It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here is my own UFO story

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Many years ago, when i was much more into UFOs and MUCH LESS critical/skeptical...it actually happened.

We had a party at home with many people gathered downstairs, when i saw this glowing "orb" a few miles away which immediately caught my attention.

It was clear that it was not a plane since i have never seen such a thing before, it had a different color and also moved in a different way. Having a background in hobby-astronomy i also could exclude it being venus or anything similar.

So i shouted really loud "There is an UFO!" to the people in our house and we all run outside and me and several people witnessed the glowing orb how it moved silently and literally flew over our house.

I was thrilled from that day on...but this is not where the story ends.

Because i kept seeing those glowing orbs several times later again, and once i remember i even saw 3 or 4 of them flying in "formation" over the city.

As someone who was always interested in the UFO phenomenon and read a whole lot of books etc. i was excited and happy that i now "belonged" to the people i was talking to on the internet who claimed they saw an UFO.

MANY YEARS went by and i started to learn about the chinese lanterns or what we just call "party balloons". I got more critical in thinking..and after believing for several years i witnessed real, unexplainable UFOs due to my sighting i had to admit that what i saw was not an alien craft or anything, but simple those lanterns.

I had to admit that the color, movement and all other criteria would very much match the chinese lanterns, furthermore there were also reports in the paper popping up that some of them "crashed" and actually causes a thread of starting fires.

The "formation" i saw on New Years Eve, another nail in the coffin that my "UFO formation" was rather some "party balloons" which were released about the same time when the fireworks started over the city.

Why am i posting this?

I don't want to prove or dis-prove anything, it's just my personal account of what i considered legit UFO sightings for many years did turn into something explainable simply by gaining more knowledge/skepticism.

NO - not every UFO is chinese lanterns...of course.....but MANY still unresolved sightings could have an explanation, this is what i am saying.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
well that was bloody fascinating! No seriously though thanks for actually using critical thinking unlike a lot of folks on here.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123
Many years ago, when i was much more into UFOs and MUCH LESS critical/skeptical...it actually happened.

We had a party at home with many people gathered downstairs, when i saw this glowing "orb" a few miles away which immediately caught my attention.

It was clear that it was not a plane since i have never seen such a thing before, it had a different color and also moved in a different way. Having a background in hobby-astronomy i also could exclude it being venus or anything similar.

So i shouted really loud "There is an UFO!" to the people in our house and we all run outside and me and several people witnessed the glowing orb how it moved silently and literally flew over our house.

I was thrilled from that day on...but this is not where the story ends.

Because i kept seeing those glowing orbs several times later again, and once i remember i even saw 3 or 4 of them flying in "formation" over the city.

As someone who was always interested in the UFO phenomenon and read a whole lot of books etc. i was excited and happy that i now "belonged" to the people i was talking to on the internet who claimed they saw an UFO.

MANY YEARS went by and i started to learn about the chinese lanterns or what we just call "party balloons". I got more critical in thinking..and after believing for several years i witnessed real, unexplainable UFOs due to my sighting i had to admit that what i saw was not an alien craft or anything, but simple those lanterns.

I had to admit that the color, movement and all other criteria would very much match the chinese lanterns, furthermore there were also reports in the paper popping up that some of them "crashed" and actually causes a thread of starting fires.

The "formation" i saw on New Years Eve, another nail in the coffin that my "UFO formation" was rather some "party balloons" which were released about the same time when the fireworks started over the city.

Why am i posting this?

I don't want to prove or dis-prove anything, it's just my personal account of what i considered legit UFO sightings for many years did turn into something explainable simply by gaining more knowledge/skepticism.

NO - not every UFO is chinese lanterns...of course.....but MANY still unresolved sightings could have an explanation, this is what i am saying.

Bravo for you! I think that it takes a lot of courage to tell your story, and to admit that you realised your first assumtion was incorrect. There are definitely strange things afoot in this world, however not all are unexplainable. Kudos

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

so your eyes are that good you can see these lanterns/balloons
from a few miles away thats damn good vision mate (sarcasm)
they vanish in mins

edit on 21-8-2011 by philware because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by philware

If they reach a high enough altitude , there is no reason why one wouldn't spot them from a couple of miles away

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by philware

so your eyes are that good you can see these lanterns/balloons
from a few miles away thats damn good vision mate (sarcasm)
they vanish in mins

edit on 21-8-2011 by philware because: (no reason given)

Heck no,

that first "sighting" lasted about 20mins as afar as i remember...(it was really a very long time ago, like in the mid 80s). Spotted the glowing orb like 2 miles away (it was really bright and it was afternoon, daytime)...it drifted towards the house and then literally flew over the house.

It did not vanish in minutes (neither did the subsequent sightings)...but it it had a "deep orange" color to it and a flickering as if from a fire. It was really very bright even in daylight, moving silently and in a way i never saw before.

At that time i did NOT know *anything* about those types of balloons, did not know that they exist.

This made it also difficult to estimate the size/height...but it seemed rather low since the flickering of the light was clearly recognizable.

Don't forget i took this for a legit sighting for many years, but in retrospective simply *had* to revise my opinion about THIS particular sighting since any factor/criteria clearly spoke that it was a chinese lantern, some balloon with a rather bright fire underneath.
Chances are simply overwhelmingly big that it was one once i learned such balloons exist - assuming it was something more "fantastic" would mean to be ignorant and deny the obvious what i saw.
edit on 21-8-2011 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Here is a website about those lanterns.
en.wikipedia.org...
It rises using fire, but i'm not sure if it can be so bright in the afternoon.
edit on 21-8-2011 by ThinkingMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

why do you not trust your first instincts
they are always right in my opinion
dont let others lead you away from what you believe
to be true to you
they will always say its somethink else
but they were not there you were
and like i said lanterns/balloons with a candle
for the light will just keep going up and up
and further away very quickly
believe me this (my fav quote from you dont mess with the zohan)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Interesting story. I've never seen the "glowing orbs", though I have heard first hand accounts.

And, I would agree that there are a great many things that are misinterpreted when it comes to UFO's. I try to avoid such misinterretation. So much in fact that over the past 7 - 10 years I have seen only 1 UFO. Although, I do see plenty of "lights" in the night sky.

I leve some 35 miles south-east of Dallas, Tx. most of what I see in the night sky are aircraft headed for DFW airport. There was one evening thugh, I saw what lked like a star in the sky. Understand, I tak my Wlf for a bed-time walk every night at around 11 - 12 pm. and since I live in the country the skies are very open and lacking in light pollution. The "object" I saw remained stationary for our entire walk, so I srt of presumed it was "just a star". Later I opened "Setllarium" to see which star it was (something just didn't sit right about it), To my delight, I found that there was suposed to be a star where I saw the bject. I went back outside, it was still there. The next night ... it was gone.

What it was ... don't know. Was kind of cool though.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
It could have been balls of swamp gas. Not all glowing orbs are chinease lanterns,you know.

new topics

top topics

join