It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FL Sheriffs Association responds to Libertarian Party of Florida's demands to arrest TSA workers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
There was a thread on ATS concerning the Libertarian Party of Florida's demand to Florida sheriffs to arrest TSA workers, citing a breach of the 4th amendment, as well as Florida's sexual battery laws. The LPF staged a protest in Daytona Beach, the site of the annual Florida Sheriff's Association, where the sheriffs gave their response.

As the speaker notes, this kind of attitude can ultimately lead to the states giving up all sovereignty and lead to total control by Washington. Thoughts?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by FSBlueApocalypse

What do you mean give them up. They have already been taken. Maybe you should do some research its not like its been hidden.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by redrose123

Maybe something more substantive than do some research?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Well there you have it. Now will people stop flying like I`ve always said to do long ago.

It`s time to drive or just stay home.
I see jets going over all the time thinking to myself good little sheep on that jet.
Resistance is useless. Now let me touch your junk.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
What's with Barney Fife's car in the background?

I do not like the way TSA abuses the power given to them.

A County Sheriff would have no say in Federal Law.

This must be changed by Congress.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Reply to post by whyamIhere

Actually, a county sheriff can override federal law, if federal law is unconstitutional.

disinter.wordpress.com...

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Connman
Well there you have it. Now will people stop flying like I`ve always said to do long ago.

It`s time to drive or just stay home.
I see jets going over all the time thinking to myself good little sheep on that jet.
Resistance is useless. Now let me touch your junk.

Maybe more people will stand up for the protection of their civil liberties, and less people will mock them for attempting to do so.

That seems like the more productive thing to do to me.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Btw this is the original thread concerning the Libertarian Party of Florida's call to arrest TSA workers

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Serious question

The thread proclaiming the LPF's challenge gets almost 100 flags and dozens of pages od discussion, yet the response currently has crickets. What gives ATS?

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Propping this up one more time to let people know we're doing things outside of internet forums

new topics

top topics

join