It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ajanta Caves

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by EartOccupant

I visited the caves while backpacking a decade ago.

It is indeed a breathtaking achievement, particularly, as has been pointed out, the the temple adjacent to the caves is carved out of the hillside itself. There's a huge square quarry taken out of the hill, in the centre of which stands the elaborately carved temple.

I believe it took hundreds of years to complete - many generations carrying on their ancesters carving. Unbelievable commitment...

The fact that one of the legions of wild monkeys leapt on me, after my banana, and suck it's teeth and claws into my leg has not tarnished the memory

Although the effects of the rabies shots i had to seek out did tarnish my under ware

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Yes those lines. Who knows how many similar rock-paintings are around a globe under vegetation and soil. Especially in India with their vimaanas etc.
edit on 21/8/2011 by PapagiorgioCZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Great thread!! The Ajanta caves were part of History Channel's Ancient Aliens episode "Aliens and Sacred Places":

There's no technology on Earth, capable to cave these high detailed giant temples out of entire mountains, with surgical precision. Most of them were carved from a single piece of rock. Exactly the same style of Abu Simbel temples.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by 1AnunnakiBastard

Yep, thats what got me started, i did see the straight lines on the hills above the rocks in that footage and wondered if the belonged to the complex, ( I always look for little details around the main subject, story of my life ;-)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I like the combover of the indian guy in the last video.
2nd

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by EartOccupant

Yep, thats what got me started, i did see the straight lines on the hills above the rocks in that footage and wondered if the belonged to the complex, ( I always look for little details around the main subject, story of my life ;-)

Check out the pics of this website:

www.shunya.net...

By the style of the inner chambers and luxury ballrooms, the complex of Ajanta caves looks like a gigantic mansion carved out of that mountain. One of the chambers is named "Miracle of Saraswati". The "goddess of knowledge and life" Saraswati of Hindu cosmogony. She fits in the Sumerian depictions of the Anunnaki goddess NINHURSAG "Lady of the Mountain". Her image is also carved in the giant temple of Hathor, in Abu Simbel.
edit on 8/21/2011 by 1AnunnakiBastard because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Great pics indeed.

And yes, things look related in first hand. Somehow stone working technology did spread around the world those days.

Whatever the real story is, it ain't just a caveman woke up someday on every continent and decided to spend some spare time cutting a few stones.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Appreciate your post. That place looks amazing. I would love to see it in person. The Indian people are very intelligent. They also have great food. To have created such a place like that so long ago, all I can say is wow. Must have taken them a century to carve. ~SheopleNation

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

As far as I can tell, previous advanced beings used sound technology for everything and the they used the earth to form structures because they would be the strongest.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Pressurized water and sound waves are two alternatives to lazers, there have been threads on ATS about chemicals from plants that soften stone...both in South America and in Africa.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl

I don't get why this is so hard to understand.

Saying its paranormal is lazy, i.e. ALIENS

Humanity is roughly 250,000 years old, that is the current version.

Ancient man had the same intelligence as we do (not knowledge or education but brain power)

It took modern civilization 12,000 years to rise give or take a few thousand years.

IN the past 200 we have seen HUGE leaps in tech.

12,000 is a drop in the bucket compared to 250,000, there is no reason what so ever that civilizations could of advanced to a level near if not equal ours.

In 10,000 years what will remain of our super advance civilization we have now? would we just have a few stone structures, with anomalous radiation in weird places from all our pollution...

Recently, I said this in another thread - plz continue to read after this, the point we disagree on (and it shows that we clearly agree, here)

Originally posted by SquirrelNutz
Furthermore (addendum to post, immediately above), think about our own 'evolution' as a civilization, 'this time around' - let's assume for a moment, that we have, as a civilization, only been on this planet 6,000 yrs (if you want to go longer, it only supports my argument, further)...

Over 95% of all technological advancements have occurred in less then 5% of our existence on this planet - less than a mere 200 years ago, we had only 'evolved' roughly 3.5% of where we've come, now. That is to say, we were much, much closer to our 'caveman ancestors' (or, survivors of the last cataclysm - see recent highly rated 'Caveman' thread) just 200 years ago, than we are, today - so, why would this notion seem 'farfetched' to anyone, is beyond me.

Having said all of that, I do not think it is 'lazy' to say 'aliens' - but when I say 'aliens' I do not mean in the LGM fashion, rather our ancestors who developed differently scientifically than we did, this time around**.

That is to say, I think it things like the Great Pyramid of Giza are perfect example of anomalies that can easiest be explained away by past iterations of ourselves, being more advanced, technologically - in certain areas - than we are today.

Yes, I've seen Slayer's How the Pyramids Were Built thread. It was another fantastic job (structurally and argumentatively) - as all of his threads are. I respect this guy's input, immensely, I just happen to disagree with him completely on this matter haha
(pretty sure I even commented (positively/agreeing) in another one of his threads today, come to think of it)

**and, when you begin to understand that truth, you ultimately have to come to the subsequent conclusion that life on this planet began by a visitation from a civilization FAR more advanced than where we have currently gotten ourselves, today - whether you are god or an alien, they had an understanding of genetics far greater than we do to this point [insert chimara (and, mythology) thread notes here
] - I am complete atheist (and, converted evolutionists (yes, I am aware of punctuated equilibrium, and I do not subscribe to that theory either, explaining away some remarkable gaps in our development) - but, this is material for another thread.

edit on 8/21/2011 by SquirrelNutz because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/21/2011 by SquirrelNutz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

I felt exactly the same when i just watched this.
The waterfall looked beautiful.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

reply to post by karen61057

Well it would come in handy, and if you have it, bring it!

But i refuse to acknowledge you need papers to have a good adventure

You have better adventures when you have knowledge -- then you know what's anomalous and what itsn't. I've had more adventures after getting that last degree (plus they let you into places usually off limits to the public!)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Hi All, as i did see a program about the Ajanta Caves (India) i could not help noticing some real straight lines above the caves in the landscape.

Beautiful stuff!

I looked around a little and could not find any more information about the surroundings of the cave. Anyone know if they did a survey off the surroundings as well?

Yes, when you have a site like that the whole area is surveyed.

That's limestone-- you can see the bed layering (which is why they carved in some of the sandstone and not in other areas.) The sloping hillsides are typical. Just drive the road between Big Spring, Texas and San Angelo, Texas (I'm not being facetious, here) and you will see endless miles of them formed from the Edwards limestone and softer underlying limestones. I'm sure there's other areas of the world where people can point to these... that just happens to be a route I've driven many hundreds of times.

What you'll also find is that they only look "pyramidal" from one angle.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
thats pretty cool

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl

I don't get why this is so hard to understand.

Saying its paranormal is lazy, i.e. ALIENS

Humanity is roughly 250,000 years old, that is the current version.

Ancient man had the same intelligence as we do (not knowledge or education but brain power)

It took modern civilization 12,000 years to rise give or take a few thousand years.

IN the past 200 we have seen HUGE leaps in tech.

12,000 is a drop in the bucket compared to 250,000, there is no reason what so ever that civilizations could of advanced to a level near if not equal ours.

In 10,000 years what will remain of our super advance civilization we have now? would we just have a few stone structures, with anomalous radiation in weird places from all our pollution...

nobody thinks what you just said is hard to understand. what you just said makes the most perfect logical sense. the only reason that logic alone doesn't explain all these strange things is the utter lack of hard evidence that they accomplished any of them on their own. most civilizations were very vocal about their day to day life, and nobody mentions all the tools they used, build, and the people that used them, the materials to build them, how ot build them, or how to use them, and there are certainly no tools left behind. i know what you're saying, you're trying to say nobody here is using their brain and looking at the obvious, when the obvious thing really is that WHERE on earth are all the things and procedures and equipment and rituals and accounts of all of this happening?

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Allow me to share a couple of photo's - taken by myself in 2005.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/af3f59b3058d.jpg[/atsimg]

and

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f503982e045d.jpg[/atsimg]

It was a fascinating place to visit, a short drive from Aurangabad. Sadly we hadn't packed enough water - so we couldn't explore for too long, although it was quite impressive to stand and walk amongst the ancient stone carvings.

Anyone visiting India should visit this place... and also Hampi too - plenty of amazing ruins there too.

Although I hasten to add - THE most amazing place I ever saw in India was this temple (in the link) - which was hand carved by Jain monks.

www.mountabu.com...

Possibly the most beautiful building I have ever had the fortune to observe.

edit on 21-8-2011 by mr-lizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by shagreen heart

Please see my post above yours - I think we agree here.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
That is a really beautiful site thank you for posting it, something reminds me of it though. Looks a lot like a more elaborate carving of the Ethiopian rock churches in Lalibela. An interesting bit of info about Lalibela locals say "angels" helped build them. I wonder if a similar story surrounds these structures as well?

Dah beat to the question oh well the question still remains.
edit on 8/21/1111 by Golithion because: I can't read sorry.

Here is a link talking about it and some of the legend as well just for reference to the question: www.ethiopiatravel.com...
edit on 8/21/1111 by Golithion because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by SquirrelNutz
reply to post by shagreen heart

Please see my post above yours - I think we agree here.

ah, touche. sorry, i saw the thread was fresh and had to jump on that guy's post asap before my point loses its poignancy in the audience's attention span (no offense audience. i know it sucks when most of the posts are trivial infighting).

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join