It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rick Perry bombshell: Mr. “Christian family values” and his gay lovers.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by lostinau

Wrong.

First of all dont be so hypersensitive about your sexuality.

Secondly, it would be ridiculous to say "Involving everything from pedophilia to heterosexuality". Why? Because heterosexuality is not condemned by the Christian faith. This thread is written about a hypocrite who screams about his Christian values but who has allegedly been linked to blatantly unchristian behavior.

Stop being such an oversensitive drama queen and work on your reading comprehension.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by stonebutterfly
Why doesnt everyone lay off these peoples personal lives. I could care less where politicians stick thier whooohhasss to be frank. I think sexual orientation and pass time is none of our business! If hes bi what of it! Many christians are gay or bi or accept it. Thats his and his wifes problem. We need to stop slandering people based on sexual prefrence , lets slander them on political idiology.

Didn't Perry himself make sexual preference and gay marriage a political issue? ...Or do I have him confused with someone else?

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
You know some of you on here kill me. Half the time Alex Jones is a shill and the other half, he is a god! So which is it? Yeah, Prison Planet and his guest are a real credible source.

Let me ask this; how many straight men have ever visited a gay bar? Does that mean you were getting on in the back room? For all we know he was passing out condoms! Just because he promotes Christian values, it is open season on the man.

You people need to grow up and stop being so fearful of one's beliefs. There are a lot people who hold the view "Christians think they are better than everybody else". The truth is Christians realize how depraved and bad we are and we know we need a Saviour.
edit on 18-9-2011 by paxnatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Rick Perry is a Mount Everest of hypocrisy. He and the Texas Republican party trade HEAVILY on what they call "Christian family values" which is really religious authoritarianism regulating how people live their personal lives. Meaning they are very anti-stripper, anti-prostitute, anti-drug and anti-gay. They want to tax (strippers) or have heavy criminal penalties for all those activities. The platform of the 2010 Texas GOP wants to CRIMINALIZE homosexuality, which Rick Perry supports.

I personally am against gay marriage, but I am not for throwing homosexuals, drug users or prostitutes in jail. Rick Perry is a lifelong homosexual, coc aine user and a frequent customer of both male and female prostitutes.

thinkprogress.org...

As the hours tick down until Texas Gov. Rick Perry (R) announces his candidacy for the GOP presidential nomination, many outlets are speculating as to whether or not he will win the vote of the religious right with his vocal social conservatism. Just last month, he stirred up controversy with various Christian groups by flip-flopping on whether or not gay marriage should be legal. But Perry’s anti-gay record should speak for itself:

1. Perry has come down fiercely against gay marriage, both in Texas and nationally.

“Gay marriage is not fine with me,” Perry told Tony Perkins of the anti-gay Family Research Council last month. Contrary to his states’ rights rhetoric on issues like health care and education mandates, he is in favor of a federal amendment defining marriage as between a man and a woman. While serving as governor, he pushed for a constitutional ban on same-sex marriage in Texas. After voters approved the amendment, he signed it symbolically at a Christian school, declaring that now gay marriage is “beyond the reach of activist judges.”

2. He supports a Texas law that criminalizes sodomy, even though it has been unconstitutional since 2003.

When asked for his views on the 2002 U.S. Supreme Court decision ruling an anti-sodomy law unconstitutional, Perry responded with, “I think our law is appropriate that we have on the books.” He later blamed the decision on the Supreme Court’s “nine oligarchs in robes” in his second book, Fed Up! Texas lawmakers have introduced legislation to repeal the statute during three separate legislative sessions, and yet Perry has not supported any of them. In 2010, he even ran for re-election on a GOP platform explicitly supporting the criminalization of gay sex.

3. Perry criticized President Obama for signing hate-crimes legislation in 2010.

When running against U.S. Senator Kay Hutchinson in 2009, his campaign conducted a series of robocalls calling out Obama for “making homosexuality a protected class” by signing hate-crimes protections for the LGBT community into law. Instead, he is looking to hire Robert Black, one of his former staffers who is prone to hateful speech himself. Black made the papers in 1998 for likening the Log Cabin Republicans, a group of gay conservatives, to the Ku Klux Klan and characterizing the organization as “deviant.”

4. He is cultivating relationships with anti-gay hate groups.

As has been widely reported, the American Family Association–which the Southern Poverty Law Center has designated an “anti-gay hate group”–organized and funded in large measure Perry’s Aug. 6 prayer rally in Houston. The Response, which drew around 30,000 attendees, was also affiliated with pastors who described the gay movement as coming from the “pit of hell” and who blamed Hurricane Katrina on gays. He has also reportedly spoken with several members of the New Apostolic Reformation in a June closed-door meeting aimed at developing a counter-strategy to Obama in 2012. Rachel Maddow described anti-gay sentiment as “prominent in NAR preaching, where hurricanes, tornadoes, dead birds and the rise of the Nazis are all blamed on gays and lesbians.”

5. And if you don’t agree with him, Perry thinks you should live elsewhere.

When asked by a local NBC anchor for his response to the gay veterans protesting the new constitutional ban on same-sex marriage in 2005, Perry retorted, “Texans made a decision about marriage and if there’s a state that has more lenient views than Texas, then maybe that’s a better place for them to live.”

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Google "Lane Denton Rick Perry" and you will learn a lot. Lane Denton was one of Rick Perry's big time gay lovers. Lane Denton is a name you are going to be hearing a LOT about in the future. Rick Perry and Lane Denton used to go often to parties of rich homosexuals in New Orleans. One of Lane Denton's other gay lover's was New Orleans architect John Chrestia.

1) www.google.com...:en-us:IE-SearchBox&ie=&oe=

2) “Lane Denton nicknamed the TEXAS LONGHORN was a Perry staffer convicted of stealing from a TX trooper's funds $65K, and was sentenced to 20 years, after he threatened to "out" Perry his sentence MAGICLY changed from 20 years to COMMUNITY SERVICE...­.wink wink. Kay Bailey Hutchinson staffer also OUTED Perry. Lane Denton was lovers with an architect in New Orleans. Rick Perry also went REPEATEDLY to the private parties of wealthy gays in New Orleans...­I know eye witness to him being at those parties, and going to the baths.”

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
More on the Mt. Everest of hypocrisy front. Last month Rick Perry hired a former press spokesman and staff member ROBERT BLACK to do communications work for his presidential campaign. Robert Black has spewed some very anti-gay rhetoric in the past before going to work for Rick Perry, who I believe has been a promiscuous homosexual since high school at Paint Creek.

(Also, I have been the recipient of an unconfirmed rumor that Robert Black has also been one of Rick Perry's gay lovers. I doubt that, but with these Rick Perry jokers ANYTHING is possible.)

tfninsider.org...

Perry Campaign Aide’s Anti-Gay Smears
August 11, 2011
It looks like Texas Gov. Rick Perry has been staffing up for his soon-to-be-announced presidential campaign. The Texas Tribune reports that one expected member of the campaign’s press office is Robert Black, a former Texas Republican Party spokesman with a history of incendiary anti-gay statements.

In 1998 the Texas GOP barred Log Cabin Republicans, a gay Republican organization, from setting up a booth at the party’s state convention. (The state GOP also refused to allow the nonpartisan Texas Freedom Network to have a booth, by the way.) When asked to explain, Black — the party’s communications director at the time — called Log Cabin a “deviant group” and compared it to the Ku Klux Klan. And he didn’t stop there:

“We don’t allow pedophiles, transvestites and cross- dressers, either.”

Black was unapologetic and even dismissive of gay voters in a news article a few months later:

“Considering the traditional Republican principles against the homosexual lifestyle, we do not consider the gay vote to have that much of an effect on Republican politics.”

Perry should fit right in with other Perry associates. Last weekend Gov. Perry hosted a Christians-only prayer rally in Houston organized (at his request) by the American Family Association. The Southern Poverty Law Center has identified AFA as a virulent anti-gay hate group. One of AFA’s spokesmen has even suggested that gay people were responsible for the Holocaust.

edit on 18-9-2011 by RobertMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by RobertMorrow

I call BS, Robert! You just joined this site tonight, and here is something you need to know about ATS. If you have credible facts, which I doubt you do, then list them. Otherwise, this is just your opinion.

As far as accusing Perry of hate speech against Obama, if that isn't the "pot calling the kettle"! What a joke!! Obama has done more to divide the people than any other President in history! His goal is to implement class
warfare! He has done everything he can to place racism at the forefront of his agenda!

As far as the sodomy law goes, many states still have that one on the books, including Virginia, the place Obama calls home.

Your attack on Christians is nothing but tired rhetoric. If you have something to say worth debating, then start your own thread under the Religion forum. I would love to go a few rounds with you there.

This is nothing more than a smear campaign. Do you work for Attackwatch.com? You know the website for kindergartener's?

Pax

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join