It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whoa, I think we really misinterpreted the meaning of this crop circle...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
everyone knows what happens OCT 29th, thank you for your theory, it works, watch out and be prepared for the cataclysms that will come

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by DivineIntervention

Don't you think just alittle, that if an advanced species way above us. One that can traverse space or dimensions. Don't you think their way beyond cryptic messages? Why would they draw cryptic pics in the dirt or a wheat field?

They would'nt. More along the lines of broadcasting over our own satellites. Why reach a few, when you could reach all? I mean their way more advanced than us, correct? Then why pics in the dirt? Makes zero logical sense.

If they wanted to communicate with us if they exist, they would. And i'm sure they would'nt go out into the wilds to do it. As one poster said. They would do it with math. Math that we could easily grasp, not cryptic pictograms in the damn dirt.

I can see an advanced species of " gaffiti artist" traveling around the universe mucking up the landscape, with pictograms of a cryptic nature. Just for #'s & giggles.

edit on 21-8-2011 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by openyourmind1262

agree 100% with you, i guess its just another date in the diary that will come and go and then this thread will sink its way down into the archives.
I might start one with a random date for about 3 years time, at least it will last a while

Nice work though OP but crop circles are usually a hippy/geeks way of creating conspiracies

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin
reply to post by Ghost375

Haha, We're arguing over 24hrs....in astronomical terms we're bickering over 24hrs??? It's nothing. Who says the Mayan calendar doesn't end on the 29th?

Personally, I like both theories. I saw the first theory relation to July 29 and it felt wrong, then MaxBlack posted his and it got NO notice, whereas I found it quite compelling.

Yours is as well, and hence why I will be holding onto both of these as I feel within me that they are very close to a true explanation.

I think its safe to say most of us feel October and November are going to be very important months for us...that much is for sure!

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by openyourmind1262

"Don't you think just alittle, that if an advanced species way above us. One that can traverse space or dimensions. Don't you think their way beyond cryptic messages? Why would they draw cryptic pics in the dirt or a wheat field? "

This is a standard argument trotted out for anything out of the mainstream and crop circles are of course such. First you need to understand what they are.

They are three things: fake, and there are a few.

Energy transformers, they work in the same way a circuit board does (If you don't understand that all things are energy that can be transformed, then skip this explanation as you are not there yet) and there are many that are of this type.

The last kind are messages, and most are for the collective consciousness and are NOT BILLBOARDS, think about where they can be seen from.....

The messages are NOT cryptic if you know how to read them. To me all computer programming is cryptic, I can't understand what is being said and why it isn't in english. Since there are hundreds of languages, and english is not the primary language, which language would you ask them to use? Since words are just symbols for accepted meaning anyway, what you see are words, you just don't understand them anymore then you'd understand Greek if it isn't your primary language.

Lastly, the message is for some, not all. There are a great many things I know, but the majority of the people on the planet will not understand what I say, as they are not there yet. The messages are not meant for everyone, if you can't read it, it isn't meant for you. So the argument about why the spacemen who travel millions of miles to be cryptic is largely a child's argument without a real grasp of what is really going on in the reality you live in.

It would be helpful for people to let go of the idea that the education the government gave them contains all one needs to understand every single thing they may encounter. The education, and the rather curious form of "logic" taught can't keep most out of debt on the earth plane, let alone explains things that are beyond that educational system. Yet, people act as if that crappy education is perfection, and that all things, in all realities, should stand up the bumper sticker deconstruction techniques that have created wholly implausible arguments like the one above.

When one sees something like the crop circle, be it man made or not, one should first say "interesting, I wonder what it means for me?" Then the need to say "I wonder why I don't already know what it means for me, or even for others." Instead we're taught to say "that's stupid, it doesn't mean anything, it's a hoax, or not science."

Why don't you know what the crop circles mean?

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
after looking at the OP and following the links, I was looking at the JPL Elenin link and realized something. The moon orbit is NOT present on the tool; why is this important, because the Moon is:

Perigee 362,570 km (0.0024 AU)
(356,400-370,400 km)
Apogee 405,410 km (0.0027 AU)
(404,000-406,700 km) Wiki Link

from Earth (center(?)

Looking at the Elenin tool, Elenin crosses Earth's orbit exactly on Oct 18th, but, the tool doesn't have the moon orbit and I can't locate the moons position for this particular day Oct 118th, 2011

If the moon was ANYWHERE NEAR where Elenin 'comet' crosses earth orbit, would it impact the moon ??

Can anyone else find a working model for the moon's position on this day and is it apogee or perigee ??

edit on 21-8-2011 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

Elenins distance is 0.23 AU (Which is 23 Million kilometres I think)....A very big gap between the moon and Elenin...unless the estimates are wrong of course.
edit on 21-8-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by crankyoldman

Sir, with all do respect. I don't know what they mean, because my drug & alchohol days have long past.

To say, "they would come and contact a certain few" who would understand and interpret it for all the rest of us is a cop-out. A way to bolster an arguement for the foolish science of crop-circles. If they wanted to contact you why not do it at your house or thrrough our computer? Why pics in the dirt or wheat?

Why would they do it covertly? It seems to me they would have zero to fear from contacting us. After all they are way more advanced, are they not? So why pics in the dirt? Why not ring Stephen Hawkins doorbell? Or just land and say howdy.

Pics in the wheat or dirt, normally way out of site of the nearest town, They would'nt. If they wanted to harm us. Then poof they would. WE would never ever know they existed if they did not wanting us to know. And pics in the dirt does not an advanced species make. Yea , I know too much logic. I can see an advanced species, landing on Mars and making a big stink out of the rover tracks," Where did they come from? What do they mean'? "It's the humans, their trying to let us know how stupid they are."' See it clearly states that in this track right over here. IMHO crop circles are a man made creation.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin
reply to post by Komodo

Elenins distance is 0.23 AU (Which is 23 Million kilometres I think)....A very big gap between the moon and Elenin...unless the estimates are wrong of course.
edit on 21-8-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

correct...but the 0.23 if from Elenin and earth.. not the moon the moon is @ Perigee 362,570 km (0.0024 AU)
(356,400-370,400 km)

that's ONLY 1km from the moon meaning it might strike the moon .....correct me if I'm wrong here on the math..

Moon= 0.24AU from earth
Elenin= 0.23AU from earth
0.01AU

could it be close enough to make moons orbit out of sync ?? or even worse strike it or graze the surface ??

edit on 21-8-2011 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

^^^ i watched all his vids and if hes right the alignment might be bad news. cant wait to see wut happens.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

I don't know if it has any significance but on aug 16th mecury, sun, and Venus was 23 degrees in constellation Leo. And I think mercury is in retrograde too.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

No, the moon is 0.0024AU and Elenin is 0.23 AU.....BIG DIFFERENCE.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
... And if we agree that a race from another world has pinned up a notice that's
telling us it's all over, then what?

By using their pulsing craft and 'magical forces' to create said notice, do they
high-tail out of Dodge and washing their six-fingered hands in the UFO washroom,
they telepathically say to each other "well, that's another ball notified"?

Why...?

Why would you lay down a sign that Amazonian rain-forest dwellers will never see?
What about the Mongolian sheep-herders?
What about the other species on the Earth...? species that don't have the ability to
soar above these enigmatic puzzles?

It seems these 'Spacefolk' either only care for online people, English summer-lovin'
tourists or they enjoy a sick joke.

Or.... it's a bunch of guys that have been turning up -whilst College is closed and
trying their hand at this marvelous artwork.
Your choice!

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Personally, I think crop circles are man made. Since their origination they have only become more and more elaborate. Does this not sound like an art or "science" created by man and improved upon as time goes along? ...it does to me. Perhaps there is a secret cult who worships geometric symbols and their references to the world and beyond with this being their way of worship and ritual. Not totally impossible nor implausible.

IF these were the beings who were considered to have ruled ages ago as many think, then why not communicate with us in the languages they must have communicated to their subjects way back when? Do they think us so ignorant that we do not have record or cannot decipher ancient languages and dialects?

If they are so advanced, why trash a field with a message that coveys meaning rather than in depth geometry and cryptic meanings for all to ponder and come to different conclusions. There are just too many things that don't add up for me. Until I see some concrete evidence I have to say man made.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
This is a interpretation by someone on another forum , who is running this thread since 2009 and claims to be from a "alternate universe" and says there world and our world are merging between 2011-2013. the events will start on September 9th, 2011. google the text below if interested, and it will lead you to the source thread....

Each enclosed circle represents a time-perspective (date), each unenclosed circle represents a space-perspective (world).

The larger circle on the bottom left represents September 29, 2011. Then, the last circle is October 28, 2011.

September 29 is the date when the Earth is shaken, not stirred, like a Bond.

October 18 (in the middle) is the date that we cross Earth's orbit.

October 28 is the date that Earth crosses our path.

It is also the date that a new cycle on the Mayan calendar ends, and the date of the end of Hebrew calendar (5772, which correlates to the height from the top to the bottom of what you call the Great Pyramid, in inches).

There are lots of other correlations as well, but the point is that any energy can have a physical expression, as 'crop circles', limestone pyramids, stone calendars, etc.

Such energies can also be expressed as heavenly bodies.

I will explain some of it.

The center of the expression represents your transitioning to the dream world.

The two worlds are becoming one.

Take a look at [ link to ssd.jpl.nasa.gov ]

and note the dates I've mentioned above, starting with September 29th. So, the middle sphere would be October 18th (when my orbit crosses yours) and the last sphere would be at the end of October (when your world crosses my path).

Just count the spheres. The size and position of the spheres mean something else, but perhaps you can figure it out.

The snake form is an other correlation with the dream world. In your ancient legends (such as your Bible) there is a serpent.

The original meaning of "sin" is nothing bad, it's just forgetfulness because you don't really remember your dreams. (I'm sure you can find this original definition somewhere.)

You are "punished" for your "sin" because you simply don't know that you're dreaming. If you remembered that you're dreaming then you'd realize that you can manipulate your experience (and, thus, no punishment).

Eating from the 'tree of knowledge of (remembering and forgetting)' is the simple act of dreaming.

You have other stories where someone eats an apple and falls into a deep sleep.

Snakes, in the oldest sense, represented "potent symbolic value". Dreams are thought of as symbolic, so the serpent form represents dreams. Other peoples attached 'deceit' to them, because they can also be deceitful.

Some legends are of a red dragon such as Nibiru. This serpent form also represents the dream world. The "planet of the crossing" can be thought of as crossing over into the dream world, not just crossing your orbit.

If you read some of your 'ancient' texts in this light they would make a lot more sense.

So, at the 'serpents' head the two worlds become one.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
reply to post by Akasirus

Your data is based on placing an arbitrary date as a reference point. Your arbitrary date was an astronomical event. There are hundreds of others of astronomical events taking place that could have been used instead.

Find 2 that fit into the crop circle like the 11th and 29th, respectively, of October.
Again, I didn't even know the Jupiter, earth, sun alignment was on the 29th, i thought it was the 28th.
These events fit like a key.

Ok, I'll play. After just 10 minutes of 'research', I was able to find a scenario that 'fit like a key'.

There is a full moon November 10th. Venus, Earth, and Mercury will all be in alignment on November 28th. Holy #!! Let me guess, you guys we're saving that, so when this prediction inevitably fails you can shift the goal posts again?

The problem is there are no bounds to narrow it down. It could be anything. Maybe the big circle represents a terrestrial event yet to happen? But let's say you limit it to only astronomical events, including cycles of the moon. There are literally dozens of events that follow a full moon by 18 days. I didn't even have to go farther than November, and for all we know this 'warning' could be for a an event 10 years down the line. You are working backwards from your predetermined date, when there is no reason to believe the first circle represents a full moon at all. There are dozens of other scenarios that would be just as logical. Assuming there really is an event, your arbitrary dates are no more likely than anyone else's.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Um, Venus, Mercury and Earth aren't in alignment.
Are you trying to be sarcastic?
You do have a link to the "How NOT to debunk a thread."
If you aren't being sarcastic, it sure is ironic.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Um, Venus, Mercury and Earth aren't in alignment.
Are you trying to be sarcastic?
You do have a link to the "How NOT to debunk a thread."
If you aren't being sarcastic, it sure is ironic.

According to this site, they are: Planetary Alignments 2011. Admittedly, it is 1 day off, though many other sources put your alignment off by as much as 3 days.

As I said, it did not take me long to find that info. Though even if that source is incorrect, my point still remains. Here is another scenario to further illustrate: there will be a full moon September 12th. 18 days later, there is a planetary conjunction of Venus and Saturn as seen from earth on September 30th.

As to your comment about the thread in my signature, I have no problem discussing this as a possibility. I do, however, have a problem with you declaring your theory to be 'better' and more likely than another users, when they both have the same likelihood (which is to say very little, given the sheer number of possible interpretations). If you had read my other thread, you would realize my main point is to keep an open mind, not to throw rational thinking out the window. There are so many events that 'fit like a key'. If you wants us to give any credence to your theory, you must also accept other theories that employ similar methods to yours.

Besides, my purpose here is not to 'debunk' anything; this is a prime example of an unfalsifiable claim anyways. I just stated that I do not see how the interpretation you denounced is any less valid than yours, or why this 'new' interpretation should be given more weight than the old one, which obviously didn't pan out. By pointing these things out, you will hopefully be inclined to better explain your position, or revise your theory so it is on more stable ground.
edit on 22-8-2011 by Akasirus because: Fixed Pronouns

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   

First, the Mercury, Venus, Earth alignment is on the 14th of November.

If you had read my other thread, you would realize my main point is to keep an open mind, not to throw rational thinking out the window. There are so many events that 'fit like a key'. If the OP wants us to give any credence to his theory, he must also accept other theories that employ similar methods to his.

I clearly looked closely at that person's theory, never dismissed it but rather stated that I think mine is more viable, and gave my reasons for believing so. I can't have opinions? I clearly said imo.

And that Earth, Venus, Saturn alignment is interesting. What I find particularly interesting is it ends on the date that the other guys begins.
But again, it doesn't take into consideration all aspects of the crop circle, such as mine does.

edit on 22-8-2011 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   

First, the Mercury, Venus, Earth alignment is on the 14th of November.

If you had read my other thread, you would realize my main point is to keep an open mind, not to throw rational thinking out the window. There are so many events that 'fit like a key'. If the OP wants us to give any credence to his theory, he must also accept other theories that employ similar methods to his.

I clearly looked closely at that person's theory, never dismissed it but rather stated that I think mine is more viable, and gave my reasons for believing so. I can't have opinions? I clearly said imo.

And that Earth, Venus, Saturn alignment is interesting. What I find particularly interesting is it ends on the date that the other guys begins.
But again, it doesn't take into consideration all aspects of the crop circle, such as mine does.

edit on 22-8-2011 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

Numbers are a funny thing, its amazing how many different things they can tell you, depending on what you're looking for.

For example, let's look at my September dates. The big circle on the left would be labeled September 12th, for the full moon. It would count up, and the 3 circles in the middle would represent the conjunction of Earth/Saturn/Venus on September 30th.

There are 18 circles in the first half, before you get to the conjunction of Earth/Venus/Saturn. These 18 dates are all in September. 18 , or 1 + 8 = 9, 9 for September. The last 10 circles all represent dates in October. A 10 for October. If you add up all the dates in the 10 circles from October, you get 55. 5 + 5 = another 10 for October.

I'm sure there are many other ways my example 'takes into consideration all aspects of the crop circle', these are all just completely off the cuff.

Do you still have faith in your interpretation being the best conclusion we can arrive at? What made you decide to narrow it to a window in October, instead of maybe sometime next year, or even 5 years later?

ETA: To address your question 'I can't have opinions?' (which I assume was rhetorical) yes, obviously you can. We all have opinions. But the purpose of forums as I understand them, is to share your opinions, challenge them, and through discourse refine or change your opinions in light of this new perspective. It was your opinion yours was more valid, it is my opinion it wasn't. Hopefully we can come to some form of understanding,
edit on 22-8-2011 by Akasirus because: See ETA

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join