It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your purpose in this reality???

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by InnerPeace2012
reply to post by smithjustinb

There is no purpose to life, but there is purpose in 'your' life. That is the distinction. Purpose in life is indefinite and varies with each individuals, in my opinion.

Peace

Individual purposes seem to vary, but ultimately they fit into a category of THE purpose. That is because of the nature of what we are. What we are defines a purpose for us, but doesn't neccessarily define the specific actions to carry out the purpose. The specific action is individual purpose. If you say, there is no purpose for the creation of life then you agree that it is just a random occurence. You are inseparable from the purpose. You can halt overall progression or even work against it, but you will still be fulfilling the purpose in some way or another. You are bound to the purpose.

You are INTELLIGENT ENERGY. As such, your purpose is to observe and to learn. Now doesn't anything you do and any individual purpose you serve contribute to this ultimate purpose? You are intelligent energy and this is the purpose of intelligent energy.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by InnerPeace2012

My purpose, I think, is to go to heaven and not hell.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I don't know my purpose. Things that used to bring me joy no longer do. I used to be full of drive and enthusiasm and now just seem to exist. I don't even have a dream anymore as to what I would do if I could do anything I wanted. It's alarming really.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Master Gotama, what is the one benefit you exist for?

The one benefit the tathagatta (Buddha) exists for is the fruit and emancipation by illumination (Transcendence).

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Honestly if we knew the answer to this question would there be any problems on earth? I think we all came here to find our purpose, and who's to say that we never do or don't. If you think we have a purpose here, then u must be a believer in the every thing happens for a reason theory right? I personally hope that everything does happen for a reason as it would give us some hope that all the things going on in the world right now are for the greater purpose.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
My purpose of being here is to eat the souls of the Wicked ...

2nd

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Our purpose in life is to lead a life of purpose.

Any more explanation would be too specific.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
modsdelete
edit on 21-8-2011 by BadMagician because: doublepost

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I dont have a purpose 'in this reality'

I do an engineering job so thats my purpose in society. I have a daughter and trying to raise her well is my purpose at a narrower personal level.

In the wider grand universal scheme I'm aware my existence is entirely meaningless. I'm ok with that.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by AnotherYOU

Agreed. That plays into my "3" missions theory.

1. A mission for light
2. A mission for Dark
3. A mission for Balance

Your mission is balance!

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by blazenresearcher

Agreed. That plays into my "3" missions theory.

1. A mission for light
2. A mission for Dark
3. A mission for Balance

Your mission is balance!

true, everything is trying to balance out in this reality...the problem I'm having is, people's idea of free will.....i've proven to myself that there is no such thing as free will....everything is predestined.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I personally think we are here to experience a 'physical' life and to see if we will freely choose to love God.
I think that in this day and age it is particularly challenging to do just that -

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by BadMagician

Perfect answer!

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
It's refreshing that those who know their purpose have responded very positvely. I just wonder if those who's purpose is to create chaos understand that that is their reason for living and do it consciously.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by megabogie

relax, you can do no wrong.

if to exist is what you do, please do so.

the universe can only unfold one way, the way it is.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Thank you for the encouragement! After reading your post about balance you really made me think. I always end up being the go between person amongst people not getting along. Family, friends, coworkers...seems I'm always mediating. And I don't take sides, I just try to make them get along.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Your statement is true, that some seem to know their purpose. Some know their mission is light or balanced, while the ones with a dark mission are... well let's just say, in the dark.

Here is another theory...I'm just throwing them up to see what sticks.

Maybe the ones that know "their purpose" are souls that are further along in their journey....as in the term "an old soul". While the new souls have to begin their journey in the dark or on the dark mission. They must first learn the harder lessons of fear, greed, jealousy, contempt, corruption, manipulation. That sounds like a full time job to me. Meanwhile the "older souls" do not put themselves in those situations and therefore have freed themselves for more time for introspection and understanding their purpose.

Like the saying "Energy flows where your thoughts go".

Another theory.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by blazenresearcher

I find your theory very thought provoking. It would make sense that an "old soul" would be a wiser soul and take a positive path in life. The bad people of society would be like children just learning and without self control making them capable of evil because they have not experienced the pain their actions cause. I could not imagine purposefully causing another pain yet so many people do this daily as if they have no conscience. Your theory would explain why they are capable of such terrible things. I just wonder why "old souls" seem to avoid politics!

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I am here to encourage the discouraged, defend those weaker than myself, deflate the inflated egos and be a thorn in the side of those who would bully others with religious dogma, political rhetoric, and rule by fear. I am also here to experience all there is with all my senses and delight in the moment that has come. Life should be savored, not just endured. I will slay demons as they come, and take my share of wine and dance as I can. I will learn all that is possible in as many ways as I can manage, and delight in the simple pleasures of a moonlit night and wonderful company. This is my purpose, this is my cause.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Maybe because politics is divisive and requires that its practitioners be motivated by acquiring power? ...not exactly an old-soul style, I imagine. Then again, I think of people like Ghandi and Mandela who did influence the world and changed the political landscape, so who knows?

I'm on the mission for light, given the three option theory (me likey!)

For now, my purpose is and for many years has been to suck it up and be responsible for, gosh, some days it seems like everything. I'm starting to plan for the next phase. As for things that excite me, those have changed over the years. I've been excited by and involved in, at various times, in theater, bodybuilding, belly dance, weaving, spinning, learning everything I could about certain celebrities who died young (Elvis, Marilyn Monroe, and most interesting of all, Jim Morrison), art, music, specialty microbrews, rock climbing, and hiking. I've felt moved enough by some things to donate or volunteer, such as Christmas Angels, animal welfare, hospice, and horseback riding for the handicapped. My purpose seems to be pretty fleeting and transitory, if it is whatever most excites me.

I wish I could claim to be always positive, but I also have a cynical side and sometimes get depressed at the state of the world and the direction we seem to be going.

I think maybe when I retire I would like to be involved somehow with victims' rights.
edit on 21-0820118-1111 by gwynnhwyfar because:

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join