It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC Homosexuals account for 61% of new HIV infections.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Originally posted by ignant
sorry to 'butt' in,

but why is it that 1 in 4 homosexuals are HIV+

but nowhere near 1 in 4 heteros are HIV+?

Why is it that 1 in 16 African-American males are HIV+ and 1 in 30 African-American females are HIV+?
Compared to 1 in 104 white males and 1 in 588 white females?

You wouldn't go down that path because it's racist? Why then do you use that same approach "against" homosexuality?

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
This CDC report has different numbers, like 53% instead of 61%

CDC Info

25% of gay's do NOT have HIV. That 1/4 statistic is crap. It is gotten by HIV testing. People get tested either when they think they were exposed or doing things that they would feel better if they were tested.

To say 1/4 of Gays (when there is no factual number of gays in the population) is flat out a garbage figure.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
I'm willing to remain open-minded to people's arguments, but understand that actually citing Kinsey is crossing the line, pure and simple.

Originally posted by lordtyp0
It is gotten by HIV testing. People get tested either when they think they were exposed or doing things that they would feel better if they were tested.

- Hold on, what?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bleak
I'm willing to remain open-minded to people's arguments, but understand that actually citing Kinsey is crossing the line, pure and simple.

Originally posted by lordtyp0
It is gotten by HIV testing. People get tested either when they think they were exposed or doing things that they would feel better if they were tested.

- Hold on, what?

Why is Kinsey off limits? Thats like saying you cant cite Einstein when talking about relativity.

On the second.. sorry what didnt make sense? People don't get HIV tested unless they think they have been exposed in some manner, so it makes sense that a percentage of people tested-come out as positive..

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by lordtyp0

The problem with Kinsey (from what little I know about him) is that his deductions were simply not plausible. Really, he just strikes me as a pervert who went out of his way to attempt to promote and normalize his own "alternative" interests.

On the second.. sorry what didnt make sense? People don't get HIV tested unless they think they have been exposed in some manner, so it makes sense that a percentage of people tested-come out as positive..

It's just that it kind of sounded like you were saying that AIDS is actually caused by HIV testing. And considering the rather outlandish conspiracy theories on the subject, I honestly wouldn't be too surprised if somebody actually believed that. But perhaps I just misinterpreted you...?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   

The problem with Kinsey (from what little I know about him) is that his deductions were simply not plausible. Really, he just strikes me as a pervert who went out of his way to attempt to promote and normalize his own "alternative" interests.

It's just that it kind of sounded like you were saying that AIDS is actually caused by HIV testing. And considering the rather outlandish conspiracy theories on the subject, I honestly wouldn't be too surprised if somebody actually believed that. But perhaps I just misinterpreted you...?

Definitely misunderstanding what I was saying. I was just meaning that if there was a statistic saying 1 out of for gay people had HIV then it was a contortion on some other datem.. Like testing itself. People go in and get tested after some suspected exposure or similar, thus one could say 1/4 tested had HIV.

I was referring to statistics-In no way was I implying testing caused anything

As for Kinsey, he didn't really present conclusions that were not directly backed by surveys. He asked people questions that everyone wondered but nobody asked in an anonymous type environment.

From the random sampling the results came out as X out of Y people responded that they had had a same sex encounter.

Things like that. His studies were extremely important for many reasons. First and foremost it is part of the three basic needs of life (Food, Shelter, Reproduction) yet so many people at the time and even now, were so consumed with shame over it that it was in many ways, damaging.

There is not really anything to indicate his personal life as a 'pervert' or not.. So wont even address that.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   

I just did some research on Kinsey and to be honest, I kind of wish I hadn't.

If we are to believe the criticism directed at him (of which there is plenty), it can be concluded that he was a deeply twisted individual. Oh, and the surveys? Biased in the worst way imaginable. I do not want to taint this board by posting any direct links to this, but please, look into it yourself.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

I just did some research on Kinsey and to be honest, I kind of wish I hadn't.

What are you choosing to believe?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I have an interesting theory why it spreads... Craigslist. the reason?
I do frequent CL alot, checking out women. I do get bored i guess, and read the M4M section sometimes. i am not gay or anything, i get bored, and curious sometimes what men see in other men. A month or so ago, thier was 2 distrubing replys posted in my area. A young 21 year old kid, went north of my city and hooked up with this guy. HE later found out, he turned HIV POS> he replied to the post, warning everyone to stay away and watch out for this guy. In his reply, he state4d he confronted the guy about this, and the guy laughed in his face, saying he was stupid enough to not use a condom, laughed in his face n shut the door in his face. Now he is stuck with this.
That is supposed too be murder at that point* but in reality, the system wont arrest the POS guy. he is still out thier prob posting adds, and luring the curious in, spreading it more that way. Theirs another guy, similar. he posts a pic of his junk, and thiers been at least 3 wranings about him reply posted on CL.....3 other guys got infected. and CL nor the police or whomever, went to put a stop to the HIV POS guys positng knowng he was spreading it that way.
thats effin scary! thast my theory..the murderous and infected use craigslist as a way to selfishly get what they want, and spread HIV that way.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join