It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your purpose in this reality???

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   

edit on 21-8-2011 by Cib2010 because: Nevermind I just relized this was a religous thread, don't mind me.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

There is no purpose to life, but there is purpose in 'your' life. That is the distinction. Purpose in life is indefinite and varies with each individuals, in my opinion.

Peace

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Cib2010

lol...Religion gives a bad name to spiritualism. This is metaphysical. Never mentioned the bible and God, did I?

Peace

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
My purpose has been to be born with extreme sensitivities and suffer greatly due to energies I have allowed myself to absorb. Due in part to that, I knew from a young age that religion was not truthful, therefore I have gone through most of my life with a lack of spirituality. That was wrong. We are supposed to feel a higher connection, our connection to all that there is. To that end, I guess that is the lesson that I have learned.

It can be very difficult at times living in this world and it has forced me to look within. To search for truth, peace, harmony. To ask the questions of Why do I feel like this, Who am I and Why is humanity so harsh. Also, to develop my intuition, understand the forces at work and to view the larger picture of our existence and for humanity.

What am I supposed to do to change things? I don't have the answer. All I know is that when faced with choices, I have the confidence to choose the correct one for the good of all. To make conscious effort to not adversely affect another. If we all did that, we could make a change.

edit on 21-8-2011 by blazenresearcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
As a child, I knew that something did not feel right...church, school, history, government. I always felt outside of that box.

So at a very early age I became quite fascinated with the things that did feel peaceful. Instead of dolls, I played with stuffed animals. Then I became interested in insects, then reptiles, then mammals.

I felt my purpose was to follow nature and help her in any way I could.
I started rehabilitating baby orphaned animals in my 20's. I would raise them until they were ready for release. I still do to this day (52). Setting them free is exhilarating.

Nature gives me just about any fix I need...peace, harmony, spirit, gentleness, love, freedom.
I never had children because I already knew my place was with the animals and nature.

My place in life is to do what I possibly can to replace in nature what has been disrupted...mostly at man's hands.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by InnerPeace2012

So what is your purpose in this reality?

To be absolutely honest, I am not at all sure that this existence isn't like a computer program and that most of my supposed fellow human beings are more than scripts. It's the only way to explain how we all appear to be of the same species, but most lack the basic essentials of self awareness. There's a severe lack of individuality and freedom of thought that doesn't seem normal to the concept of a race of sentient beings.

The problem is identifying whether there are any other 'real' people or if I am the only player. This is troubling because to consider the latter leads one to think there is something special about one's self... which I don't care to do. So, I have to first assume that there are others, but that they are few in numbers and dispersed around the world, playing this same scenario.

What is the purpose of this reality?

We would appear to be spiritual beings on a physical journey... a time of incubation and learning between one point and the next, with the ultimate destination being unknown.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by InnerPeace2012
So what is your purpose in this reality?

Why have you manifested in this 3rd dimensional reality or physical plain of existence? Is it because your parents wanted you here? or is it because you were in queue as the next soul that was to manifest here on earth?

You never had the chance to decide who your parents were, nor did you decide where to manifest?

Perhaps you did make all these choices but you can't remember? Yes you did. Freewill prevails.

By no way, you are a coincidence in this vast systemic universe. Even the simplest of matter serves a purpose.

So, what is your purpose in this reality, that you think you are here for?

As for yours truly, I am here to experience life as it is.

Peace to you all
edit on 21-8-2011 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

To keep saying to any winds that will carry my voice : ' there is another way' and 'choice exists' until I turn blue or ascend terrified into an alternative and hopefully fun realm of existance

>B)
edit on 21-8-2011 by Rosha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by SkunkSense

That's beautiful!

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
i never thought about the real purpose but i do think about the mechanism.....

there are a few facts, we all have the same physical structures, brains and bodies.....yet we each have a unique expression of the data that these physical organs come into contact with, which is the mind, the self, something that arises through time as you interact with the data, remember none of us were formed at birth, it took development, why do you even have a self? a feeling that you are a unique observer watching this film your brain projects in front of you? its like having a tunnel vision of reality, if you saw all of it we would not all be here, we would be one mass of consciousness, but the fact that each of us has a unique tunnel, we have a self, in terms of the purpose of this, i would say it is the most efficient way to respond to the data set.....its like a news channel, sending reporters into various countries and places to take in data and tell each other and us whats going on, we are each reporters, no matter whether we are observing gorillas in the wild and telling others how great these animals are, or telling a friend about how your girlfriend broke your heart, why else do we all feel a need to connect to each other, a lot of us are in these forums because the thoughts we have dont connect much with other people around us, so we find places like this......by having each brain popping into a new data set we get more and more information and regulation, after consciousness takes something in, emotion takes over, if you see animals getting hurt, and feel angry enough about it, you will take action, and then use your body/ muscles to make a physical change, but it at starts at the consciousness and REALIZING what is going on, we would not be able to realize anything about a particular situation if we did not have a unique perspective in relation to the object and the world, if we were everything, one big conscious being, how could we regulate things going on inside a smaller space, a good example is this.....there are many things going on inside your body that you cant regulate.....your bodies immune system fights off invading bacteria and viruses, they can because they have the perspective to interact with each other, we are all in the same world, but we cant interact with bacteria because they are on a different plane because of size and other factors. if the house you lived in was conscious for example, it would interact with things around it, not knowing that there could be two people fighting inside of it, because that is not its perspective....i hope you guys can follow it gets confusing and weird, i apologize.....

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
the reason i believe in my theory is because i dont think any of us are inherently unique, but we become unique, there must be a way to explain how all the same substance becomes something a non physical unique mind/self..........

and when we ask for your purpose, i dont see how anyone could have a unique purpose, the purpose for all of us must be the same, because when we are made we are each the same.....just something logical about it....what better way for whatever made us, what is more efficient than to send out these brains, this substance that adapts to whatever data it is given.....this is the purpose....to learn...to fill a seemingly infinite abyss with consciousness...to get into every nook and cranny of the world and communicate to each other what is going on....in that way we can one day reach a universal consciousness.....as we grow and transmit each other more and more data....we become a greater part of the world at a much faster rate....we can die ..but the next conscious person will continue where we left off.....so the next generation is born and quickly learns and becomes more aware of itself, they become a greater part of the world....if you study human history i guarantee you will find that based on what they knew they expressed a certain consciousness(i guess i cant prove it, but it makes so much sense)....most people think i have a materialistic spin on things, but dont be fooled, while i believe that there is a certain material set of data, what we become from it, is an emergent property that is not completely limited by it.....
edit on 21-8-2011 by subjectivelife because: added

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
As I sat there pondering your question, well, I was in the shower and sometimes I do some of my best pondering in the shower!

Maybe there are not 1 million different purposes. Possibly there are only three different purposes, which seems to be a common number in the realm of our reality.

Possibly there is only
1. A mission of Light
2. A mission of Dark
3. A mission of Balance

Upon birth, our soul is given to one of these missions. I must have been given the mission of light, therefore I was given the coding of empathy.

healing.about.com...

"Empathy is Inherited
Empathy is genetic, inherent in our DNA, and passed from generation to generation. It is studied both by traditional science and alternative healing practitioners.

Empathy has both biological/genetic and spiritual aspects.

Empaths often possess the ability to sense others on many different levels. From their position in observing what another is saying, feeling and thinking, they come to understand another. They can become very proficient at reading another personís body language and/or study intently the eye movements. While this in itself is not empathy, it is a side-shoot that comes from being observant of others. In a sense, empaths have a complete communication package."

Others and unbeknowst to them are given the mission of dark. And finally others, the mission of balance.

These missions may manifest in many different ways, but together they form the grid from which our consciousness moves through to evolve.

Just a theory.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
My purpose as for now is to ascertain if there is anything more than the physician. If i can ever be for sure the astral realm is real and we humans are something more than just highly intelligent animals that place our lives above other creatures wrongly, then I'll be happy learning and experiencing the world and die happy. If it turns out everything is just as it appears, and were just one of many organism's that fully die with our death, then my there is little hope for the future. Maybe I'll devote my life to attempting to bring all people to the same social class, or maybe we as humans shouldn't continue to exist as all, because were destroying the world. If were just an organism, maybe were parasites and we should work to help evolve other creatures to keeps up to our standards.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
i always thought knowledge was interesting.....i always pictured it like a non physical streaming force all around us, when i first took philosophy and learned a few things, i felt like i was picking it up around me, twirling it around in my brain and trying to understand it, then once i understood it, i tried to play with it and change it, we have that power to add onto this growing floating knowledge, what i really think it is, is awareness, we as individuals brains will come and go, but this awareness, this level of consciousness will keep moving and expanding, faster and faster, until it can encompass a planet, it really comes down to how much processing power we have, if we learned everything about the world, dont you think our consciousness/awareness will change? our consciousness is a mirror of what we know, of the parts of the world explored.....the dark parts dont impact us because we dont "see" them, but one day we will light up all and achieve a different state, i just dont know how it will feel or be....

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by blazenresearcher

Thank you.
I am sure I have other purposes to be here on this earth at this time, but they are unknown to me.
The statement I posted above is the one reason I am here that I am positively sure of.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
"Empaths often possess the ability to sense others on many different levels. From their position in observing what another is saying, feeling and thinking, they come to understand another. They can become very proficient at reading another personís body language and/or study intently the eye movements."

i loved that!
you see my whole thing is about these positions of observation, if we did not have these positions and perspectives we truly would just be one thing, and no one would be here to talk about it lol.... i know thats not why you mentioned it, but just thought id use it lol

oh and in terms of when you take any chemicals or anything, this even further proves my hypothesis on consciousness being a derivation of the data stream, because ultimately this is a physical data set coming in, chemicals change the state of your brain, just like incoming light or sound change it by evoking a reaction.....this is why when you also take any chemical your consciousness instantly changes and you can be in a completely different world, because these chemicals are much more powerful at that instant than the rest of the data coming in, in your unique location, so it phases out the current state of consciousness and takes over, but once its been metabolized and the ride is over, you come back to your regular state that youve been building your whole life.....
edit on 21-8-2011 by subjectivelife because: added

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
the purpose of my existence exists on a need to know basis.

last time i checked, only i need to know.

but ill give up a hint, im not here to be for or against anyone or anything.

someone has to balance polarity.

some go on the upper triangle, some on the lower.
but some have to maintain both triangles intersecting.

as above so below

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

My main purpose in life is to ...be kind to people....to help them feel good about themselves....and that they do matter.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
This one...
-I guess surfing the peek timewave sounded like a bright pixel at the time!

Feels like my last recycles has only been with the purpose to atone the endtime while trying to figure out where and when it all went astray!

Next round; I'll probably have to re-invent the monkey-wrench.....

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

I've incarnated here to help lead the way for the compression of experience in this universe. Vast numbers of sentient beings are watching this planet in amazement, as we contain all codes of the universe and begin the transmutation back towards godhead. There's a reason things here are so dense, and truth so sought after.

More importantly, I decided to engage in a profound symbiotic relationship with this Planet, a direct feminine aspect of the Creator, and will be walking through to the higher realms with her in hand, on my way to become a universal being and creator of this universe's construct... Light.

During this process I am also blending together all aspects of myself, scattered throughout the lower dimensions and absorbing them into my higher self, including this incarnation. It is a lovely feeling to experience. Many people are reawakening to this strong inner knowing, for me, It was uncovered through the work of George Kavassilas.
edit on 21-8-2011 by ImplodeThisExistence because: Giving credit where due.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

I will start by saying I have enjoyed just about every post that I have read from you.. this thread is no different.

As for my purpose. I don't believe I have one.. in short, I suppose we have the same answer.. to experience. There is no purpose, as we consciously change our path with every choice we make.. in that choice we change the purpose.. if there is indeed "a purpose".

And I don't believe in "this reality".. as we are all living in our own unique realities. JMO though.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join