It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Contact?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Icarus, we are still waiting with baited breath here, I am glad to see that your friend did get back to you and trusts you enugh with this info, even though you did bring it here haha.

Also I would like to thank the mods fr keeping this thread open this long, oftentimes when an over the top claim like this is made, the mods will freeze the thread until some mre info arises and thats the end we ever hear of it. Glad to see this still going.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by youdidntseeme

We know each other pretty well. I made it clear I was going to look into it on the web in this fashion and my friend knows I will be as discreet as I possibly can.

I'm glad the thread has been left open, too. The Gray Area is just the right forum for it.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Icarus Rising

How can anyone be discreet about potential disclosure???

(I know....im trolling again)
(no need to come back with a personal insult this time)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
I wonder what kind of modification was made to the guys radio in order to bring the signals through? And how he decided it was an alien language or different from the millions of other SSB signals out there on our noisy airwaves?

Great thread op. Really interesting, I hope something comes of it! Thanks!

edit on 23/8/2011 by Grifter81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   

I actually had considered that and was waiting to see how things pan out before coming to a conclusion on it.

Glad to hear it. It does pay to wait and see if the information can be verified and to be guarded whenever people volunteer such information for seemingly no apparent reason. I am aways especially wary of people who have military ties with special clearances etc. Having said that, it is not fair to assume all military personal are untrustworthy as there have been plenty of whistle-blowers who have risked their lives to pass on valuable information to the public. I'll be interested to see if anything comes of it. Thanks for the post.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   

The way it was told to me, the radio operator and the alien slowly worked out a way of communicating that is now at the third grade level. You're right, I don't know how this was done and I haven't had any further contact with my friend to this point.

WHOA! S&F for sure!

even at 3rd grade lvl, that's an 8 yr old language, fairly impressive ..

a bit of a wiki on read for this lvl and what may be involved ..

In reading, third grade students begin working more on text comprehension than decoding strategies. Students also begin reading harder chapter books. They read and distinguish between a variety of genres: realistic fiction, non-fiction, poetry, fantasy, historical fiction, science fiction and folktales.
Wiki

edit on 23-8-2011 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy

I still dont get how even the best cytologist could decipher an unknown alien language under these conditions...by conditions i mean "garbled" message.

Ever thought about the one on the other side of the signal?
If this story is true, we are dealing with a very very intelligent highly evolved alien lifeform we know nothing about. Doesnt it come to mind that maybe he/she was the one who deciphered our language?

Ofcourse it is almost impossible for an earthling to decipher an unknown alien language, but, if true, we are dealing with a lifeform here who is way way waaaayyyyy more ahead of us then we can ever imagine. For suchs beings it should not be that hard as it is for us. And besides that, being here must mean he is here on purpose. You dont accidentally enter the atmosphere of a planet with, coincidently, has intelligent life on it. And being here on purpose led me to also believe he or she has done some homework and already learned about us and our language before arrival.

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
I also find it incredibly funny that aliens would communicate via radio signals...especially if they are hiding and dont want to be found.

Whats funny about that? An alien surely knows that radio is one of the few things that assures contact. And who says it dont want to be found?

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by TheNetherlands

Whats funny about that? An alien surely knows that radio is one of the few things that assures contact. And who says it dont want to be found?

This from the OP

This goes on for a while and gradual progress is made until it slowly becomes clear the sender is saying it is an alien lifeform hiding out in the ionosphere!

hide 1 (hd)
v. hid (hd), hid·den (hdn) or hid, hid·ing, hides
v.tr.
1. To put or keep out of sight; secrete.
2. To prevent the disclosure or recognition of; conceal: tried to hide the facts.
3. To cut off from sight; cover up: Clouds hid the stars.
4. To avert (one's gaze), especially in shame or grief.

If it were hiding as the OP said he was told, then the last thing you would think it would do would be to give up its location.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

Yeah, its hiding. But what i meant was that maybe we are not what he wants to hide for.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by TheNetherlands

Yea i can see what your saying, but if you wanted to hide there are billions of other planets to hide on that are not inhabited.
Why would you come to a heavily populated planet to hide?

So i assume he was hiding from us

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   

I meant being discreet about divulging too many details as to my friends identity. I want to establish credentials without being so specific as to compromise anonymity. We have a communication gap, you and I.

I want to apologize for being so hard on you the last couple days. I haven't been feeling well and it is wearing on me. I have worked hard over my time on this board to be more civil and courteous, regardless of my perception of the motive and intent of other posters. I certainly didn't start out that way. I've reverted to some of that behavior in this thread, and that is not the way I want to come across anymore.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

I got the impression the hiding out part was versus coming in for a landing on terra firma and causing a major ruckus amongst the general population.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Icarus Rising

I meant being discreet about divulging too many details as to my friends identity. I want to establish credentials without being so specific as to compromise anonymity. We have a communication gap, you and I.

I want to apologize for being so hard on you the last couple days. I haven't been feeling well and it is wearing on me. I have worked hard over my time on this board to be more civil and courteous, regardless of my perception of the motive and intent of other posters. I certainly didn't start out that way. I've reverted to some of that behavior in this thread, and that is not the way I want to come across anymore.

Thank you and i too offer you my apology....no hard feelings dude, ive had a hard couple of days too, lots of things going on...moving home, thats really frustrated me

Fresh start

Sorry, i may sometimes misconstrue what you are saying....i may read too much into it also.

Did your friend manage to get any more information? Im subbed to this thread because it intrigues me and i want to know what happens.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I have been thinking abut this very much in the past few days. Trying to connect seemingly unrelated stories and trying to pinpoint something to speculate on. The only real world stories that I have found were the two that were linked to in this thread about the Canadian plane crash and the stealth snow machines that were being tested.

These stories now seem too blatant for me as cover stories, I am thinking that they are totally unrelated and that they are true at face value. If they are involved as part of cover up, just in case some info did leak out, they are most likely a red herring to get our attention up in the arctic, when in fact the real event was somewhere else altogether....

I am still getting all tin-foily on this, something I try hard not to do as it is not good for me haha

I hate you guys!

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

I posted my latest exchange with my friend yesterday. Nothing further on the original report. All that was said was Edwards AFB was in blackout amid a flurry of activity, and it seemed communications, especially via text, were being monitored for key words. That's it to date. Frustratingly little to go on.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

I posted my latest exchange with my friend yesterday. Nothing further on the original report. All that was said was Edwards AFB was in blackout amid a flurry of activity, and it seemed communications, especially via text, were being monitored for key words. That's it to date. Frustratingly little to go on.

Another 24 hours and still no update as I am assuming your friend has no further info, as if he did I am sure yu would have brought it forth, I'm afraid that this is as far as this news is ever ging to go. A simple claim of a word of mouth story followed by days and days of nothing.

This is not a jab at you Icarus, quite the contrary, I am very glad you did bring this forward, I just guess I should not be surprised when the story kind of died after its initial interest.

I still hold out hope for additinal details.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by youdidntseeme

I'd hazard a guess that once the restrictions have been relaxed even briefly or there's more ways of communication or even he could be waiting until more information is available to pass to IcarusRising, we may get more.

Unfortunately, if this is indeed the real deal then as huge as it is, nothing happens as quickly as we'd all like.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Yeah, the initial momentum of this call has dissipated. Very few details and little to go on. I'm glad I brought it here and shared it, though.

Its all wait and see now.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

reply to post by Kaiuk

I didn't say the DoD contacted my friend. I was told a source my friend has at the DoD made contact. I didn't say the radio operator understood the language. I was told it took a while to piece some rudimentary communication together. I was told, and forgot to mention until your post reminded me, that communication even now is at a third grade level, whatever that means.

Right now, I don't know if this is a hoax or not, I am just relaying what I've been told first hand by my friend. The only thing that makes it different is I am hearing this first hand from someone I know well. Its a first for me.

Actually you kinda alluded to the fact that he understood it. YOu said it eventually became clear that it was an alien hiding out someone in the ionosphere. If he's able to decipher that, it isn't a 3rd grade level. And someone correct me if I'm wrong, if the alien(lol) is actually in the ionosphere then he's over the location of the radio operator(within reason) as his communication would be limited to line of site. On a signal originating from earth or below the ionosphere the nave uses VLF radio waves and the ionosphere backscatters them allowing for communication across the horizon.

I am confused as to why a species capable of faster than light travel would hide in the ionosphere and attempt communication. If your hiding you don't want to be found so why give your position away? Doesn't make sense. I also find it surprising that he's using an antiquated method of communication(for him anyway). I also find it surprising that one of the US monitoring stations wouldn't pick up the transmission 1st. And it's "some guy". And you were told by an anonymous source.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by DrJay1975

Actually, I kinda just repeated the story as it was told to me as best I could. Too bad what happens doesn't always fit in with your suppositions and preconceived notions of how things should be. Not surprised you are confused. Remember, the way I was told, the alien is trying to contact us, so why wouldn't it use one of our methods of communication?

There are plenty of holes in this story, and to date I have no further information with which to to fill them. That's just the way it is. Believe what you will.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join