It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feeling low , depressed or lacking motivation ? Try this simple experiment ....100% success

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by WeMoveUnseen

It is still an interesting concept to think about...

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by tpg65
We all feel times of sadness , depressed & the lack of motivation , even times of despair , it is completely natural.

Now, what if I was to say to you that with the use of just a little imagination , you need never feel that way again ???

Want to give it a try ?
Ok, here goes .

I want you to imagine that yesterday you were 80 years old . You knew death was imminent . You couldn't move , you could hardly breathe.
You will never again feel the wind on your face , or hear the sound of laughter . Intimacey is long behind you .
You will never again walk barefoot along a sandy beach or feel the grass under your feet.
All you can think of in your dying moments is how dearly you would love to go back and do it all again .

Now take a minute or two to imagine yourself in that situation.......

Now suddenly here you are ....Your wish came true . You are young again . you have been given a second chance ...
Are you going to waste it ????

It's that simple . If you don't believe me , try it for yourself .....It works .
All I ask is that you pass this on to whoever you feel might need it .

This may not work for people with Severe clinical depression ....But you are welcome to try it

Regards .
edit on 29/05/2011 by tpg65 because: (no reason given)

The problem is that not everyone believes the same things you believe. Some people believe that we come back again as a brand new, young person in another life. So maybe death is something to look forward to.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

Thanks, I'll check out the links you posted.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
what i do when i get depressed..

I watch videos of people who have had very bad things happen to them in their life.

Like the video of the guy who got his faced burnt by a power line and had to have a face transplant. he has some problems, that he will never be able to get over

Also read about people with terminal illness or stds, and be thankful you don't have those for life.

look at people who have had life changing accidents that has left them disfigured and with mental disabilities.

I have/had been clinically diagnosed with depression and this has worked. but for all i know my doc could be quack.

these people have true reasons to be depressed and I think how they would love to be in my shoes. if they knew i was depressed they would be baffled or angry because i am depressed.

So instead of feeling sad I think of all of those who are denied having a normal life and I think to myself. You know what, i may think that life is hopeless or crappy or whatever it is that is getting me down, but these people really have it bad. I would be able to do so many things they can't so in their honor i will have a happy attitude that i did not have their misfortune fall on me and I will enjoy all the things they can't do.. not only for me but for them.

this really works when i am down about women or jsut when i question what i am doing with my life or what i have not done. I look at these people and realize they don't even have a choice.. the choice has already been made for them.

also caring for others and not yourself helps.

another method i use is helping other people. I worked on my mothers house, trained my dog, got a stripe in jiujitsu and worked with my dad on missions when I broke up with my 8yr gf. i was depressed and unmotivated because of how i was feeling about myself. I had everything going for me and had an able body but i was focusing too much on myself so i focused on others. seeing them get happy and appreciate my help helped mend me.

doing these things work for me. depression is all about getting over yourself. since our culture focus so much on the ME ME ME it is very hard to break out of depression cuz of it.
edit on 28-9-2011 by yaluk because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join