It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The real end to ALL the worlds problems

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helious
The end to the worlds problems is to end greed. Good luck with that, the end to the worlds problems is to overcome human nature..... Too bad we all have it.

Thats exactly what Im saying!!

This way of gaining wealth has every thing to do with getting rid of greed.
Once the system is in place the only way to become wealthy (karma point if you will) is to NOT be greedy. And to become selfless in nature. I dont see one negitive world problem this couldnt fix, besides the occurance of natural disasters
edit on 21-8-2011 by Talltexxxan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
It says the love of money is the root of all evil.

second line

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
yeah but people love money and no one is going to understand your opinion
Cannabis will show the truth to these people.
Marijuana is the leaf that will will heal the nations
TRY IT!

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by SFlowers
It says the love of money is the root of all evil.

second line

Okay you are about the forth person that their only comment is about my mis-quote on the very first line.
I would appreciate it if we could all get the "F" over the symantics and discuss the topic at hand.

okay? thanks.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikesk8s247
TRY IT!

I agree with part of your comment (I'll leave it to you to decide what part)
And the karma currency system will work the SAME as money. The only difference is the people that have alot of it, will be the ones that truly deserve it. Not liers, cheats theives and corperations that care no more for their customers and employees than they care about the bug that just splattered all over their windshield.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Talltexxxan

I understand but what if people are going out if their way to do good deeds and not caring about how people feel about the good deeds they do, they care only about the money the get if they do good deeds?

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Talltexxxan

Originally posted by mikesk8s247
TRY IT!

I agree with part of your comment (I'll leave it to you to decide what part)
And the karma currency system will work the SAME as money. The only difference is the people that have alot of it, will be the ones that truly deserve it. Not liers, cheats theives and corperations that care no more for their customers and employees than they care about the bug that just splattered all over their windshield.

Karma currency system..lol.. a nice idea. But one cannot persuade 'Joe the Sheep' to get use to it. May be we survive past the next 50 years to see a different system. The fact is people are so attached to this stupid paper that they feel its worth their brain and effort but sadly it isn't.

Looks like most people made thread about hating money just like me.

And you said:

I wondered afterward, why is kama so important in the next level up (heaven if you will) And then it came to me, karma is their currency!!

You meant 'kama' or Karma? The former as the currency system will herd the sheep even better. Lol..

Worth giving a try.
edit on 23-8-2011 by radkrish because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingMe

I understand but what if people are going out if their way to do good deeds and not caring about how people feel about the good deeds they do, they care only about the money the get if they do good deeds?

I was thinking about that and what I came up with is the "K" points you would receive would also factor in not only the selfless act itself but also the amount of graditude the one(s) you helped had for what you did. So a certain act would be worth a certain points (+)/(-) and the amount of graditude/pain that person had from your act would be somewhat of a multiplyer.

And also If people are doing good deeds just to only get wealthy, then that is not a very selfless act and wont be counted toward their "K" account.

Just like the local garbage man would no longer be doing his job for a minimum wage paycheck. He would actually be receiving a good amount of points for providing a service to many many people. get it? :-)

I know there will be many tough wrinkles to iron out but thats why I posted this idea here. So I can get feedback and thoughts on it, so we can all help to make our world we want it to be for our children and the rest of the generations to come.

Keep the ideas/suggestions coming!!!

edit on 23-8-2011 by Talltexxxan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Bumpity bump

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

I was not brought up by a religious family; quite the opposite, but one thing I'll always remember from a school assembly were these words of a wise lady:

She told us that Heaven and Hell are essentially the same thing and can be visualised as follows:

A large room with a banquet of delights in the middle where everyone is locked outside but can access the food with long forks through port holes.

In Hell, everyone tries to feed themselves with the forks and fails because they are too long and because other people are stealing food from their fork.

In Heaven, everyone uses their forks to feed each other. Nobody goes hungry and everyone enjoys the satisfaction of giving.

I always give some of whatever comes my way; help, wisdom, gifts and a bit of money.
My world is priviledged. So much of the above falls into my lap without explanation and I only have to wait a short while before I find somebody who needs something from my shelf.

I feel like this is my "job" on this planet. A kind of "Karma Exchange Facility".

In return, life has put me together with a great mix of thinkers, musicians, fantastic artists and smart, beautiful people who keep me sane and happy!

Peace, love and happiness is just within reach of us all. We just have to work together despite what TPTB are trying to do to us.

Johnny.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by radkrish

I'm not so sure people are as attached to money as you think. I feel like the majority of the world...the 99% who hold very little money, actually despise money. I think we all HATE it. Its one of the the worst inventions we've ever come up with. Its a small number of people, who control a lot of money, that make it seem like we're all chasing big cars, big boobs and dolla dolla bill y'all. But its not true. Money is a necessity only because we've come to depend on it. It holds us back from our true potential (like the OP said) both socially and personally.

That being said, heres how it could actually work. Apparently there are people that can read auras right? Well everyone checks in once a week with an aura reader or council of aura readers. If people have evil auras they get less Karma, but still some. If people have good auras they get more Karma. The goal is not to deprive the evil ones of access to food and shelter (though a taste of their own medicine would be quite satisfying). The goal is to link service to humanity with better access to live's grander experiences (big cars, big boobs, dolla dolla bill y'all). People will still strive for silly material things but at least they wont destroy each other or the planet in the process.
edit on 31-8-2011 by doctornamtab because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by doctornamtab

Decent idea of how to make it actually happen, but I for one will not be trusting someone else with my K points status. I think the way for this to actually happen is to have sensors (ofsorts) that can read either brainwaves or body chemical changes. And these sensors could be somehow transmit the corresponding karmtic deed info to your account.

People I have told of the idea, have also asked, "what about inflation, due to everyone having an endless amount of possible Karma points? If everyone had a gazillion K points, wouldnt the price of Dr.pepper go up though the devaluing of the K points?" And my response is how would it devalue? Does the deed of helping a little old woman cross the street become less gradifying if you are a millionare? the answer is NO. So my system would no longer alow for inflation and deflation. it would be a steady currency system with no collapse in sight.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Basically you are talking about a barter system. It isn't a bad idea, but you would still have to deal with the fact that there are people who have nothing and no skill to barter with.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Basically you are talking about a barter system. It isn't a bad idea, but you would still have to deal with the fact that there are people who have nothing and no skill to barter with.

Does it take skill to carry a heavy box for someone? Does it take skill to tell someone how to get to the local grocery store? Does it take skill to just do selfless acts for other people? The answer is no. Thats why with this system you wouldnt have poverty anymore. Because all you had to do to become wealthy is to help the people around you and in your community.
See? Its a win win for everyone. (if your a good honest person)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helious
The end to the worlds problems is to end greed. Good luck with that, the end to the worlds problems is to overcome human nature..... Too bad we all have it.

Human nature is a myth, we do have some urges that are difficult to control, sex and desire for good food. We can change the way we are so long as we teach it young, new system can be instilled within a couple generations so long as people were not taught by their parents.

I personally think it is the goal of Corporations and Gov't to strip the majority of time parents have with their youth in order to train them with their visions.

The first step to solve the worlds problems is to resolve the energy problem. If energy were east to get at and abundant there would be no starvation or problems with water etc. Unlimited Energy = Easy to convert salt water to fresh, Electricity for all, Power to grow multiple levels of food in complexes etc etc.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Talltexxxan
reply to post by doctornamtab

Decent idea of how to make it actually happen, but I for one will not be trusting someone else with my K points status. I think the way for this to actually happen is to have sensors (ofsorts) that can read either brainwaves or body chemical changes. And these sensors could be somehow transmit the corresponding karmtic deed info to your account.

People I have told of the idea, have also asked, "what about inflation, due to everyone having an endless amount of possible Karma points? If everyone had a gazillion K points, wouldnt the price of Dr.pepper go up though the devaluing of the K points?" And my response is how would it devalue? Does the deed of helping a little old woman cross the street become less gradifying if you are a millionare? the answer is NO. So my system would no longer alow for inflation and deflation. it would be a steady currency system with no collapse in sight.

Ahh cool. Like a Karma ATM machine. Better idea, yes, good call.

I think what your friend was trying to say is that the more K points there are the more points it will take to buy things since products have a pretty stable value in comparasion to the total money supply. Like the cost of a Dr. Pepper is X percent of the total money supply and if X gets too high inflation sets in. If X gets too low deflation sets in. So the more supply of currency the less that currency has in buying power because of this stability in prices. It works no matter what currency there is. But K points are special because theres no limit to how many we can earn. So we have to do some economic trickery.

A way around inflation though is to immediately cancel out the K points when the transaction takes place. All the way down the line from sugar cane grower to manufacturer to distributor to the grocery store guy. The points just cancel out once you use them. You can't reuse K points so to speak. They are legal tender for one transaction. Once theyre done, they're gone. This works well in this system because, like you said theres an endless supply of karmic deeds to do for each other. No one could horde large amounts of K points and no one feels bad when theyre gone since theyre benefiting from each other's karmic deeds as much as the next.

I really like this idea and itd be a great way to "catch" the capitalist, monetary economy before it free falls, down, through the Earth, dragging us with it, to the depths of fiery Hell.

The Karma-conomy

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Oh. Just thought of another one.

Business itself would become more democratic, so to speak.

One small group of CEO's cant run the entire company right? From washing the floors to assembly line to marketing, etc. So, in order for a business to function in the Karmaconomy it'd need the collective K Points from its workers. Meaning that workers would actually, truly VOTE on the economy. Wherever we chose to work to earn Karma points would be a business that we CHOSE to work at. If the boss is a jerk ass, fine, we'll go clean up the highway for Karma. If the business makes crappy products we can choose to earn Karma elsewhere. But instead of being CHAINED to these jobs for money to buy food, we'd have the freedom to "freelance" ourselves some Karma. Businesses would have to clean up their act of they'd become obsolete. If McDonalds doesnt treat its workers better they'll shrivel and die from lack of people working there. This is something workers cant do in our economy because theres no alternative. There's no OTHER way to get currency to pay for food. Its kind of like direct democracy, where every citizen votes on every issue without representatives voting for them. But its direct democracy for the economy.
edit on 31-8-2011 by doctornamtab because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

The LOVE of money is the root of all evil. Not MONEY. The LOVE of it which is what you were addressing.

Just sayin

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher

The LOVE of money is the root of all evil. Not MONEY. The LOVE of it which is what you were addressing.

Just sayin

Do you not have anything constructive to say regarding the OP? No? You would just rather post the same damn responce, that 5 other people before you, posted. *sigh*

Would you please read the ENTIRE post before you comment. then maybe you will relize what this thread about is more important than one line of symantics. geezz.

please come back and post with help regarding this, not just some mindless (you got one stament wrong) dribble. Thanks

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join