It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feeling low , depressed or lacking motivation ? Try this simple experiment ....100% success

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+45 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
We all feel times of sadness , depressed & the lack of motivation , even times of despair , it is completely natural.

Now, what if I was to say to you that with the use of just a little imagination , you need never feel that way again ???

Want to give it a try ?
Ok, here goes .

I want you to imagine that yesterday you were 80 years old . You knew death was imminent . You couldn't move , you could hardly breathe.
You will never again feel the wind on your face , or hear the sound of laughter . Intimacey is long behind you .
You will never again walk barefoot along a sandy beach or feel the grass under your feet.
All you can think of in your dying moments is how dearly you would love to go back and do it all again .

Now take a minute or two to imagine yourself in that situation.......

Now suddenly here you are ....Your wish came true . You are young again . you have been given a second chance ...
Are you going to waste it ????

It's that simple . If you don't believe me , try it for yourself .....It works .
All I ask is that you pass this on to whoever you feel might need it .

This may not work for people with Severe clinical depression ....But you are welcome to try it

Regards .
edit on 29/05/2011 by tpg65 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by tpg65

Agreed.
Alan Watts says something like this.
youtu.be...

Enjoy.

+38 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by tpg65

Treating severe depression really isn't that simple.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Double Post

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by WeMoveUnseen

Who mentioned severe depression ?

I'm just putting it out there . Let the people who want to try it , draw their own conclusions

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by WeMoveUnseen

i just posted a post about antidepressants. Can you share your thoughts please? I want to hear your story

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Ariele

Hi Ariele .
I have no experience of antidepressants , so I can't really see what I could contribute

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I have melancholic depression, I wish it was that easy for me. I have a mental problem.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Heartisblack

Are you willing to give it go ?
If so , post your result for all to see

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Bloody hell, everyone seems to have some form of mental illness these days.

(Every man and his dog I probably should have said. Im pretty sure people are pumping there animals full of anti depressants also. )
edit on 21-8-2011 by homeslice because: animals are people too?

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   

If you feel that you have a mental condition then inquire into the nature of mind.
And find out what you really are.
youtu.be...
edit on 21-8-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Ariele

This is a little video about the root of depression:
youtu.be...

link   
Stuff like this is actually very usefull to most people as attitude is everything - really it is the only thing you do have!

The mind is jst like a garden - it grows what you plant there and you need to prune and weed it out!

Feel like your life is crap - find something to be gratefull for!

link   
Stuff like this is actually very usefull to most people as attitude is everything - really it is the only thing you do have!

The mind is jst like a garden - it grows what you plant there and you need to prune and weed it out!

Feel like your life is crap - find something to be gratefull for!

link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
reply to post by tpg65

Agreed.
Alan Watts says something like this.
youtu.be...

Enjoy.

Excellent vid . Thank you for sharing .
I will be watching more from this guy

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Trying to adopt a positive mental attitude and visiting ATS are two mutually exclusive things. The reality of the world is depressing. The role of the modern day Cassandra with its combination of understanding and powerlessness is not a happy one.

For happiness you need to disconnect from here first. Go out, buy an IPad, some anti-depressants and a self help book on credit. Watch some reality TV.

Be happy in no time.

:-)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Ever since I've been taking 5000 iu of D3 per day, I've felt much happier.
Although I do get in the sun often, I have an olive complexion and have always suffered from seasonal depression during the colder months.
It took about two months for the D3 to level me out, but since then, I've experienced a better well-being. Sure, I still have my sad days, but now I notice that there is something to be sad about on these days rather than when I was sad for no reason, which would last for a few days.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Hey "heartisblack". I am sorry to hear that. I know one thing for sure - NO PERSON is born with a depression. Try to find and recognize the reason why it started and when. Don't try to solve it in your head. Write it down. Once you know where does this come from, you might will be able to solve it.
Associate with people that make you happy, and not with those who bring you down.
You are precious, don't give up!

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by tpg65

Your heart is in the right place and that is good general advice for people when they are feeling down about things. (Unfortunately, it's not that simple when you have a chemical imbalance or suffer clinical/severe depression.) But a positive attitude cannot hurt and therefore I leave the following quote for those feeling down about life:
"Forget about what you don't have or didn't get and be thankful for what you do have, because it is only when you lose what you have that you realise how much it truly meant." (Forgot who said it.)
edit on 21/8/2011 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
reply to post by tpg65

Your heart is in the right place and that is good general advice for people when they are feeling down about things. (Unfortunately, it's not that simple when you have a chemical imbalance or suffer cynical/severe depression.) But a positive attitude cannot hurt and therefore I leave the following quote for those feeling down about life:
"Forget about what you don't have or didn't get and be thankful for what you do have, because it is only when you lose what you have that you realise how much it truly meant." (Forgot who said it.)
edit on 21/8/2011 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

Excellent quote.
In no way would say that this is a cure all and no way would I proffess to be able to cure clinical depression .

Still I am inviting everybody to try it .

Regards

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join