It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whoa, I think we really misinterpreted the meaning of this crop circle...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
It's kind of funny. I normally just avoid the crop circle threads, unless it has a ton of flags like that one.
I just never really thought much of them, most of the time because they look like a cool design without any meaning, and I really didn't believe aliens had visited before. I never ruled out the possibility though.

Why don't they just speak English or fly around major cities?
1. Why not speak in numbers? Numbers are the language of the universe. But anyways, most of the message isn't even in numbers, the important things to note are the symbol representing the full moon, and the alignment, and the difference in days between the two.
2. Whoever said that for them it is illogical for these beings to not use a language we know, well maybe through their logic they think the best action is to remain discrete and use hidden(It wasn't even that hidden) messages that anyone of any race or ethnicity can decipher?
3. If they flew around major cities, people would freak out.

For a second, let's say it's just a hoax. Why not make the message come out to read October 28th? that date has been getting a lot of mention around these boards, and around the web.
I know people do stuff for $#!7$ and giggles but this seems too detailed and thought out for your run of the mill hoaxster. But again, I don't have much experience with crop circles.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fazza!
October the 28th 2011 could be the end of the Mayan calendar instead of 21st December 2012, many threads on it:

- The D4rk Kn1ght / October 28, 2011 / 10/28/2011 Mega Thread
- 21st December 2012 is the wrong date. End of the Mayan calender is actually 28th October 2011
- 21 dec 2012 could actually be 28 oct 2011
- The real end date 10-28-2011
- Why Believe MSM on 2012 Dec 21 Date, some say OCT 28 2011

Originally posted by MaxBlack
reply to post by Nikola014

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/da310963654b.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 21/8/2011 by Fazza! because: (no reason given)

Whoa.. that's wild, I have never heard of this!

Thanks for providing these links!

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
It's kind of funny. I normally just avoid the crop circle threads, unless it has a ton of flags like that one.
I just never really thought much of them, most of the time because they look like a cool design without any meaning, and I really didn't believe aliens had visited before. I never ruled out the possibility though.

Why don't they just speak English or fly around major cities?
1. Why not speak in numbers? Numbers are the language of the universe. But anyways, most of the message isn't even in numbers, the important things to note are the symbol representing the full moon, and the alignment, and the difference in days between the two.
2. Whoever said that for them it is illogical for these beings to not use a language we know, well maybe through their logic they think the best action is to remain discrete and use hidden(It wasn't even that hidden) messages that anyone of any race or ethnicity can decipher?
3. If they flew around major cities, people would freak out.

For a second, let's say it's just a hoax. Why not make the message come out to read October 28th? that date has been getting a lot of mention around these boards, and around the web.
I know people do stuff for $#!7$ and giggles but this seems too detailed and thought out for your run of the mill hoaxster. But again, I don't have much experience with crop circles.

because it goes against it's own logic. the main point being...earth is just so important. but not quite important enough to learn the language. earth is about the be destroyed, but we won't just have a press conference, we'll just destroy people's ability to feed themselves. and yea we wouldn't want to freak people out...let's just let Elenin hit them. yea ok. and since math is the language of the galaxy (i don't know who decided that but whatever), why don't they just leave a message something like "1+1=your ass is grass". that seems like a real clear message to me.

just sayin...
edit on 21-8-2011 by lkpuede because: asdf

edit on 21-8-2011 by lkpuede because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by SouthernRain55

Give the guy credit here

I have read all the replies so far, and it amazes me that NO ONE has mentioned your post. Whether I put faith in either finding, I have to say, I would lean more towards your point of view. I just wanted to say thank you for taking the time to share your findings with us. I appreciate the photo with your dates added as well...visuals like that are always nice to have when considering someone's theory.

That's definitely an interesting post. I would have to side with my date, though. hehe, not just because it's mine.
For one, the dates he picked seem arbitrary. I used astronomical events to start the dates. He just assumed that October 28th is the end date of the mayan calendar and stuck it in there.
edit on 21-8-2011 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Even though I have thought to myself that some of these crop circles over the years seemed beyond human capabilities, the whole situation with this phenomena has boiled down to this: absolutely nothing has changed on this planet despite decades of spirographs popping up all over the place.

We still have 7 billion people burning the resource candle of this planet at both ends. We have no drive to pull ourselves together as a species and focus our efforts to improve our collective lot in life. We continue to allow billions of ourselves to live in utter misery, and millions of us today are starving to death.

I could go on and on, but I´m sure most of you get the picture. Crop circles at best are interesting sudoko puzzles with absolute no relevence on our day to day lives.
edit on 21-8-2011 by fockewulf190 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by SouthernRain55

Give the guy credit here

I have read all the replies so far, and it amazes me that NO ONE has mentioned your post. Whether I put faith in either finding, I have to say, I would lean more towards your point of view. I just wanted to say thank you for taking the time to share your findings with us. I appreciate the photo with your dates added as well...visuals like that are always nice to have when considering someone's theory.

That's definitely an interesting post. I would have to side with my date, though. hehe, not just because it's mine.
For one, the dates he picked seem arbitrary. I used astronomical events to start the dates. He just assumed that October 28th is the end date of the mayan calendar and stuck it in there.
edit on 21-8-2011 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

There is nothing wrong with you choosing the other one. I couldn't make an educated guess if I tried. This is absolutely out of my territory, I think its important to hear all theories and then each perosn must make up their mind on what they feel to be true.
I have to admit that your interpretation of the crop circle intrigued me as well. But like I said...this is out of my ordinary and I normally don't even look at these kinds of threads but this one kept popping up in "recent posts".
May I ask why you think the person just assumed October 28th is the end date of the Mayan calendar? Some would say there is evidence that proves this.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by fockewulf190
Even though I have thought to myself that some of these crop circles over the years seemed beyond human capabilities, the whole situation with this phenomena has boiled down to this: absolutely nothing has changed on this planet despite decades of spirographs popping up all over the place.

We still have 7 billion people burning the resource candle of this planet at both ends. We have no drive to pull ourselves together as a species and focus our efforts to improve our collective lot in life. We continue to allow billions of ourselves to live in utter misery, and millions of us today are starving to death.

I could go on and on, but I´m sure most of you get the picture. Crop circles at best are interesting sudoko puzzles with absolute no relevence on our day to day lives.
edit on 21-8-2011 by fockewulf190 because: (no reason given)

exactly. they are art, planned and made by people who lust for fame and glory. but they have evolved into allowing people, who otherwise feel useless, to have a purpose. they assign some otherwordly message to these works of art, that only they can see of course, and thereby have a reason to live.

and you have made a very important point...when has a single one of these things ever, EVER proved to be useful for anyone other than people on ATS and sites of their ilk. the answer? never.

it's kinda like that guy who decided the world was gonna end on May 21. when May 22nd shows up, then they just come up with some other date. and fortuantely for them., no one remembers the bs they spouted last week. it's actually quite remarkable how no one, but NO ONE actually applies any kind of logic to this drivel.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SouthernRain55

May I ask why you think the person just assumed October 28th is the end date of the Mayan calendar? Some would say there is evidence that proves this.

Well, that's what I thought as well. I meant to say that he assumed that October 28th represented the final circle of the snake. It was an arbitrary, "based on random choice or personal whim, rather than any reason or system", placement. I wouldn't be surprised if a calendar that old is off by a day.
I've known for sometime that the full moon was on the 11th, and I thought on October 28th was the alignment between Jupiter, Earth, and sun. I was wrong. The date of perfect alignment is actually the 29th.
So my placement of the dates is based on astronomical events. His were based on the belief that the end date of the mayan calendar is October 28th.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by radkrish

LOL all i have to say to that is the following:
WHACKY AND WAVING INFLATABLE ARMS TUBE MAN!

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Hi

I believe crop circles are made by humans. There may be a message in them waiting to be deciphered but it will be a message from humans to humans.

I am open to the possibility that an unknown natural phenomenon may cause a small percentage of them, like cymatics does with sound and vibration www.youtube.com...
However, if this was the case they would appear worldwide and not primarily in the south-west of England.

I have an open mind though.
Do you know of any proof that crop circles aren't made with a plank and a stick?
Why would an alien species or some other sort of intelligence, which is knowledgeable in Earth's history and cultures (and therefore our languages) communicate with us in such an obtuse way?
Why not just write words in the fields?
Why just fields in England?
Why use fields in the first place?

These are some of the reasons that I believe circles are made by people.

Cheers

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

reply to post by SouthernRain55

Well, that's what I thought as well. I meant to say that he assumed that October 28th represented the final circle of the snake. It was an arbitrary, "based on random choice or personal whim, rather than any reason or system", placement. I wouldn't be surprised if a calendar that old is off by a day.
I've known for sometime that the full moon was on the 11th, and I thought on October 28th was the alignment between Jupiter, Earth, and sun. I was wrong. The date of perfect alignment is actually the 29th.
So my placement of the dates is based on astronomical events. His were based on the belief that the end date of the mayan calendar is October 28th.

Your data is based on placing an arbitrary date as a reference point. Your arbitrary date was an astronomical event. There are hundreds of others of astronomical events taking place that could have been used instead.

His date is based off placing an arbitrary date as a reference point. His arbitrary date is one of the proposed end dates of the mayan calandar.

Both of you are taking an unrelated date that you came to pick outside of the information that was given to you, and working backwards from there. I fail to see why one arbitrary date has merit over the other, simply because is was astronomical instead of Mayan in origin.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by radkrish

from what i remember, Enki was also Quetzlcoatl among numerous other Titles.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Akasirus

Your data is based on placing an arbitrary date as a reference point. Your arbitrary date was an astronomical event. There are hundreds of others of astronomical events taking place that could have been used instead.

Find 2 that fit into the crop circle like the 11th and 29th, respectively, of October.
Again, I didn't even know the Jupiter, earth, sun alignment was on the 29th, i thought it was the 28th.
These events fit like a key.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Something is definitely going to kick off in the first half of November 2011, we already knew about the Anonymous CIA attack on Facebook to take down social media on the 5th November, then the FEMA drill to take over TV/Radio on 9th November (119). Now you've mentioned the 8th November after studying the crop circle.

Stock up on food before November guys!

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

I looked at your crop circle picuture and I have to say it looks "home made".

If we really want to mess with aliens then we should stop reading crop circles and start writing them. My apologies to farmers and their lost crops.

Despite what they say most crop circles are not "delivery".

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
If they're not board and planks, could they be made by someone into the arts and someone who can fly a copter?
Like maybe flashing a laser through a stencil ?

Prince 'Arry and Kate, you two would fill the bill. Are you the ones joking around wi' us?

edit on 21-8-2011 by aboutface because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant
If anything is going to happen at all my guess is it will happen on 11 11 11 at 11:11
I hope it doesn't interrupt my game time as I will be playing the new release Elder Scrolls: Skyrim on that day.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
It's part of a series. In terms of imagery it looks like some dragon has rearranged the state of the yin-yang (consciousness). Also there is a pale horse (Cherhill) , what looks like a THC molecule, an alien with seven rays and/or pathways around it's head, and of course pipe smoking. Off world dragonsmusic fans, perhaps.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

Haha, We're arguing over 24hrs....in astronomical terms we're bickering over 24hrs??? It's nothing. Who says the Mayan calendar doesn't end on the 29th?

Personally, I like both theories. I saw the first theory relation to July 29 and it felt wrong, then MaxBlack posted his and it got NO notice, whereas I found it quite compelling.

Yours is as well, and hence why I will be holding onto both of these as I feel within me that they are very close to a true explanation.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

Originally posted by newcovenant
If anything is going to happen at all my guess is it will happen on 11 11 11 at 11:11
I hope it doesn't interrupt my game time as I will be playing the new release Elder Scrolls: Skyrim on that day.

Yes, yes, my friend. I certainly hope that you will.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join