It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul supporters blast back with over $1 million and counting

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

I really don't want to stray too far off topic here, but I think this is important.

Just for grins, I tried finding out where all these "votes" are coming from on "realpolitics.com" From the links provided on the top 5 "sources" they use on that website, I clicked on every one and decided I'd try to get an answer on where these numbers are coming from. Here are the results I got:

Fox news - 904 live telephone calls

Rassmussen - Voice broadcasting method, no amount of calls mentioned that I could find.

CNN- 1008 phone calls on aug 5-7th

USA today/Gaullup - no info given on procedure for obtaining results.

McClatchy/Marist - unlcear. No immediate info on where these polls are conducted..

So if we assume that each "poll" was around 1000 live phone calls or a voice broadcast solution, we can assume that is around 5000 votes, no??

Most polls indicated an error margin of 3-7%

Just from what I'm finding out, I don't think this is a very reliable way to say what the "national averages" are. Well, considering there are around 130-200+ million eligible voters in the U.S. (well, according to this: wiki.answers.com...)

edit on 20-8-2011 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Fair enough and a very logical way to approach the issue. However it should be noted that their system of determining the rankings has been very accurate in the past so that must be considered. Feel free to look at their past polls and see how it worked out.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

I can't really blame realpolitics on the figures they receive from their sources. What I can say tho, is that I work in the VOIP dialer industry and often refer clients to leads companies. One thing I'm wondering about is where these outlets are getting their leads from.

Leads (phone numbers) aren't free to obtain believe it or not. If they are conducting telephone polls it is highly possible to obtain numbers with a specific sway in politics. I'm not saying that is what's happening here, but it certainly is possible.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

I am not endorsing any polling site, I was only responding to the person that asked for proof.

I enjoy doing that when they don't believe me

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Yeah I know, I've seen you enjoying it in almost every Ron Paul thread.
I'm just throwing it out there for you (and myself), and others. I've been wondering about these averages that have been thrown around so I just had to look in to it a little more...

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Well I have my doubts about how they obtain their information but I've watched them long enough to know that they usually get pretty close.

However there are times when they start calling races early (Gore and Bush) that clearly shows how their information is not dead on. Kinda hard to figure out but i've also never tried.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ThichHeaded

You're discounting what has happened in the past 4 years.

Information changes hands much quicker than it did 4 years ago. And you know full well, that even 4 years ago, his campaign was very successful. So, take those numbers, add 4 years of evolution in communication, and maybe then you'll get a picture of what is going to happen this time around.

Heck, 4 years ago there were barely any smartphones, as iPhone 1 came out in 2007. Now, it's estimated that 1 in 2 Americans Will Have a Smartphone by Christmas 2011. Tablets are gaining huge popularity. Twitter has grown exponentially and so has Facebook - YouTube as well, but I don't think I need to cite you on that one. Sites like Blogger, Tumblr, and Wordpress, and SquareSpace all gaining momentum. I could go on and on.

So ya, maybe that paints a clearer picture for you. And remember, that isn't accounting everything.

2012 is not 2008.

And we still have a year to go with this thing.

Peace

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by BeyondPerception

Well i'm watching since I don't know anymore than you how it will turn out. Strange things have happened in past elections so it's always possible.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

www.cnn.com...

He got more than 3% in several states. He took 2nd in a handful of states. Just imagine if he had press coverage the numbers could have easily doubled. This year I would expect a solid 15% across most states. If he had press coverage double that.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I wish I could donate on the site, I guess I could send cash over there but I doubt it'd make it safely, to be honest, and the extra costs incurred would make it pointless. I never even considered donating money to any politician in this country, let alone anyone else's. This is how strongly I think Ron should win for the sake of the world, not just the US. It's more important than choosing the prime minister of this country, the way I see it.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Need another 50m just for advertising!!

Also its not just a person who says the right things thats required but a new model of politics and economics. Yet to be defined... "FAIRSHARE-ISM" if you want effective, empathic and sustainable change!!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by AR154
I wish I could donate on the site, I guess I could send cash over there but I doubt it'd make it safely, to be honest, and the extra costs incurred would make it pointless. I never even considered donating money to any politician in this country, let alone anyone else's. This is how strongly I think Ron should win for the sake of the world, not just the US. It's more important than choosing the prime minister of this country, the way I see it.

There are other ways you can help out a candidate besides donating money.

It all comes down to marketing, and word of mouth is the most effective form of marketing.

Take no shame in showing your support. You'll be happy you did it later.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
WHAT IS UP WITH EVERYONE. ron paul won the new hampshire straw poll also. WOO-HOO!!

forums.digitalspy.co.uk... d.php?s=ed29e0f7f7d87a7b4895455d80ea58cf&p=52200104#post52200104

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by RoguePhilosopherNeed another 50m just for advertising!!

Paul doesn't need to blow all of his money on marketing. His supporters are doing most of the marketing for him. And we're doing this to improve this country and the world as a whole, not just get some guy into office. Whether Paul wins or loses this election, people are spreading the message, and it will inevitably lead to some real change - change that is made by The People, and not the establishment.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by letscit
WHAT IS UP WITH EVERYONE. ron paul won the new hampshire straw poll also. WOO-HOO!!

forums.digitalspy.co.uk... d.php?s=ed29e0f7f7d87a7b4895455d80ea58cf&p=52200104#post52200104

Remember, that is the Young Republican's Straw Poll. People tend to be getting it confused.

Still, good news is better than no news.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join