It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC Homosexuals account for 61% of new HIV infections.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

reply to post by lordtyp0

Exactly.

Halfoldman already covered this earlier in the thread, but in Africa HIV/AIDS is considered a "black disease" and not a gay disease. And - as with the case here - some white folks use HIV/AIDS as ammunition for their racist agendas.

"Black people are promiscuous therefore there so many black people infected with the virus."
or
"Black people are evil therefore they are punished and HIV/AIDS is there to bring their numbers down."

It sounds absurd. And no less absurd than some of the statements made in this thread.

In 2009 there were about 22,500,000 people living with HIV/AIDS in Africa. 12,100,000 of those were female. That's more than half! 2,300,000 of those infections were children born with the virus. Clearly homosexuality is NOT to blame here...

Source

And as I pointed out earlier Black people (including African-American folks) have by the far the highest number of infections:

To date, over 230,000 African Americans have died of AIDS - nearly 40 percent of total deaths - and of the more than 1 million people living with HIV in the United States of America today, almost half are black. And yet, as a racial group, African Americans represent just 13 percent of the US population. The estimated lifetime risk of becoming infected with HIV is 1 in 16 for black males, and 1 in 30 for black females, a far higher risk than for white males (1 in 104) and white females (1 in 588). In Washington D.C, which has the nation’s highest district HIV prevalence (3 percent), three-quarters of those infected with HIV are African American. According to the National HIV/AIDS Strategy, African Americans "comprise the greatest proportion of HIV/AIDS cases across many transmission categories, including among women, heterosexual men, injection drug users, and infants."
Source

No one would DARE to make the statements they've made in this thread by replacing homosexual with black, because it's obvious racism. So, every time any person makes a statement such as "It's homosexuals' own fault" or "Homosexuality is sick" you're just showing your prejudice. Antipathy, contempt, prejudice, aversion, and irrational fear is just as bad as any physical disease and these people (yes, you know who you are) should be ashamed of their blatant hate.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
At the risk of suffering an ear bashing, we were warned of the consequences of this type of behaviour nearly 2000 years ago.

RO 1:26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.

edit on 24-8-2011 by XplanetX because: typo

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
that passage imo says men abandoned heterosexuality for homosexual encounters. a practice which is still common in heterosexual men (experimenting with their own sex).

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignant
so the title of this thread is false? (reference pls)

At the end of 2009, women accounted for just over half of all adults living with HIV worldwide.

Source

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by SigilOfLux

Sooooo if homosexuality is not natural then why is it that animals have been observed taking part in it?...sorry but OP's post just seems like another gay bashing thread.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
and indeed bi/pansexuals would be exposed/exposing themselves and/or their partners to higher rate of infection of whatever STD.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
.. than even homosexuals but the statistics don't seem to account for MSM that are not self proclaimed homosexual.

i dont know bout yall but here in NYC seems most the men are down low "BI" even married ones, sadly.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   

reply to post by XplanetX

Again. Read the facts. HIV/AIDS is not "a gay illness". If you look at the statistics you may just as well say HIV/AIDS is God's punishment for black people.

Complete and utter nonsense.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
sorry to 'butt' in,

but why is it that 1 in 4 homosexuals are HIV+

but nowhere near 1 in 4 heteros are HIV+?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nobama
reply to post by SigilOfLux

Sooooo if homosexuality is not natural then why is it that animals have been observed taking part in it?...sorry but OP's post just seems like another gay bashing thread.

The passage explicitly describes men and women, animals do not get a mention.
Men and women are set apart from the animal kingdom as we have the capacity to worship a God.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

Not sure what you are meaning, but in two different treatment methods (one involving marrow transplants) tests have been effective. In the case of the transplant it was a full on scientifically verified cureing of the patient.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
i also end up wondering why people bring animals into the picture of sex preference whether heterocentric or not.
edit on 24-8-2011 by ignant because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ignant

The title of the thread is talking about NEW infections and is referring to studies in the US.
Read up on the epidemic in Africa.
Africa AIDS epidemic

the US has 1.5 million cases total.
Continental Africa has over 33 million.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
well that is a place (where in many African cities) the HIV rate is already 50% of the general population! 1 in 2!

so of course it reaches hetero levels there.

looking at a population where it has yet to reach endemic levels 50/50, theres no denying HIV is wayyy more rampant in homosexuals.

to say it is a gay or straight disease is silly either way.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   

that passage imo says men abandoned heterosexuality for homosexual encounters. a practice which is still common in heterosexual men (experimenting with their own sex).

That is bogus.
People do not abandon one for the other. There are a lot of people who are bisexual and thus will swing back and forth. And it is also common that people are living in heterosexual style marriages when they are in fact gay.

People do not abandon heterosexuality to adopt being gay, they simply stop pretending they are straight.

That part however is a super abbreviation of Kinsey's work.

In regards to this thread however heterosexuals have FAR more infections of HIV in sheer numbers as well as in new infections on a world wide scale.

Plain and simple fact.
edit on 24-8-2011 by lordtyp0 because: Fingers were way faster than the words... Typo corrections

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
I believe that homosexuals are born, not made.

Therefore, it is not their fault that they are homosexual.

The problem I have is with bi-sexuals - make your damn mind up! And stop being so greedy.

And another problem I have is with needle users.

People who spread Aids to children are unforgiveable.

And the people who spread Aids to children are the indiscrimate sex addicts and the indiscriminate needle users.

Also, men who give Aids to women - the afore-mentioned bi-sexuals and needle users.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by lordtyp0

In regards to this thread however heterosexuals have FAR more infections of HIV in sheer numbers as well as in new infections on a world wide scale.

Plain and simple fact

??

anyways, God is saying the men suddenly decided to go gay. no way. some are born that way. testosterone levels during embryo development are so crucial in turning brains of XY embryos (all start out female/feminine) masculine as far as sexual preference too.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Also, men who give Aids to women - the afore-mentioned bi-sexuals and needle users.

oh yea, its not like a man can get aids(hiv) from a woman then bring it home to his wifey.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   

[

anyways, God is saying the men suddenly decided to go gay. no way. some are born that way. testosterone levels during embryo development are so crucial in turning brains of XY embryos (all start out female/feminine) masculine as far as sexual preference too.

All are born that way. Direct cause is inconclusive be it hormones in utero or a other genetic changes. Doesn't really matter in that regards. It is from birth though.

What I was meaning is people trying to force themselves into hetero relationships-they still have all the same sex attractions etc..

Those relationships are always tragic. I feel really bad for the partner who thinks it was a real marriage that the person they married wanted them in mind, body and proverbial soul.

To suddenly find out that after years of marriage your partner was never physically attracted to you must be crushing.

But it is not a "preference" it is simply a fact. It isnt like "I prefer mexican food over chinese food". There is no choice in the attraction, the only part where choice factors in is whether one will allow themselves to live as their isntincts want-with a partner of the same sex-living with that person, growing old with them etc. No different than a hetero relationship. No different in any way shape or form.

Diseases like HIV are really horrific regards to how society dealt with it. So many people were brainwashed by society into believing they were abominations and to have the mythology of HIV all over-the myth that all gays have it, that people WILL get it by some arcane virtue of superstition etc. etc. etc.

It is a disease like any other, there are many STI's that kill. None have the sociological and psychological trauma involved like HIV.

None of them have the same degree of misinformation and sheer ignorance spread about them either.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ignant

Thumbs down to you too.

A man who gets infected by a woman and brings it home to his wife is an arsehole whichever way you look at it.

And women who use needles are as stupid as the men who do.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join