It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feeling low , depressed or lacking motivation ? Try this simple experiment ....100% success

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I appreciate the message behind the original post and suggest that it does work.

Other things one might try:
Eat well, dont poison yourself .
Get your hands on as many anti-depressant medication as you can and bury them in a hole 6 feet deep where they belong.
Think about and do happy, kind things ( this will help shake any dark things that have latched on to you and are the cause of your predicament)
Dont yell, scream or swear ( its their dinner bell)
Understand that being different is a good thing and this life is only a beginning if you don't sell out and become one of them.
Remember that 5 yr olds can be found rummaging through city garbage dumps in Brazil for survival.

I still cant shake the feeling of how lucky I am when I first saw that famous yet horrible picture of a vulture , sitting there waiting behind a very frail dying African child, all alone in the desert.

Still feeling depressed?
A short intense beating with a broom dipped in excrement would fix that at this point, but that is only my crazy opinion.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by gypsychology909
I appreciate the message behind the original post and suggest that it does work.

Other things one might try:
Eat well, dont poison yourself .
Get your hands on as many anti-depressant medication as you can and bury them in a hole 6 feet deep where they belong.
Think about and do happy, kind things ( this will help shake any dark things that have latched on to you and are the cause of your predicament)
Dont yell, scream or swear ( its their dinner bell)
Understand that being different is a good thing and this life is only a beginning if you don't sell out and become one of them.
Remember that 5 yr olds can be found rummaging through city garbage dumps in Brazil for survival.

I still cant shake the feeling of how lucky I am when I first saw that famous yet horrible picture of a vulture , sitting there waiting behind a very frail dying African child, all alone in the desert.

Still feeling depressed?
A short intense beating with a broom dipped in excrement would fix that at this point, but that is only my crazy opinion.

Star for the African child comment and most other things I agree with.

I only have to say concerning this quote "its their dinner bell".... They?
I firmly believe that some of them are afraid of loud noises. Just my opinion.

...oh and the excrement comment which is just.. uh.. weird.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
If only it was that simple.

I have been taking between 10 and 20 mlgs
of escitalopram for the last 11 years. I really really wish i could stop.
I just feel numb most of the time , mostly emotionless, and my head feels
filled with cotton wool.
I try to stop sometimes but it just ends in withdrawal symptoms ,which i cannot cope with.

Wish i had never taken the bloody things

Rant

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I have to sometimes embed my vibrations into the very walls to implant some of my energy just to be able to tolerate some places.

That is what is wrong with my current place, it is not yet signatured with enough of my echoes. Too many people have worn these walls down prior to me living here. I'm like a trespasser who doesn't want to touch anything. It has all just been touched so much by all sorts of things. These do not feel anything like my germs. My germs are all hiding on the defense and being pale, I find this very frustrating. clearly i am not making enough noise in here.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snoopy1978
I have had this cloud over my head ever since I was a child, as far back as I can remember. Tried your method and it did not work. The only thing that elevates my mood is the rush after working out and that doesn't last that long anyhow. Been on the antidepressant roller coaster and they suck. Generics are poison by the way.

Apologies for the mini rant. Depression is real and some people just can't magically snap out of it out of sheer will, sadly. I wish that was not the case and all humans were chemically balanced perfectly. Saying that chronic depression is not due to a chemical imbalance is like me telling a cancer patient to just walk it off, the pain can't be thaaat bad. Absurd.

For people like you..us...I learned that running everyday actually totally controls depression, even a mile or walk half run half but not missing a day works forever, I figure it increases whatever thing we are missing in the brain, it is a cure but getting started is the hard part, I maintained for years and was perfect but moved to a rainy area and then I got out of my habit of running everyday after work before going home...now i am having trouble getting started again.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by tpg65
We all feel times of sadness , depressed & the lack of motivation , even times of despair , it is completely natural.

Now, what if I was to say to you that with the use of just a little imagination , you need never feel that way again ???

Want to give it a try ?
Ok, here goes .

I want you to imagine that yesterday you were 80 years old . You knew death was imminent . You couldn't move , you could hardly breathe.
You will never again feel the wind on your face , or hear the sound of laughter . Intimacey is long behind you .
You will never again walk barefoot along a sandy beach or feel the grass under your feet.
All you can think of in your dying moments is how dearly you would love to go back and do it all again .

Now take a minute or two to imagine yourself in that situation.......

Now suddenly here you are ....Your wish came true . You are young again . you have been given a second chance ...
Are you going to waste it ????

(uhmmm... reptillians... Richard Hoaglund/Cydonia... torsional physics... "scalar"anything..... )

NOWAY! LOGGING THE HELL OFF ATS NOW! THANKS for the wake up call!

It's that simple . If you don't believe me , try it for yourself .....It works .
All I ask is that you pass this on to whoever you feel might need it .

This may not work for people with Severe clinical depression ....But you are welcome to try it

Regards .
edit on 29/05/2011 by tpg65 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by rigel4

filled with cotton wool.
I try to stop sometimes but it just ends in withdrawal symptoms ,which i cannot cope with.

Rant

that is terrible. I recently had to ween myself down from an SSRI that needs no prescription. I can't mention it though because my posts are being watched and all... but anyway, I felt the need to take it because things have been so rollercoastery and i could not afford to stay upset for very long if something makes me mad because it flares up my sinuses and screws with my blood pressure and appetite and yadda yadda, but people had been doing such a good job being upsetting... I broke down and took something one night and had an interesting experience.
The next few times I took it, it was recreational but only because it had that positive effect... then I was taking some every day until they started making my skin itchy and I started only taking it on the weekends, now only when somebody pisses me off real good.

that's mild to what doctors are penning out... that was maybe one bad month because of pills that you would never think you could even get hooked on, but surprisingly...yes! It's not very bad though because it's very obvious what is happening. That particular thing gets dumb real quick. Fancier meds have more insidious effects because there is such an interest in eliminating or at least hiding side effects to allow long term use. You have no idea until it has you by the balls unless you are lucky enough to quickly start reacting to it.

i feel for you, but right now i am not in much of a position of control about certain dynamics which are difficult and unusual in my life so I have to deal with that and there are emotional consequences and much venting... and the venting will continue.... and perhaps even get louder or more severe.

I'd hate for things to get so dicey and deranged that I wind up pulling a knife on myself because scar cream is expensive.

When it's time for something to fold though... and you know it, it's time for something to fold.

if I was a little bigger perhaps it would be a table over someone head or something but in the mean time, I basically have to internalize a slew of problems that transpire because of this crazy world we live in that rarely serves up any respect or consideration for anyone who cares.

I might go cold turkey though, because they don't get tired and that knife fight might be entertaining.
Scissors can only do so much damage.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
One thing that could cheer any one up is
the first line of my signature.
It's the most uplifting "film on 3 DVD" EVER !

And to get rid of religious guilt,
take a look at the second line.
It answered almost ALL my important questions
about life ! !

Blue skies.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackSatinDancer

Originally posted by rigel4

filled with cotton wool.

Rant

that is terrible. I recently had to ween myself down from an SSRI that needs no prescription. I can't mention it though because my posts are being watched and all... but anyway, I felt the need to take it because things have been so rollercoastery and i could not afford to stay upset for very long if something makes me mad because it flares up my sinuses and screws with my blood pressure and appetite and yadda yadda, but people had been doing such a good job being upsetting... I broke down and took something one night and had an interesting experience.
The next few times I took it, it was recreational but only because it had that positive effect... then I was taking some every day until they started making my skin itchy and I started only taking it on the weekends, now only when somebody pisses me off real good.

that's mild to what doctors are penning out... that was maybe one bad month because of pills that you would never think you could even get hooked on, but surprisingly...yes! It's not very bad though because it's very obvious what is happening. That particular thing gets dumb real quick. Fancier meds have more insidious effects because there is such an interest in eliminating or at least hiding side effects to allow long term use. You have no idea until it has you by the balls unless you are lucky enough to quickly start reacting to it.

i feel for you, but right now i am not in much of a position of control about certain dynamics which are difficult and unusual in my life so I have to deal with that and there are emotional consequences and much venting... and the venting will continue.... and perhaps even get louder or more severe.

I'd hate for things to get so dicey and deranged that I wind up pulling a knife on myself because scar cream is expensive.

When it's time for something to fold though... and you know it, it's time for something to fold.

if I was a little bigger perhaps it would be a table over someone head or something but in the mean time, I basically have to internalize a slew of problems that transpire because of this crazy world we live in that rarely serves up any respect or consideration for anyone who cares.

I might go cold turkey though, because they don't get tired and that knife fight might be entertaining.
Scissors can only do so much damage.

Hope things work out for you man, and me lol

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

not bad

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Bah, i felt just fine before conducting your experiment. Now all i can think off is that i dont want to die!

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Intimacey is long behind you.

At the age of 34, I already have that now. I have a genetic predisposition towards sexual deviancy. My father was a serial adulterer, a paternal uncle is a convicted paedophile, and my youngest brother is serially monogamous. I have also had severe misogynistic indoctrination from my father, and have reason to believe that there would be a genuine risk of my being physically abusive with another female partner.

In order to protect women, I have resolved to spend the rest of my life alone, in relationship terms. It will not be easy; it has not been easy already...but I accept it. I will not allow myself to seriously harm another person, and there is a real risk of me doing that, if I enter another relationship.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

Do you have support ...
It's a lot to handle on your own!

Best of luck to you.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4

Intimacey is long behind you.

At the age of 34, I already have that now. I have a genetic predisposition towards sexual deviancy. My father was a serial adulterer, a paternal uncle is a convicted paedophile, and my youngest brother is serially monogamous. I have also had severe misogynistic indoctrination from my father, and have reason to believe that there would be a genuine risk of my being physically abusive with another female partner.

In order to protect women, I have resolved to spend the rest of my life alone, in relationship terms. It will not be easy; it has not been easy already...but I accept it. I will not allow myself to seriously harm another person, and there is a real risk of me doing that, if I enter another relationship.

That is a huge admission, even for a screen name on a forum. It seems like you are trying to understand your problem very well or that you are at a very promising place of resolve right now. I'm glad these are your own choices because sometimes the cure can be the poison, thus feeding the beast and killing the innocent one who does deserve love. I hope you can be strong enough to see it through. I wish everyone in here luck with these things... all jokes aside.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
That doesn't really work for me.
I'm not depressed but I'm sorta looking forward to dying. I think it will be better than being young again.

What works for me is getting up and doing SOMETHING. Anything. If I am not motivated, I simply have to forget I am not motivated and do something.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
That doesn't really work for me.
I'm not depressed but I'm sorta looking forward to dying. I think it will be better than being young again.

What works for me is getting up and doing SOMETHING. Anything. If I am not motivated, I simply have to forget I am not motivated and do something.

If I don't want to clean up and I get up and start anyway, I will sometimes get into that groove of being motivated. lately though that is not going to work because I am easily sidetracked by very frustrating issues and just wind up mentally trying to sort out a bunch of stuff people do that doesn't make sense. And then lately I have been ill for a couple of different reasons that I am dealing with so I am not so much not motivated right now as I am saving up some energy and trying to sort a few things out for some mental temporary complacency. I point this out because I have found out that in my life there are good times to push one's self and there are BAD times to push one's self. I know how to push myself. I just have to make sure I don't push myself over an edge, because i have nearly done that with only good intentions.

Take care of yourself and don't feel obliged to do this when you are sick.
If anyone would frown upon you for not always kicking yourself into gear, it would be a shame.
right now i am being so lazy, but no one is going to make me budge until I decide otherwise.
i have decided to be stubborn trying to drive home points lately.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Simply put, the basis for depression is fear. Remove that fear, then the depression leaves.

Attitude is everything. If you allow yourself to begin a slide into depression, you will get deeper.

If you are at the beginning stages, consider love. Love others, find love for your life, and find the love of God.

Perfect love casteth out fear. Find perfect love, relieve your fear, and find the peace you deserve to make a happier life for yourself.

Chemical treatments will treat the symptoms, but the underlying causes will remain and fester.

Reach outside your box. Volunteer. Help your community. Your depression will leave when you get a life.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Nice thread and good general advice from the OP and from many others.

I joke about wanting my tombstone to be engraved with the words, "Thank God that's over!" And I joke about it because it is that or scream.

I have not had a life which would be considered "enjoyable" by anyone I know. But I have known true love, I have seen heroic deeds (maybe even done a few), read great books, saved a life (or three), been on great adventures, encountered what must be miracles, been in the presence of God, seen some of the most beautiful sights known to man, and much more. Those are great reasons to live-- once.

But because of those great things as well as the tragedy and pain which has almost always been near and present, I also know that this life is not all. No fear of death, and nothing lost which shall not be regained-- that kind of makes this life a bit more meaningful. Funny, I speak of not fearing death, but when the bullets fly, I duck!

Yet, when I death finally finds me, it won't be tragic, or even a loss-- it will be relief and the start of my long over-due bliss with an even greater purpose, greater challenge, and with hearts which neither break those of others nor can be broken themselves.

I read with interest looking for insight many of the threads of ATS. I see how so many are actually hoping for a catastrophic and quick end to life as we know it. I get that. I usually disagree with the imminent doom theories, but I do understand the attraction of them. I share a disdain of the status quo, and hope that I share it with those others because we have seen and lived similarly.

All the pain, and so few who care-- not as long as they have their iPhones and retirement funds, the pain of others means nothing. But to some of us, it points to something else which most miss. And so the advice is good for most, give that status quo life another shot while you can; but for those of us who know it is holds no answers-- there is more.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jim Scott
Simply put, the basis for depression is fear. Remove that fear, then the depression leaves.

Attitude is everything. If you allow yourself to begin a slide into depression, you will get deeper.

If you are at the beginning stages, consider love. Love others, find love for your life, and find the love of God.

Perfect love casteth out fear. Find perfect love, relieve your fear, and find the peace you deserve to make a happier life for yourself.

Chemical treatments will treat the symptoms, but the underlying causes will remain and fester.

Reach outside your box. Volunteer. Help your community. Your depression will leave when you get a life.

Good post. I agree with most of it especially the part about love. Some will try to avoid love because they feel love has hurt them but love has left them and they must have love.

I think the getting a life part is actually a big part of people's problems as well as the solution. Some people are so scared they will die alone and unappreciated and they know this so they go out searching for relations of any kind... and sometimes that winds up being completely disastrous!... but in general it is a very effective procreation system. A lot of my problems were resolved by elimination of the urge to be social. I know how to be polite and enjoy the company of a few people very much and do like to interact but public really sucks for me. I have been followed, I have become easily agitated by people who don't take certain situations serious enough and the people i meet who i like, I have no real reason to become involved in their life. I should do volunteer work, but for works sakes but these things always get so weird and people get strange quick to me. I do not go out to do social things unless i have a direct reason and so i know if people are interested in me it's because they want something and usually it's something i don't want to give them.

recently I went out to try to engage in some social behavior because of one guy whose friend I don't think I would get along with and a girl I used to talk to online but she is nowhere to be seen and i'm not even kidding and I don't want to give him the wrong impression, but I'm sure I did. I just like watching other people interact when I cannot interact with who I want to interact with and I do like interacting with people but only on a friendly level. Other things are reserved. they have not always been, but in those times I was sending totally different signals and doing different things, but back to the issue of the people. I guess it's was just way too complicated to talk about to anyone so these little things seldom transpire. It's fun when they do though. NO... NOT A 3-WAY. It's so hard to explain. she likes to smoke i think, drink.. I think he likes to smoke and she is nice but so misunderstood and was identifying with me at a time and we talked about guys... and the guy seems like such a nice guy, just a really good guy. i don't know maybe he was a complete Dbag but anyway I just wondered what she would think about a really nice, nice guy... one who seems shy but decent and organized and all soft inside... i dunno, maybe i'm wrong about him and maybe she would not even be interested in him, or hanging out with me for a short while just to be social or whatever because I have only talked to the dude around town so it's not like he would even be expecting anything! but who knows what she is doing or hauled off and already done some crazy thing or whatever... i don't know. perhaps i should leave that alone because i cause something terrible to happen. I feel I have already done that just by asking a couple of questions that were very slightly... random?

and then there is this other chick i thought wanted to fight me... or just act like she did by some things that happened but apparently she has a weird job or something and her father is a madman who she dearly loves and thus has caught his insanity, which he is very good at illustrating I must say. I thought I saw her and if I had thought about it... I would have totally tried to make her paranoid... well, after what happened last weekend, which would have been fun because apparently she is a very strange chick who has her ways and talents and is just kinda careless when she is playing with fire, but people like her are interesting to me when i see they are weird with their angles and i think she was right there! I could have messed with her and she might have even thought it was funny. It was like these golden opportunities were jumping out at me. Before last weekend I probably would have freaked out and went all pathological myself after realizing that i had seen her because it would have been totally different. I have to sympathize with someone who has been sent on a very unusual mission so anytime she wants to get scrappy I'll be sure to slip some gloves on.

... but, none of these potentially fun things happened so I guess I should go back to one of my projects... yippee.

It's funny because although none of this sounds in any way out of the ordinary, some people that I know would never believe any of this happened although it did. My social life is just really weird but it has been that way for a long time. I have a lot of friends and not just these weird random almost friend situations but I don't hang out with them because they have one of those lives you were talking about... most of them are older. It's not that it's not fun to be around them, it's just very awkward when you feel something is missing.

... but you have to have compelling interactions in life that keep you inspired. Most people are out seeking companionship or business partnerships or have some clear cut agenda they want to pursue if it's making other people watch them shake their ass. I personally do not feel like doing such things and it is because i know it will produce no truly engaging relationships.

I have goals and things that make me feel good but they seem to be nothing like anyone else I know around here. I am usually a very happy person who does not suffer from depression or illness, but I do get down and I do get sick and it does get dysfunctional and I know why and I know how to solve it. I know and believe that now and the problem is convincing everyone else.

You are right about much love being a cure-all. Not just in loving people but putting love into their actions. I am constantly hearing about the gravity of open negativity and how it should be avoided, even if it is a reaction to some other negative thing since energy travels around like that but I wonder how many people realize that their actions are really just a vacuum for love that will only generate negative responses. So much of that goes on all the time completely unnoticed. That's a very deep and complicated issue for me that I have trouble making others understand. I see others dealing with it and cannot find the words to express it and when they try I often see that it's so hard for them as well so most just numb themselves to all the little things that they feel has just gone so wrong... but they can't describe at all or wonder if they even have a right to complain about for that matter.

The saying "i don't believe in love" I believe for so many is true and many of them will even try to deny it but deep inside they wonder if love is not just shifting associations of life... even when they have the love of others, like family. the do not feel the deeper spiritual connection behind it all... behind anything and it is very depressing.

I believe in love, but I also know that life is tragic, love can be so so tragic.

I have no patience for people who mess with me to sum it up.
That patience will not grow when I am deliberately trying to make the learning period shorter for the curious.
My worst flaw because bad days happen. I lose my patience. I have plenty of good days to make up for it many times over.

I think I should get out of this thread because it is giving me narcissism.

edit on 21-8-2011 by BlackSatinDancer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Wat if you Are Old? do you just give up?
good post any way.
People are the main reson for it.
so get away from all contact with people for two days.
No new or TV radio. no books. nothing about people.
see if that helps. becouse they are what makes you unhappy.
one way or another.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join