It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mood changing & Weird Dreams

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Ok so this is my first time posting in this section of the forums. About a couple months ago I came across the videos about the Awakening. I started studying more into the spirituality side of it and found what i have been missing my whole life. I never felt connected to any religious teaching's all my family is Catholic and I felt that this is not what i was meant to be learning. So when i started looking into metaphysics I felt like it was my path. I have been meditating atleast 2 to 3 times a week for atleast 10 minutes. ( Harder to get more time in because i have a daughter) Well since I started this my whole attitude to life has changed in a good way, but there are days when i have extreme mood swings and i become either very angry over small reasons or very sad. So the thing im asking is , is this normal to have such mood swings with what is happening on our lovely Earth. Also I have been having very weird dreams, if you have seen my past posts I am Pro E.T and I even feel as if they are family. Then i have dreams where i am terrified of them, I wake up and feel very confused because i have no fear of them at all. Anyone else getting these dreams?

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
I think (this is just my opinion, based on my own experience) that even in the so -called "awakening" process, we can go through a stage of needing to vent and expell a lot of build up thoughts, ideas, and emotions.
I often see it like we each have a well inside of us, that can be a great source of wisdom and knowledge, but if we haven't been using it for a long time, it can be poluted and muddied by years of throwing rejected concepts and emotions down there.
This well is your subconscious, all that you have denied and repressed has been shoved down there. It is muddy and dirty down there. When you first reach it, what will spill out is rancid old emotion and repressed pains. Like turnign on the faucet and having the stagnant water coming out first for a few minutes.

Just be very compassionate for yoruself, let it flow, and watch it go without attachment or trying to reason out it's source too much! If you feel a bad mood, don't bother trying to attribute it to this or that event or reason, sometimes emotions just "are".

To illustrate this, I once watched a documentary on studies and experiments concerning the brain. In one study, people who were scheduled to have brain surgery were used while their skull was opened, to attach electrodes to different parts of the brain, while they were awake.

With this one girl, they were talkign with her and stuff while someone stimulated specific parts of the brain, to see what happened.
One moment they stimulated the part that is associated with laughter. While chatting with someone, she suddenly laughed.
When asked WHY she laughed, she had a split second of obviously reflecting on what just happened, and claimed she laughed at a fork. Because at the moment they'd hit that button, she had happened to look down at a fork- her mind made that association then.
They continued to ask her why and she claimed forks are just funny looking! Everytime they held one up she would laugh!
She continued to find forks hilarious, even much after the experiment. She had never before then found them funny.

So what is very interesting to think about is that our emotional movements, when our intellect tries to explain them, will make connections between it and whatever outside elements were present at the moment it happened, and will glue these two things together ever after. Though it could be a false conclusion.

A molecule we ingest, for example, could stimulate a certain hormonal secretion which causes emotional reaction of some sort (mood). If we didn't know that was the source, we would look at the situation, or people, present right when we started to feel that mood and create an explanation for why THEY were the reason we felt that way! -And they (or what they did, or that type of situation) would continue then to cause the same mood in the future we run into it again, even without the substance we initially ingested.

In this case, then, if you have old stuff rising, old conenctions, emotions, and you keep trying to explain it, you risk making false conenctions that will continue to drag you around in the future.

Just let 'em float by, dont judge yourself, nor the emotions. You'll have a better chance of having them cleared soon!

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Maybe your mind is adjusting to your new worldview and awakening process. Dreams would be effected because they are important to the process of memory and how we assimilate information into our minds. Now if your dreams are effected, I could easily see how that could effect mood. These aren't permanent emotional changes, your mind is just trying to get things figured out on how it's going to handle this awakening, this new way of looking at things. It's not necessarily better, but there is just more dissonance, more "issues" that your mind has to deal with, to rationalize, and to accept, and ultimately to learn from with your improved awareness.

And even if you like ETs, it could still be quite scary to see them for the first time. At least exciting with nerves going crazy. There are a lot of things we don't fear rationally, but put in a situation, fight or flight kicks in. Also the ET "dream" that scared you might have been sleep paralysis, which at times just brings about fear for no reason, fear is just an unexplained (and unnecessary part of it) until you've had it dozens of times and begin to get used to it, the fear is usually a part of it.

It sounds like an exciting time for you. Yeah even though I meditate I still get angry at little things and definetly sad. The more aware we are the more "little things" we notice. Now that works both ways, for the good of relationships and our relationships can have more depth this way, but it also works the other way. Se we notice more graceful acts by others, but we also notice selfishness for what it is more as well.

That's a reason why it's so important to try to stay grounded, and "still." When awareness improves it is so easy to get stuck on the negative side or the positive side because you notice more and thus there is more ammunition for the mind to come to the wrong generalizations and conclusions. Crucial isn't the word, but it's very good to learn how to say, "I don't know." And to at times, simply do not judge, just pass on judging, the situation will have it's truth whether you figure it out or not. Your meditation will give your mind a good break, as well as the dreams and sleep. I hope this helps, but you seem fine to me, just give it some time and appreciate this part of your life.

Oh and maybe get a book about wisdom or awakening, something that interests you to read and pass the time. There are so many, just whoever your favorite author is.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by sailorsaturn92

To be completely honest with you, anyone concerned or involved with the Earth or the world around them would have an issue if they weren't experiencing mood swings and touches of depressions, things are looking bad ...

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   
The people above me hit a lot of main points. you said you've been doing meditations and studies into metaphysics. Combine the two and find a question you want answered. In the meditation make sure your mind is completely empty, than ask the question you wrote down. Let the answer come in and don't second guess that answer.
I am into meditations at least two to three times a day. My mind circles around odd questions and even greater mysteries that could just send me circling around for days. As i further into these meditations i often find myself in a deep trance very quickly, in which if i get disturbed my attitude influxes very rapidly. Often leaving my mind disrupted for a good portion of the day.
Now with the et's. thats just the fun part, the exciting and unknown information that we all have inside us. That's the part that will scare everyone just a little bit because of the unknown. We don't know what lays out in the realm of space. And if there is anything out there, are they pro human life or anti human life? Those questions always scare us a little bit because we just don't know. We all have our personal beliefs and stories.
Dreams i believe are the messages encoded into us that we have to dissolve and figure out the riddle of it. Every dream has a message in it. And ill give you one of mine. The other day i had a dream about a snake ( i forget the kind ) but the snake came out of nowhere and attacked me. and after this i woke up sweating. I looked into it and the snake represents a change, a fear of something deep inside that i was battling with. Now i later meditated on this dream to find out what was holding me back.
But dreams are messages i believe. Just like the mystic space. in it are just more and more riddles awaiting to be unraveled. So look into the dream. do some homework. and try your meditation and see what happens.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

The Spork is every more funny! LOL

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
You are doing the right thing by reflecting within. Awakening, like everything else comes in waves. With so much stimulus and intensity in the world today, meditation can help balance and bring you in touch with your spirituality. There is light and there is dark, both are needed. Find the comfortable middle. Do not chase your awakening too ferverently, nor let the dark upset you too much. Peace!

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Thank you everyone so much for your replies. It makes me feel a whole lot better knowing that its normal. Well I am talking to a few enlightened people has any of you had any contact from E.T's?

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
If you mean talking to an ET by ways of meditation or how?
Through meditations theres a stage called astro travel where your inner spiritual travels to wherever your destination maybe at that time. This is only accessible through Deep meditation in which your are in a very deep deep trance. But it can be done. In which doing this you could easily travel to anywhere you please, or even to part of space where ET exists, but in doing so they often do not like communicating with humans unless secretly you aren't human and are aware of their native tongue.
Or. Atleast thats what the rumor is.
Guess the only way you'll know is to give it a try.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I just wanted to share an experience I had recentely and see if anybody has any advice for me. I recently read Steven Laberge's Exploring the world of Lucid Dreams. I read a section focusing on sleep paralysis and the following morning I woke and had a drink and then lay back in bed feeling drowsy, I closed my eyes and I was looking at the shapes and colours I could see against the blackness of my eyelids. There was a swirling purple vortex type thing and I was concentrating on travelling down ot when I suddenly heard (and felt) a strong vibrating that felt as though it were inside my head. I then noticed at this time that my body was frozen and I couldn't move. I seemed to be travelling faster down the vortox and the vibrating got louder. I felt very frightened and panicked. After a few more moments I came out of it and awoke feeling very bizarre. My mood afterwards was rather low.
I suppose that merely hearing about sleep paralysis brought this on and I wish I had managed not to become fearful but it was such an odd and new experience for me. Does anybody happen to have any advice they can offer as to how to avoid becoming afraid or panic? Any help would be appreciated.

Back onto the subject of dreams being a journey to a parallel universe I once had a dream about this very thing. It happened around 3 years or so ago but I remember it very well. I was on a plane with a male friend which crashed somewhere which to me looked like India. Afterwards we were suddenly walking around a rather poor looking town and realised we had lost our passports in the crash. We somehow became sepearated in the dream and I became lucid. I realised that I was dreaming but I had no control over anything. I began to irrationally panic as though I was lucid I was worried that I needed to get home to my parents and thought they'd be worried about me. I went into a town area and sat on a bench overlooking a market. I tried slapping myself and pinching myself to wake up and also tried opening my eyes as wide as possible (it felt like it would work at the time!) It didn't work. I sat on a bench worrying, irrationally fearful that I could not wake up and return home. Then an old lady in a colourful flowery dress approached me, she sat down and I can't remember if there was any other conversation other than the following. She said to me 'You need to calm down. There is a you in another universe that is very worried about you' I am sure we may have spoke more but cannot recall. Shortly after this I awoke. It was the strangest thing I have ever experienced (stranger than the paralysis) I still get shivers when I think about it. I just imagined that she perhaps meant that I was experiencing another universe whilst dreaming but the me lying in my bed was worried and believed that I couldn't wake up. I would be most interested if anybody has any thoughts. I just wanted to share my experiences and want to say I am thouroughly enjoying the posts of likeminded people. Thanks, Li

top topics

join