It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 words you need to stop misspelling.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
If you want to be taken seriously, your probably going to want to read this list alot of times. Your going to be surprised at how many people dont know the basics of the english's language. I took english in school a long time ago but i never make any of these crude mistakes.

Haha! Maybe english isn't there first language but thats know excuse! Im defanitly not a grammar nazi, I actually consider myself lose on the subject. Call me wierd.

Satire aside, enjoy!

Ten words you need to stop misspelling

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by litterbaux
If you want to be taken seriously, your probably going to want to read this list alot of times. Your going to be surprised at how many people dont know the basics of the english's language. I took english in school a long time ago but i never make any of these crude mistakes.

Haha! Maybe english isn't there first language but thats know excuse! Im defanitly not a grammar nazi, I actually consider myself lose on the subject. Call me wierd.

Satire aside, enjoy!

Really thats "know" excuse? Practice what you preach my friend.

Trowa

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrowaBarton

Satire aside, enjoy!

Trowa

sat·ire [sat-ahyuhr]
noun
the use of irony, sarcasm, ridicule, or the like, in exposing, denouncing, or deriding vice, folly, etc.
a literary composition, in verse or prose, in which human folly and vice are held up to scorn, derision, or ridicule.
a literary genre comprising such compositions.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Oh sorry just caught the satire remark. Really though if you don't care then why are you whining about it? Just curious?

Trowa

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Haha! Maybe english isn't there first language but thats know excuse! Im defanitly not a grammar nazi, I actually con Call me wierd.

Satire aside, enjoy!

Jeepers...4 spelling mistakes in your post...
*grabs the grammar hammer*

edit on 20-8-2011 by i8miceb4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Oh sorry just caught the satire remark. Really though if you don't care then why are you whining about it? Just curious?

Trowa

It's a fun link, did you read it?

Instead of being so negative towards me without reading my entire post before you posted, why don't you check out the link and smile and/or laugh?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by litterbaux

I've seen the same link posted on here before a billion times,the search engine is our friend.

Trowa

edit on 20/8/11 by TrowaBarton because: misplaced capital letter

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by i8miceb4

Wow, you quoted me but deleted some of what I said.

Compare what you quoted to my first post. What the heck are you trying to do here?

I said.

Satire aside, enjoy!

You said.

Originally posted by i8miceb4

Haha! Maybe english isn't there first language but thats know excuse! Im defanitly not a grammar nazi, I actually con Call me wierd.

Satire aside, enjoy!

If you're going to quote me at least get it right.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Satire aside, enjoy!

Trowa

sat·ire [sat-ahyuhr]
noun
the use of irony, sarcasm, ridicule, or the like, in exposing, denouncing, or deriding vice, folly, etc.
a literary composition, in verse or prose, in which human folly and vice are held up to scorn, derision, or ridicule.
a literary genre comprising such compositions.

Your just trying to be a meany. You knew people wear going to call you out on it. Your the type that likes to show every one how smart you are? Save your breath. I do not think grammar is a big problem. Most people can write something other can comprehend no matter the grammar error's. I hate it when people play dumb and pretend like they cant comprehend what you said because you left out a ' or a letter. Just makes them look dumb.

Grammar is a skill, just because you are not good with spelling or putting sentences together does not mean you are not skilled and creatable with the topic you are talking about. If you judge what some one has to say, or the evidence they bring up because of their English skills then you are ignorant.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Its all good. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to rain on you thread i just I think that it is pretty ridiculous the whole spelling thing especially the way people freak out over it on this board.

I mean at the end of the day as long as evrey sentencee us nowt mispellled annd lokking likee thiss thenm Is doo nots seee thee bigg deale. Youz getss mez?

Trowa

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Yeah, well, if English is not your native tongue then it's ok. Otherwise, this is approximately fourth grade grammar and spelling. Maybe even third. There is no excuse for it.

Yea, well, if English is not you're native tong than its ok. Otherwise, this is aproximitly forth grade gramar and speling. Maybe even third. Their is no accuse for it.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by i8miceb4

Satire aside, enjoy!

Jeepers...4 spelling mistakes in your post...
*grabs the grammar hammer*

edit on 20-8-2011 by i8miceb4 because: (no reason given)

Actually, it is 7 mistakes if you are counting. Or it's satire, i.e. intended, if you read the entire post. Either way it's/it is good stuff!!

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by sabbathcrazy

Haha, in no way am I trying to be a meany. With all the doom and gloom threads on this website I feel it's a nice change for some humor.

Music and comedy will reunite us all.

There has to be room in your life for a little fun right?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Good stuff, I always wanted a full page that explains simply how to correct a few words that are often used but never written properly. I cringe inside whenever I see these kind of mistakes everyday. Turns out some people become sensitive about it whenever you try to help them fix it...

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Haha I'd have to take exception to to Weird. It's allowed both ways.

Which is wierd... well after checking it appears I am wrong, but I've never seen it definitely explained... until today lol.

Good post, funny stuff there, I'm gunna save that link for later reference !!

edit on 20-8-2011 by klenker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Like your post Litterbaux. This thread has it all, comedy, drama. I did feel sorry for the Panda though! Thanks for the great site.

bloodnoir

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Yes thats KNOW excuse grammar nazi much?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl

Haha! I take it you didn't read the entire post?

Or you're using satire against me!
edit on 20-8-2011 by litterbaux because: Misspelled words, grammar and puncuation.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl

Haha! I take it you didn't read the entire post?

Or you're using satire against me!
edit on 20-8-2011 by litterbaux because: Misspelled words, grammar and puncuation.

You dont care about grammar. Just wanted to throw "know" in their faces so you could fell superior.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by sabbathcrazy

Grammar is a skill, just because you are not good with spelling or putting sentences together does not mean you are not skilled and creatable with the topic you are talking about. If you judge what some one has to say, or the evidence they bring up because of their English skills then you are ignorant.

Baloney. Then/Than, Loose/Lose, and the rest of typical errors are NOT hard to grasp. It's the sheer laziness and arrogance of people who don't care about what they write, but excpect OTHERS TO, that threads like these are made for.

Not someone genuinely making mistakes, who more often than not, learns from them.

I'm sick of this argument "If you can get the meaning, who cares!" - that's all good if you're 13 or have live in a cave for 45 years.

You know, sometimes it's not someone struggling with the language. Sometimes people just don't care, and if they don't care about what they write, why should anyone else care about reading it?

edit on 20-8-2011 by klenker because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join