It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Wasted Vote Lie

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Lee Wrights is promising everything Ron Paul is and more
edit on 8/21/2011 by FSBlueApocalypse because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
hereis the thing i don't get, and i am NOT trying to get in to any arguments with anyone, i am truly trying to understand: for the people who say that voting doesn't matter and who have opted out of voting altogether, because you feel like it's pointless - what is your suggestion, then? i mean, are you just suggesting that the American people just say, "ah... to hell with it, we're doomed, it's pointless, someone is probably not counting the votes right anyway, etc." and just lay down and take it without ANY fight at all? Just let the chips fall where they may, and hope for the best case scenario of the possible #ty scenarios?

I just can't DO that. I know that there are alot of people here who give the Ron Paul supporters a hard time and try (and i mean a few go way out of their way and try really, REALLY hard) to discourage us and kick our feet out from under us - but at least we are trying to stand for something. we aren't just laying down and playing dead. And the only way we are EVER going to prove that the voting system can be or is corrupted IS for everyone to vote.

I just don't get it.

I am going to vote, and when i do, i am voting my conscience. i am voting for what i believe is the candidate who can take us down a different path, because THIS path isn't working. Look around you, look at how people ARE in this country now. So many hateful, apathetic, selfish people. you know what makes people behave that way? misery. misery loves company. we live in a miserable world right now. sure the rich are happy, but the rest of us are dying a slow miserable death. People have given up and just don't care. And i just think that our lives, the QUALITY of our lives is worth fighting for. and right now the only road out that we have BEGINS with a vote.

bash me all you want, you'll never change my mind.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I agree with you. There have been plenty of soldiers that have died in godforsaken places for that right to vote and whether it matters or not in the end it would be disrespectful to them not to take it seriously.

Very good point

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
What if nobody voted? I remember seeing a sign years ago that said: "Don't vote it only encourages them". You have to admit there is a certain logic to it. By voting for the lesser of two evils we are giving our tacit permission for what that evil chooses to do...

If no one voted and no electors were elected how could they lawfully vote for a president? By voting aren't we a choosing our oppressors anyway? Have we been duped royally? Vote for oppressor A or oppressor B....
And we are so stupid we do it and think we must go along with the oppression cause we voted for it... An interesting thought...

edit on 21-8-2011 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

lol, then the guy with the biggest family would win. much like the band with the most girlfriends draws the biggest crowd.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye
What if nobody voted? I remember seeing a sign years ago that said: "Don't vote it only encourages them". You have to admit there is a certain logic to it. By voting for the lesser of two evils we are giving our tacit permission for what that evil chooses to do...

If no one voted and no electors were elected how could they lawfully vote for a president? By voting aren't we a choosing our oppressors anyway? Have we been duped royally?Vote for oppressor A or oppressor B....
And we are so stupid we do it and think we must go along with the oppression cause we voted for it... An interesting thought...

It goes to Congress and they select the President.

There is always a way to select a President and always a next in line.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

It goes to Congress and they select the President.

There is always a way to select a President and always a next in line.

So we stop voting for congress too... Still I am not sure there is any provision for no one being elected. Congress next in line only applies if there is a sitting president that is killed or impeached etc.. If none were lawfully elected there is no provision to place one there as far as I can tell.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Except there are always sitting members of Congress. They are never all up for a vote at the same time.

The Constitution was very thourough in this regard.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I can't get past the fact that until we take back the old fashiioned count, we are fighting a loosing battle with the hope we may get "What We Voted For"

Americans' take on the Electronic Voting System...

Do you trust the count?

Did we get to vote on it as American Citizens? NO !!!!

It can me manipulated !!!! easier than a hand count !! Do you agree or disagree?

LASTLY .. If it is manipulated, NO ELECTION may be the decision of the American People !!

Something to think about !!! And think Hard !!!!!

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
reply to post by hawkiye

Except there are always sitting members of Congress. They are never all up for a vote at the same time.

The Constitution was very thourough in this regard.

When there terms are up then if no one votes then there is no congress either. I just reread section 1 and the 12th amendment and there is no provision for a popular vote. Electors are appointed by thier state legislatures. Which is why there is no law they have to select who the people voted for. The popular vote is a sham to appease the public to believe they have a say in who the oligarchy is. No wonder they think it is ok to stuff ballot boxes or lose millions of votes etc... The popular vote is not even lawful, It keeps the people off the backs of thier local legislators because they think they elected the president....

Reminded me why I quit voting...

if people actually nderstood this instead of being distracted by the popular vote non-sense we could save billions by noe having a popular vote and people would be a lot more attentive of who they vote into thier local legislatures.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye

In my humble opinion Americans ignore their best choices by not voting in the primaries. We could make a difference there. Some good people without name recognition or money bags do run. When I pick out one of these good people I am bombarded with those who tell me that I will be "wasting" my vote. This is a self-fulfulling prophecy

Mahree

top topics

<< 1   >>

join