same cloud that was there monday. I have heard stories of UFO's hiding in clouds, thats why I posted this and as soon as my friend gets his film developed I will post the picture.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Some pictures of this WOULD be nice, I mean, throughout all of the twin cities, no one's snapped a shot?

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Can you post a link to the photo please, I'd like to see it if poss...

EDIT---

Just figured out that the bombadiersoftware link is where the picture is hosted - sorry!

[edit on 20-8-2004 by AgentSmith]

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Agentsmith, viendin
the original thread seems to be where most of the comments/pictures are going

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by AgentSmith

It's in the article. www.bombardiersoftware.com...

Took a looong time to open as it's a GIANT BLACK SQUARE.

But there is something spherical in the middle (as well as an odd green pixel down and to the right and a redish pixel in the top right).

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Yeh I didn't get much from that shot either.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANT

Originally posted by AgentSmith

It's in the article. www.bombardiersoftware.com...

Took a looong time to open as it's a GIANT BLACK SQUARE.

But there is something spherical in the middle (as well as an odd green pixel down and to the right and a redish pixel in the top right).

Is that the picture? I really can't see anything then a tiny little pixel??

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 04:30 AM
link   
He did say that it wasn't taken with a telephoto lense or anything.
Like Jammer says though, it is better than nothing and as no-one has been able to contribute anything better we shouldn't complain.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 04:33 AM
link   
I tried searching the net for other news about this, but there's nothing on it.

Any updates?

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 04:35 AM
link   
For those who don't want to download that big file of black - here is the image zoomed in on the anomaly:

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 04:57 AM
link   
It has been there all over the day and that shot is the only thing the people of the Twin Cities accomplished

- I will name it pixel-ufo.

What a news.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 05:05 AM
link   
On page 2 of the discussion thread there is a link to another picture taken thorugh binoculars. It is slightly clearer.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 06:53 AM
link   
when will it be on the news in the uk

i wonder iff its in communacation range ?

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I don't believe it has made it onto national news in the USA - only on the local news in Minneapolis so I doubt it will come on the news here at all.
Unless it's still there this morning that is - then it might become a bigger story.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 08:30 AM
link   
anyone take any pictures?

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by enrage
anyone take any pictures?

as onlyinmydreams already stated, most of the pictures are in the original thread about this.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 08:35 AM
link   
WTF!!!!!!! How can a possible U F'ing O be spotted by several people for most of the day in a major city, AND NO ONE GOT A DECENT PICTURE OF IT!!!!!!! No news team wanted to cover the potential story of the century!!!

I officially hate everyone in Twin Cities!!!

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 09:12 AM
link   
They probably just shrugged it off like they usually do, mpeake. There are people who desperately want to stick with the comfortable everyday grayness of working life...

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
They probably just shrugged it off like they usually do, mpeake. There are people who desperately want to stick with the comfortable everyday grayness of working life...

I guess so. Oh well...maybe it'll be back in 800 yrs or so.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join