It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

History channel announce Secret Access: UFOs on the Record

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
History channel announce Secret Access: UFOs on the Record
History Channel

August 25th at 8pm EST - 2 hour special

The History channel have announced a two-hour special which airs on Thursday, August 25 at 8 p.m. ET, featuring in-depth accounts from people who are willing to risk their jobs and reputations to speak out about their extraordinary experiences. Here’s the press release from the History channel… 95% of all UFO sightings can be explained. The rest cannot… and they demand to be taken seriously.

SECRET ACCESS: UFOs ON THE RECORD

Two-hour special premieres Thursday, August 25 at 8 p.m. ET on HISTORY

History is filled with accounts of new phenomena that are misunderstood and ridiculed.

Galileo was charged with heresy for his observations about the universe. Einstein’s general theory of relativity was dismissed by many as a conspiracy.

Now, a former Air Force general, a retired Air Force colonel, a former FAA executive, and other credible witnesses are stepping forward to reveal something that nobody would believe: first-hand encounters with UFOs.

They’ll tell their stories in SECRET ACCESS: UFOs ON THE RECORD, a two-hour special premiering Thursday, Thursday August 25 at 8 p.m. ET on HISTORY.

The film features in-depth accounts by people who are willing to risk their jobs and reputations to speak out about their extraordinary experiences, such as former Arizona Governor Fife Symington III; Nick Pope, former head of the British Defense Ministry’s UFO Investigative Unit, and others.

Commentary is provided by investigative journalist Leslie Kean, author of the NY Times bestseller UFOs: Generals, Pilots and Government Officials Go On the Record, who spent ten years studying the UFO phenomenon and bringing together high level sources from around the world.

Sightings of strange lights and darting orbs are reported from all over the world, and most are easily explained. But a few other cases present evidence that UFOs are real. SECRET ACCESS: UFOs ON THE RECORD focuses on claims that cannot be ignored: sightings over a nuclear-armed military base near Phoenix, a forest in England, a small city in Belgium.

These remarkable eyewitness stories are illustrated with actual source materials such as footage, radar images and voice recordings from NASA, the Air Force and the FAA.

Go to link above for the rest of the article.

We have yet another show coming out that touches on this topic. From the article it looks like it might be pretty decent.

Thought people might be intrested in this....

edit on 20-8-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Thanks for the heads up. I never would have known until after it aired, since I don't have a TV. There is so much of this UFO/alien stuff showing up in mainstream lately, its rather unusual.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Thanks for the reminder. There is a bunch of people waiting to see that.

We'll have to all follow up post-show and discuss it. I'm hoping it turns out to be pretty good with relevant speakers, not "the lady that cleans the bathrooms" at XYZ Corp, said she saw the aliens, haha

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Sounds like good watching. My only concern is, if they were telling the 'truth' on this show, then wouldn't the government make sure that it never aired? I am hoping what they say in the doco is all true, but if it was, I doubt it would be allowed to air.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gar1986
Sounds like good watching. My only concern is, if they were telling the 'truth' on this show, then wouldn't the government make sure that it never aired? I am hoping what they say in the doco is all true, but if it was, I doubt it would be allowed to air.

I think letting the show air would attract less suspicion than the government telling a broadcast outlet they cant air something.

Either way I am looking forward to it..

The only thing that would make it better is if the aliens showed up at the after show discussion to tell us where we got it wrong and where we got it right

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
To the people still complaining about not getting disclosure?
You've gotten your disclosure already, you just aren't ready for it.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I wonder if this is similar or a repeat of the 2010 National Press Club conference. I believe that one was spearheaded by Steven Greer.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Don't know how this is possible but I've watched it already...

I PVRed it and watched it through. It's a good watch.

Pred...

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by predator0187
I PVRed it and watched it through. It's a good watch.

Any smoking guns in there pred???

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Krusty the Klown

No. Some good people interviewed, and some new 'evidence' presented, I was going to watch it twice but my wife deleted it. I'll end up downloading and watching again, and I don't do that with a lot of UFO docs... I liked 'I know what I saw', that one was interesting.

Definite watch though, any information on UFO's is always good to see on mainstream channels.
I think they did a new one on Roswell recently, and it was good as well.

Pred...

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Wow, seems the ET/UFO agenda is being pushed even more lately. Definitely interested in seeing this!
I enjoy the personal account UFO sightings - To think all the people who have come out to talk about what they witnessed are liars or simply mis identified what they saw doesnt seem logical to me.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Hi all, I'm a noob :-) Post #1 here.

Anyhow, I think it's high time there are some quality programs dealing with this issue. There is no doubt whatsoever that classified projects simply cannot account for all the unexplained sightings. Very few, in fact. I only hope they've thrown into the mix the sighting by "Gordo" Cooper and his Edwards AFB ordeal as well. I think these were profound incidents coming from a national hero.

I'd also like to see some attention brought forth about Sen. Richard Russell's flying saucer sighting in the Ural Mountains in 1955. These couldn't have been anything other than flying saucers... he saw two, or the same one twice. Plus, he drew a picture upon filing a report. He had enough cognizance to study what he was seeing so he could relay it to those whom it may have concerned.

All in all, I think this is basically a film companion to Leslie Kean's book (which was pretty damn good).

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
I doubt we will learn anything new.
More non-disclosure BS.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra 95% of all UFO sightings can be explained. The rest cannot… and they demand to be taken seriously.

thats interesting, I wonder how many of the explanations include hallucination? If hallucinations haven't been included then that leaves a much lower percentage than 5% as unexplained....

Studies of hallucinatory experience in the sane go back to 1886 and the early work of the Society for Psychical Research,[1][2] which suggested approximately 10% of the population had experienced at least one hallucinatory episode in the course of their life. More recent studies have validated these findings

Hallucinations in the sane

Hope this airs in the UK soon, I'll be watching it when it does!
edit on 22/8/11 by Versa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Regarding that 10 percent who have experienced an hallucinatory episode:

Assuming all 10% had a vision of something out of the realm of accepted reality, why assume it's merely 10%? Why can't it be 20%, of which the other 10% had visions of real things such as bombers, birds, clouds or other sundry things? In such a senario who's to say they actually hallucinated anything at all? They wouldn't know because they're seeing everyday things. This is, of course, assuming they are indeed sane.

The point being that if someone claims to have seen a formation of bombers fly over at high altitude no one tells them they are hallucinating. Why would they simply be hallucinating if they see a formation of disc shaped vehicles fly over at high altitude? And why, oh why, did camera's have a tendency to hallucinate? Some of the old film footage is far too compelling.

Something was flying around that simply had no easy explanation. The easiest explanation was E.T. surveillance. Is it correct? I don't know. Is it impossible? Hardly.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Have definitely noticed an increase in exposure to UFO/ET related mention in the media in recent times.. whenever something like this is announced I always get my hopes up

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Now, a former Air Force general, a retired Air Force colonel, a former FAA executive, and other credible witnesses are stepping forward to reveal something that nobody would believe: first-hand encounters with UFOs.

Would be nice if some new faces stepped forward. But I suspect we're going the see the same old, well-known, alleged ufo witnesses we've seen before. In which case it would be pure dupery to assume that they risk their employment by once more repeating what they had told the public over and over again before.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Cool. Thanks - I'll be there...

(and BTW - it's NOT related to the Greerfest previously aired -not 2010 either).

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I might miss it so please make a note of which 'NASA astronaut tapes' they used -- the hoaxed ones or the misrepresented ones?

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
The shows about 15 minutes in. Rendlesham Forrest so far.
Posting to bump in case you guys forgot to watch.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join