It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Caught on Tape: Bank of America's Director of Public Policy Tells Rick Perry "We'll Help You Out

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Caught on Tape: Bank of America's Director of Public Policy Tells Rick Perry "We'll Help You Out"

www.truth-out.org

A top Bank of America executive was caught on camera yesterday whispering to Gov. Rick Perry (R-TX), “Bank of America. We’ll help you out,” as the GOP presidential candidate attended New Hampshire’s Politics and Eggs breakfast. The executive has been identified by the financial website Zero Hedge as James Mahoney, Director of Public Policy for the bank. Mahoney is on the board of directors for the New England Council, the sponsors of the Politics and Eggs breakfast.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   

But far from being just a regional banker, Mahoney is a key national executive. In a statementabout the incident, bank spokesman Lawrence Di Rita told Politico the only “help” Mahoney was offering was nonpartisan policy expertise. Di Rita said Mahoney does policy and not lobbying for the bank. This unsolicited reassurance from a top Bank of America emissary comes just days after Perry appeared to publicly threaten the chairman of the Federal Reserve, Ben Bernanke.

Wait.

What?!!!

Good deities I hope this hits MSM. I wonder if he's got any former employees sitting on Issa's committee too?

Uggghh. Guys and gals, these people are simply unconcerned with anything the public has to say. They live in a different world. Truly above the law.

Just another pre-breakfast diet strategy -- if this doesn't kill your appetite, I don't know what will...

Bank of America has been in a world of financial trouble recently, with its stock down more than 50 percent since January, as it faces a growing wave of mortgage litigation. In recent weeks it has been engaged “in the corporate version of a yard sale.” The bank announced today that it will be cutting at least 10,000 jobs, laying off 3,500 workers this quarter alone.

So, is it MSM spin that BofA's coming job cuts and their "lawsuits" for corruption are prominent? From glancing at MSM stories about BofA, I was under the impression that they are in sticky slimy and highly stinky doo-doo.

Guess they're not all that worried about it. Still gonna put their man in the POTUS throne.

Gulp.

www.truth-out.org (visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Alex Jones was talking about this on Friday's radio show and I didn't believe it at first. Then he played the actual clip of it (since it was captured on audio).

Just, wow!

Supposedly the Bank of America person saying this is an upper echelon exec in Bank of America too. Not exactly sure who. Alex Jones said he's working on finding the name of the guy. He may have said who it was toward the end of Friday's show but I only listened to the first 2 hours.

Alex Jones also talked about some personal things that have happened to him in Austin involving Rick Perry. Very bizarre stuff, indeed! Rick Perry seems to be paranoid in a certain regard.

AJ talks about some things that happened to him when Rick Perry approached him and his family having dinner in Austin at a Mexican restaurant, among other things.

Apparently, there have been allegations of Rick Perry's "sexual" escapades but noone knows for sure since a local news story said it was all false and just "rumors". Some, or all, of those possibly involve men, but that hasn't been confirmed by anyone publicly either, so until then it's just hearsay. But still very strange.

The show gets into a little more detail on all of this. But it doesn't necessarily give you a warm fuzzy feeling about Rick Perry.

And some people wonder why folks like AJ are paranoid. This is why...

I wouldn't be surprised if some anonymous person came forward claiming to have sexual relations with Rick Perry only to re-neg at the last second and give Rick Perry a PR boost for the 2012 election, just like AJ talked about in the show. If someone came forward and then said it was all made up, of coarse people would sympathize with Rick Perry. But the whole thing could easily be engineered by the Rick Perry camp to boost his own public support.

OR the person might simply disappear. You never know.

-ChriS
edit on 21-8-2011 by BlasteR because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I can't get to excited about this, and trust me, I don't like Perry. Corporations help out candidates on both sides. Joe Executive proclaims to fellow VPs that he donated to candidate X, and then they do the same. What a coinkidink!

Just wait until it is convention time. All these corps will donate to them on both sides. Perfectly legal.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
So banks that "help you out" want NOTHING in return? Yeah, that's believable. Help out how, and why I ask?
Kind of says it all I think, even if he was talking to the bathroom attendant, I'd flag this as suspicious practices worth further investigation.

Of course we all know the real story, so why bother.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Politics and Eggs???? That sounds..... like a horrible combination. Maybe Politics and Highballs. Or Politics and Hungry Man TV Dinners. Don't ever mix breakfast and politics.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   

How funny! B of A is still largely owned by Barack Obama, as are AIG, CITI and GM. If even these beholden officials see hope in Perry, that says much more than any negative implications we could draw from some whispered campaign talk.
When we see or hear executives from the UAW, SEIU and AFSCME offering clandestine support, we'll know the worm has really turned.

I can't wait to see how long it takes the other rats to jump from the sinking USS Barack H. Obama.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

actually the government sold their share of GM stock at a loss of billions to china not too long ago. i'm not sure of the others, but i remember GM.

of course the bank of america isn't offering to fund perry in return for a bail out of it's failing stocks

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
The nightly news gets it's "news" usually from a few phone calls. Then it's broadcast on the TV. Then it's accepted as facts. Not that hard to do, all you need is a last name like Murdoch or something with a last name of a specific nationality I won't particularly mention here, but it's often referred to in Comedy Roasts, and SNL skits, because they kind of own everything and all.

It doesn't take 1000s of people to conform to a controlled media conspiracy, it takes maybe 5 people from the top total.
edit on 21-8-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Uhh, you know that clip there...

Around these parts, when we think your full of bull.. or when we dont really wanna talk to you,
we don't give you much attention, we keep walking.

I didn't see a smile, I didn't see any communication outside of the Governor replying with "Sure" and went on about his business. I may be wrong here but it looked like he blew the guy off with a side of yea right.
which would suck for the theory there but you know.. you guys may be right. It could have been one of those things where its like, not here you idiot.

Time will tell however, like it always does.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
The banks know Ron Paul is a huge threat, they probably thought rick perry has a better chance so they wanted to bet on him. So glad this was given some light before it did some serious damage.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Nephalim

You make a very valid point -- they didn't sneak out to the alley and exchange a manila envelope or anything...but it was a room full of people, and it "appears" that Mahoney is muttering it out of earshot to anyone else. Then he walks away and nods to someone else like....
"What. I didn't say anything..."

And I realize he is the "public policy" guy for BofA, and that naturally the banks are going to back a candidate who wants less regulation. But....as "public policy" guy, he has not done such a great job of protecting the .... um...public. No. BofA is beling sued for malfeasance to the tune of $8.5 BILLion . And laying off ...um...the public. ... to the tune of 10,000 people. And razing homes -- as in, demolishing -- that they have foreclosed on, and in many cases illegally. They are scum-sucking pariahs.

(And...I was just trying to find the remark I read very recently that some CEO-type suit made about the layoffs: (I think, but am not 100% sure it was BofA) to the effect of:
"The dollars are what is important. We don't care about the heads." Crap, I can't find it now...)

So, no matter what, he's not the guy I'd want whispering into the president's ear. People who think the almighty PROFIT is more important than JOBS are what make me sick. If these aresholes weren't so freaking greedy and worried about the "shareholders" being upset, we might have fewer unemployed .....

ghaaaa..
i'm going back outside to continue reading some more of The Tibetan Book of the Dead. It makes me feel better to know when these monstrosities die they will suffer the karmic consequences of their materialistic psychopathy.

edit on 21-8-2011 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

Oh, PLUS, there was a list the other day of the status of all 50 states of the "union" in terms of education.
Guess which state was DEAD LAST.

Notwithstanding Ron Paul's integrity.......it is TEXAS.

edit on 21-8-2011 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

I dont believe this. If it were true it would be all over TV, news papers, the web and obammma whould have had a bill-board installed at the whitehouse

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by gtrayler

What part do you not believe?
And why on EARTH would the MSM publicize it? They are subsidized hook/line/sinker by the PTB.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
With Perry's past record this is no surprise. BOA knows if they donate to his "campaign" then if he gets into office they can have what they want. Out of all the candidates running for the GOP Perry is the best money can buy.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   

That guy blows at being incognito

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Oh, PLUS, there was a list the other day of the status of all 50 states of the "union" in terms of education. Guess which state was DEAD LAST. Notwithstanding Ron Paul's integrity.......it is TEXAS.

I don't doubt it, I'm not offended and I'm not surprised. I'm sure if you looked hard enough you could find shortcomings in several other areas as well. Crime, poverty/welfare/standard of living, overcrowded prisons/prion violence, jobs, water quality/shortages, racism/immigration, a general lack of innovation, generally sh**** attitudes.. I'll even throw a personal out there. I really suck at math (shhh, don't tell anyone) and have a terrible temper.
However, this is what we got, not what we want or hope to aspire to be. I guess with that said, and if we're last on any list, there is nowhere else to go but up.
edit on 22-8-2011 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Nephalim

Wow, I'm glad to hear you were neither shocked nor offended, considering you have a "terrible temper"...
for my sake...

I don't know much about Perry so far except what little press he's getting, but I do know that the "Texans" we have had in office to date weren't quite up to snuff IMO.

I wish there were some way to "vet" every person on Capitol Hill and in the white house with unbiased truth and disclosure of integrity and character. But there isn't. Not as long as money is involved.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Its one thing to have a bad temper, its another to be easily angered, which I'm not. All is good.

On Perry,
Well he tends to stay out of the way really and tries to help where he's able I guess. Like the huge fires we had across the state. That's a big thing here to have all your feed burn away He did have a few issues people had problems with out here but when he figured out folks didnt like those ideas, he more or less cut them loose and apologized or claimed good intentions. I think Bush and Cheney backed the other rep kay bailey instead of Perry this last election,and hes pretty much walked away from the old gore days, so there's that.

Speaking of those two. They created jobs and maintained a low rate of unemployment. History cant lie there. Lowest unemployment rates we have seen in years.(In Texas anyway) Now on a conspiracy website...
I guess one could see that whole time from two different perspectives. One one hand you have the truthers who have made their cases abundantly obvious. I do respect and value the time they have put into learning the truth and one day, I hope they do.

On the other, if they are wrong, I don't know that a President or any person for that matter could have handled things much differently under the circumstances. Only one President outside of Bush had to face homeland attacks like that. What many people conveniently forget about 9/11 is that people were pissed. Lots of people. Like headhunt pissed. Heck I was pissed I cant lie, I wanted to know who did it, where they were and how long it was going to take to identify,track and either destroy or bring to justice the people responsible. I know for a fact lots of people felt the same. I think we all do even though many wont admit it here. Whats done is done either way. rest the souls of the departed. ALL OF THEM.

I do think however that no matter who you vote for, people are going to be in the Presidents ear, all the time or as much as possible. For instance, President Obama. The guy wants to do a lot of stuff that frankly, you'd probably do during peacetime when things are running well, economies not tore down and such. Note that a big deal is the country reducing dependence on foreign oil. Well, lots of the things Obama pushes on energy are pretty much for that purpose. Clean energy, cars, tax rebates on solar,wind ect.. he's a good peace time president probably, wartime, tons of debt, bad economy and didnt bring the troops immediately home so... not so much, otherwise he might be a two termer. There are some good intentions there I think but rest assured, those policies are also part of someones suggestion.
Im for clean energy myself so he isnt far off.
edit on 22-8-2011 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

top topics

join