It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Statement by Julian Assange on the reported destruction of WikiLeaks source material

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
This is a very interesting article. Although I do not understand all the implications. It does seem he has not made himself completely clear.

Source Article

I post this to spark a discussion so I, and others who may be starting to lag behind in this can get up to date, but also to see if we can all try and tease out the real meaning of Julians statement.

After DDB's suspension in August 2010, he managed, through guile, to convince a German WikiLeaks system administrator, who was an old associate of DDB's, to obtain the keys and data for a large quantity of then pending WikiLeaks whistleblower disclosures.

For example, does this mean that the information was taken, or coppied. What is the implication of this data being put into this mans hands?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shamatt

I post this to spark a discussion so I, and others who may be starting to lag behind in this can get up to date, but also to see if we can all try and tease out the real meaning of Julians statement.

It's an opinion to add to the rest, but I could swear that looks a lot like a letter that wasn't meant to tell the public much beyond reminding everyone he's around. He is dropping a great deal of little fact bits here and there. I'm guessing that has a whole different meaning for someone out there that the entire letter does make perfect sense to. It's certainly in Julian Assange's character to play things that direction. I have a feeling this whole story is about to heat back up in a major way.

What ever did happen to those BofA hard drives that contained untold masses of executive level goodies anyway?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Shamatt

WikiLeaks was pointless it reminded me of a news network i mean come on if these Leaks were real WikiLeaks would have been closed alot earlier and we heard would about Julian Assange been killed earlier something about the whole WikiLeaks case wasnt right to me.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
So what has been the purpose of Wikileaks lately? To give Assange potentially scandalous material so he can then use it to blackmail the named businesses? For him to use as a bargaining chip to keep himself out of jail?

I thought the purpose of Wikileaks was to allow "leaks" to be published right away without all the politicizing. Assange has been milking the supposedly BoA material for all it's worth (for himself at least), so when is the rest of the world going to see it?

If Assange is setting the stage for himself to come out and say "oops, the data was lost and/or stolen, so sorry..." I guess we can figure they done got to him.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
reply to post by Shamatt

WikiLeaks was pointless it reminded me of a news network i mean come on if these Leaks were real WikiLeaks would have been closed alot earlier and we heard would about Julian Assange been killed earlier something about the whole WikiLeaks case wasnt right to me.

It seems to me you need to read a whole lot of stuff about this subject before voicing such a strong opinion.

All of the leaks were real, and they had a major impact on world politics. Have you been living under a rock?

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shamatt
This is a very interesting article. Although I do not understand all the implications. It does seem he has not made himself completely clear.

Source Article

After DDB's suspension in August 2010, he managed, through guile, to convince a German WikiLeaks system administrator, who was an old associate of DDB's, to obtain the keys and data for a large quantity of then pending WikiLeaks whistleblower disclosures.

For example, does this mean that the information was taken, or coppied. What is the implication of this data being put into this mans hands?

Assange is explaining that he learned that Daniel Domscheit-Berg, (then "Daniel Berg", "Daniel Schmitt") (who Assange suspended) got in contact with another Wikileak's worker ("German Wikileak System Administrator) who just happened to be an old friend of his (associate of Daniels) and he 'managed to obtain keys and data of a large quantity of pending wikileak whistleblower disclosures' ... meaning Daniel had this associate friend of his inside Wikileaks send him documents/or made copies of which were sitting there @ Wikileaks Headquarters/Computers waiting to be thoughly processed/analysis/checked/confirmed

NB Wikileaks Organisation goes through the information/data with its Partner Newspapers - Investigative Journalists from around the world

Looks like Daniel Berg/Schmitt has been a naughty boy, not so innocent as he often claimed to be

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
So what has been the purpose of Wikileaks lately? To give Assange potentially scandalous material so he can then use it to blackmail the named businesses? For him to use as a bargaining chip to keep himself out of jail?

I thought the purpose of Wikileaks was to allow "leaks" to be published right away without all the politicizing. Assange has been milking the supposedly BoA material for all it's worth (for himself at least), so when is the rest of the world going to see it?

If Assange is setting the stage for himself to come out and say "oops, the data was lost and/or stolen, so sorry..." I guess we can figure they done got to him.

Wasnt there a bunch of stuff in newspapers about BoA this year, BoA under investigation, Anon got a hold of inside emails?

And now BoA will be axing over 10,000 stafff members, interesting huh

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Update from wlcentral

Five days short of a year ago, on 25 August 2010, WikiLeaks suspended former employee "Daniel Domscheit-Berg".

Over the last 11 months, we have tried to negotiate the return of various materials taken by Mr. Domscheit-Berg, including internal communications and over 3000 unpublished, private whistleblower communications to WikiLeaks.

Mr. Domscheit-Berg has repeatedly attempted to blackmail WikiLeaks by threatening to make available, to forces that oppose WikiLeaks, these private communications and to which Mr. Domscheit-Berg is not a party. He has stated he will commit this action, should WikiLeaks move to charge him with sabotage or theft.

Mr. Domscheit-Berg has refused to return the various materials he has stolen, saying he needs them, solely, to carry out this threat.

Mr. Domscheit-Berg has already, secretly, and with malicious intent, disclosed portions of the private communications content to other parties, to the harm of WikiLeaks.

The negotiations have now been terminated by the mediator, Andy Müller-Maguhn, who has stated that he doubts Mr. Domscheit-Berg's integrity and claimed willingness to return the material and that under those circumstances Müller-Maguhn cannot meaningfully continue to mediate.

In response, Mr. Domscheit-Berg has stated that he has, or is about to, destroy thousands of unpublished whistleblowers disclosures sent to WikiLeaks.

The material is irreplaceable and includes substantial information on many issues of public importance, human rights abuses, mass telecommunications interception, banking and the planning of dozens of neo-nazi groups. Our sources have in some cases risked their lives or freedom attempting to convey these disclosures to WikiLeaks and to the public.

As a matter of policy and implementation WikiLeaks does not collect or retain source identifying information, so fortunately, source identities for this material are not significantly at risk.

2011-08-20 WikiLeaks Statement on Daniel Domscheit-Berg and OpenLeaks - 23:52
wlcentral.org...

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Shamatt

Well i found some of the leaks were convincing, i didnt find some of them, like i said if WikiLeaks was taken serous it would have already been done with.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   

if WikiLeaks was taken serous it would have already been done with.

Well it looks like Daniel either deleted the files/documents he obtained/stole off wikileaks or sent them to the CIA and Co

If you read the author (exiledsurfer) tweets who wrote the article/blog on this for wlcentral and corresponding tweet conversations with other Leak/Whistleblower Supporters, you'll get a better idea of what has actually happened
edit on 21-8-2011 by Ellen15 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Ellen15

Thanks for the update on that, so officially with this WikiLeaks is dead now?

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Shamatt

Lol so wikileaks had the tables turned and Assange is now whining about it.. He is such an arrogant prig who is only concerned about himself and nothing more.

Greedy little pansy...

Too funny....

With that being said, it did provoke an intresting thought.... Going back to the conspiracies surrounding wikileaks, maybe the operation is now done and wiki is no longer needed to misdirect / distract. We have noticed that anytime wikileaks made the news it was usually on the heels of something larger that was being reported on (Obamas birth certificate for one).

The questions were brought up on how they could get rid of wiki in a convincing manner - looks like they might have found it.

implosion...
edit on 21-8-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
reply to post by Ellen15

Thanks for the update on that, so officially with this WikiLeaks is dead now?

No It doesnt seem to be dead, I read a tweet which basically stated expect Murdoch releases in September
which probably could be related to the current investigation in the UK

Also remember, Wikileaks doesnt really actually release the information first, they work in conjunction with Investigative Journalists from their Partner Newspapers... Information/data is investigated (chronically fact checked etc) in conjunction with Wikileak Employees etc

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Shamatt

I really like the point of Wikileaks, but they are way to slow at releasing all the things they said they have. Not only that, but every leak is staged for maximum effect and publicity. While I understand that portion as they work off donations, Wikileaks needs to just release the really good stuff.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Yet in other countries where the newspapers were releasing the cables related to that said country were explosive and held centre fold in that country which WAS and STILL is IMPORTANT (government/corporation corruption)

Ofcourse MSM in the USA wouldnt actually tab out all this stuff, but any one who followed as cables were released around the world (and still are on and off) via the partnering newspapers knew what the score was

In the USA

salon.com, Greg Mitchell from thenation.com kept daily updates/blog, and wlcentral.org and a bunch of other daily cable blogs popped up on the net, keeping tabs as partner newspapers reported from all around the world

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto
reply to post by Shamatt

I really like the point of Wikileaks, but they are way to slow at releasing all the things they said they have. Not only that, but every leak is staged for maximum effect and publicity. While I understand that portion as they work off donations, Wikileaks needs to just release the really good stuff.

It takes time, investigation, background research and confirmation

Wikileaks doesnt release this stuff, the partnering newspapers from around the world do
The raw data is then released on Wikileaks Offical Site

Actual resources (man power) is/are limited

top topics

join