It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Google Earth Thingie @ 22° 0'16.39"N, 51° 1'58.73"E

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Another Google Earth Thingie @ 22° 0'16.39"N, 51° 1'58.73"E

I found this out in the middle of the Rub' Al khali Desert in Saudi Arabia.
What do you make of it?

22° 0'16.39"N, 51° 1'58.73"E

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/037b0d824b62.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 8/20/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Nice dealy!

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
This could be the greatest Google Earth© Thingie® EVAR!

Please mods send this thread where it BELONGS!

The top of the Home Page!

S+F For an excellent thingie! I wish there were more thingies like this.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Looks like the H on a helipad?
Sorry no second

Trowa

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Could this have anything to do with the circle T clan? I heard the Tuscan Raiders on Tatooine tell stories about these folk...

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by sbctinfantry
This could be the greatest Google Earth© Thingie® EVAR!

Please mods send this thread where it BELONGS!

The top of the Home Page!

S+F For an excellent thingie! I wish there were more thingies like this.

Do you think it's a watermark on the image then?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrowaBarton
Looks like the H on a helipad?
Sorry no second

Trowa

It does, but it's literally out in the middle of nowhere:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/11d389171c71.jpg[/atsimg]

No roads, no buildings. Nothing. Why have a helipad out there?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
Do you think it's a watermark on the image then?

You're smarter than I initially gave you credit for. I wasn't sure you'd get the joke.

S+F for real this time

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Very nice find OP

I must confess to me this looks just like a helipad and would otherwise not be a big deal, but it's the location of said helipad that has me curious...

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
By the way, it's about 50 feet in diameter.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c677a82a29b7.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
You probably found a secret Saudi/American base.
oopsie.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Interesting.
Could be anything.
I know the Astronauts have discovered many ruins from space.
Usually by radar images. But this could be something that is under the sand, only leaving tiny traces at the surface.
Who knows..?

I myself like to make "expeditions" with Google Earth...I spent about a week traveling up the amazon.
Noticed lots of places that seemed wrong, for their locations...I think they may have been drop-off and pick up points for smugglers or something.
And I haven't even traveled along any of the mighty tributaries of the Amazon..

The interior of Australia is also other worldly looking..Very colorful mineral deposits.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   

It may be the top of a base/structure and you land on it then it descends undergound. Kind of like the platform they stand on in Akira to take them down to see Akiras remains........ That reminds me I haven't watched Akira in a long time. Regardless I have no clue but I guess my theory is as good as any.

Trowa

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
I found this out in the middle of the Rub' Al khali Desert in Saudi Arabia.
What do you make of it?

Over in the Middle East there's a lot of this "monument to self" stuff going on. People are actually carving their names and initials into the desert sands in the hope that it'll show up in Google Earth so they can show it off to their friends. Some people have too much time on their hands, LOL!

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   

It may be the top of a base/structure and you land on it then it descends undergound. Kind of like the platform they stand on in Akira to take them down to see Akiras remains........ That reminds me I haven't watched Akira in a long time. Regardless I have no clue but I guess my theory is as good as any.

Trowa

I'm not sure that would surprise me given the ridiculous sums of money the Saudi's have the throw around for anything that strikes their fancy. Aren't there at least 2 areas to the left of this circle/T thing that have more than one right angle? They look like the outline of buried buildings in an area that is apparently covered in loose blowing sand.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Now that's a Google Earth thingy if I've ever seen one. That is an interesting find.
I wish I had the patience to search Google Earth like that. There is no telling what else is out there waiting to be spotted.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Trowa

I'm not sure that would surprise me given the ridiculous sums of money the Saudi's have the throw around for anything that strikes their fancy. Aren't there at least 2 areas to the left of this circle/T thing that have more than one right angle? They look like the outline of buried buildings in an area that is apparently covered in loose blowing sand.

Remnants of Saudi Base Alpha?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/36b629c6fe86.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 8/21/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: edit photo

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Trowa

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1d43f036ee26.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
An Arabic copyright symbol. So no one can steal the name of their country and use it elsewhere. For instance, if you were to buy an uninhabited island and try to name it Saudi Arabia, they could sue you and become even richer. Where do you think their riches come from anyway? I rest my case....

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   

What does the Google Earth history function tell us, that is, during what year did the circle first appear in a satellite image? Perhaps it is a left over from a recent military conflict?

My local Google Earth installation is not functional at the moment otherwise I would investigate this myself.

Best regards,
Z

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join