It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oil spotted in Green Canyon area.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
www.foxbusiness.com...

BP and other oil and gas explorers in the Green Canyon area of the Gulf were asked to investigate the source of the sheen, which is a shiny film on the surface of the water that could derive by an oil leak or spill.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Are their any pictures? If its red oil then we know where it came from.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

BP issued a quick and emphatic denial Thursday after reports began circulating on the Internet about new leaks in its Macondo well, source of a massive Gulf of Mexico oil spill last year. "None of this is true," the British oil giant said in a statement in response to reports it had deployed boats and containment boom to the well site. It noted the well was capped in July of last year, permanently sealed in September, and continues to be monitored.

BP denies report of oil leak in Gulf

If you look at the link I posted above. It has a picture of it. It looks red to me.

Also from that link.

BP also downplayed speculation that an oily sheen spotted elsewhere in the Gulf late last week was fed by leaks in two of its exploration wells, plugged years ago, in Green Canyon block 504 off the coast of central Louisiana.

edit: sorry, that photo is from 2010, but I'll leave this here for reference
edit on 8/20/2011 by digitalbluco because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
In this thread I started the other day on page 4 is a post I put there today where BP denies that any of this is their oil.

You believe them?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
The gulf is VERY close to exploding out of control as a result of the ONGOING oil spill that has caused the area to become highly unstable. Fortunately there will be help from our space family (yes, extraterrestrial friends) who will lower their craft to evacuate people in danger of the coming cataclysms.

I realize this may seem outlandish but please take heed.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Hmmmm.....guess what is in the Green Canyon site....The Atlantis oil rig....the one which everyone has been worried about. During my recordings of the Macondo well (from the BP "live feed")....many times, BP's feed would be labled "Atlantis" by (mistake?)....and after a few minutes, they would correct it to say "Macondo 252"......I have it on video.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
A new oil sheen was spotted in the Gulf of Mexico, although energy company BP said Thursday the discovery had nothing to do with its operations and was far from the site of its disaster-hit Macondo well. A spokesman for another company involved in investigating the sheen said he believed it had already dissipated since being first spotted last week.

top topics

join