It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New zealands dark secrets

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
What do you guys think about that?
www.timesonline.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Ariele

Surprised there is still many people left in NZ to cause a rukus as most of them have jumped the Tasman to Australia's (and in particular Queensland) generous welfare handouts, so I understand

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Ariele

Racist and can't understand that a monetary system is the cause...

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ariele
What do you guys think about that?
www.timesonline.co.uk...

more importantly... what do you think about it?

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
They should just sod off to Australia...that's what I would do lol. Let the rich have New Zealand, move to Australia where you can get a job and a proper life.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

we here don't hear much about NZ and it's settlers. This story is sad, and you can see the one point of view of it. I was hoping that someone from NZ would like to share their thoughts about it, or whoever lived there. I was always thinking of NZ as a paradise kind of land.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
this while true has a very real bias,
we in new zealand accept all pacific nations and customs,
except violence,
we do have an unaceptable level of violence,
greedy banking cartels have made us poor and this does not help with the violence

xploder

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

Thank you for sharing

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
lol u only posted this on new zealand because the mod "alien" is from there / he removed ur thread earlier!
dont hate on nz cause 1 bad apple.

some of these mods r prob 18 year olds with 2 much time on there hand / like the hall monitor in school who would rat u out 4 running in the hall! only here we cant give him a atomic wedgie!

or the dude that got picked on in school that become cops!

u get my drift?

ohh there goes some more points!!!

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I do agree, we have a very serious violence problem in new zealand especially towards children. Everyone does just seem to just turn a blind eye in a way. In my opinion no real serious actions have been taken to help curb this either.

But as for that article - It did highlight some serious issues here in NZ but made some very strong generalizations and it is that kind of talk that does not help the racial issues we have here.

As for the whole "big tourist city" and small HOON town comment - that is bullsh*t. Yes there are some small towns that are quite bad - but in general most people from these towns are probably friendlier than any bloody aucklander.

And HOON? Ha, where the hell did he get this term from?

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by therealcatman

you are funny

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   

BTW i don't know where is he/she from, but i think he is muslim

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
fyi

u can be as racist as u like on this site but u cant mention how u prefer 2 blaze rather that booze it up!

ohhh there goes more points!!!!

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   

I know wich one I prefer...

I dont like hangovers.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
if ur askn me if im muslim? no i aint.

born in the us livn in canada.

wild wild west baby!

on a more serious note:

Who puts on aliens big boy pants???!!!

shat more damn points!!

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
As a Kiwi, this comes as no surprise to me...

"But, more importantly, discussing these problems makes New Zealanders feel queasy because it inevitably draws you into race issues. Not all hoons are Maori, and not all Maori are hoons. Far from it. But there is a correlation. Consider just these facts. Maori are 15 per cent of the population, but 50 per cent of the prison population. Forty per cent of Maori children grow up in fatherless homes, compared with 17 per cent of whites. A third of Maori boys leave school with no qualification, compared with 13 per cent of white boys. The child murder rate is 1.5 per 100,000 among Maori, compared with 0.7 among whites. Maori life expectancy is seven years less than that of whites."

I think the problems are isolated more so in our big cities, Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch and outside of those areas you'll meet really good kind hearted, easygoing people.

Although the Maori are purportedly one of the most well treated among ethnic tribes of the world who have been colonized, they haven't coped well and seem to carry a chip on their shoulders, which I sympathise with but unfortunately it seems to manifest as violence, that coupled with the fact we have alot of other pacific island people coming here integrating into the society and adding to the mix seems to cause a certain insult to their injury.

In saying that, violence is no excuse but as a young nation (200 years) we are all still learning how to get along and work together.
As many of you know rugby is the nations main sport and is a very physical game with lots of body contact and IMO ferments alot of agression and competativness amongst the different sides and a big part of that rugby culture is drinking and therein lies alot of the problem.

Just my 2 cents worth.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Ariele

nwopodcast.com...

nwopodcast.com... 2nd hour

www.nwopodcast.com...

Listen to NZs Greg Hallett expose the dark forces behind the rotting and rotten state.
Shocking and Shameful stuff.
Monarchy Mafia. Rampant Top Level Paedophelia and Drug Running. Induced Earthquakes.
The Contrived Destruction of NZ. Corruption upon Curruption upon Corruption.
Queen Elizabeth2 and Prince Philip are the Top Tier Despicables.
Welcome to the Real World.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   

maybe baby It don't matter in the end.
I just wish that we were able to discuss important issues on this web, the one's that are being 'silenced", you know what i mean? I really thought this is THE PLACE where everyone can share their honest opinions about everything. But i was wrong. Most of my posts are being imediately removed. Oh well

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
join the club!

half my bloody posts on here get removed!

gonna go blaze now cya later!

more points!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
fyi

i responded 2 ur message

top topics

<<   2 >>

join