It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC Homosexuals account for 61% of new HIV infections.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Bleak

Why should something have a purpose? All that is needed for something to be acceptable is that it does not harm third person. If you want purpose, then purpose is to make homosexuals happy.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   
How's this for a purpose;

One life is all we have. All we know for certainty exists.
All we have is each other.
All we can do is try and get along while finding some hint of happiness and completion along the way.

The wiccans have the only commandment worth listening to. That is:

"And it harm none. Do as you will.".

If two adults can find each other in this crap hole of a planet full of so many people not worth knowing let alone ever talking to-then more power to them.

Gender does not matter, what matters is that it is mutually healthy for them.

Nobody cares what you think about their relationship, or if your petty existence deigns to call their love wrong or immoral. The best you can hope for is finding someone to share the remaining time of life with while avoiding those who would hate you for the sake of hating.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

reply to post by Bleak

Again lordtyp0 responded much as I would have, so I don't have much to add.

The point is - Homophobes (and those that have issues with homosexuality) make homosexuality about sex. When there are more than one dimension to the issue. The OP is saying Homosexuality is unnatural because of an increase in HIV infections. I'm saying
a. Don't distort the facts (see cherry picking)
b. The argument of "not natural" is laughably mute.
c. There IS more to homosexuality than sex.

reply to post by Nikola014

See above. Oh. And many people would call your hate and prejudice "a sickness". You help make this planet such a great place to live on.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by lordtyp0

Okay, I get it - yet another liberal with a bad attitude. Why bother.

You also claim that you seem to give a lot of lip service claiming nothing against gay people.

.....Say what?

While homosexuality obviously should not be compared to the other two things you mentioned, you do have a point. I mean, really, what's next?

reply to post by Maslo

(EDIT: Forget it, I do seem to have misread your post.)

Nice try, hippie.

edit on 22-8-2011 by Bleak because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nikola014
Okay,now homosexuality is natural.
Tomorrow pedophilia will be natural.
After that,killing people will be natural.
Good job people.

Slippery slope logical fallacy.

www.logicalfallacies.info...

www.fallacyfiles.org...

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Bleak

I see.. Either another pointless troll or a toxic dominionist or neo con-job.
No point to bother either way.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Bleak

I am to make gays happy? You're being facetious......right?

Yes, you should not make them unhappy unless its necessary to protect yourself from harm. Legalising homosexuality and homosexual unions wont harm or even affect heterosexuals in any way. So why not do it, and make gays more happy? You dont want to make others more happy if it wont harm or affect you in any way?

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo

Okay,now homosexuality is natural.
Tomorrow pedophilia will be natural.
After that,killing people will be natural.
Good job people.

Slippery slope logical fallacy.

www.logicalfallacies.info...

www.fallacyfiles.org...

Come on,tell me.
Really,what's next?
You'll see ,few years from now,when so called fighters for gay and lesbian rights get what they want,they will go and fight for the rights of pedophiles.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   

You presented your arguments, I presented mine. After the latter happened and you apparently noticed yourself backed into a corner, all you could do at that point was just wing it and play the old "well, just so long as they hurtin' anybody" card.

You are going to have to try a lot harder than this.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Bleak

5 days on ats, who's sock puppet is your account?
Please try some higher class trolling too. We're seen these same posts and sad arguments posted on here time and time again by people trying to prove to themselves how they are right in their taboos.

I am not that interested in being harder for you. I prefer those I engage to be a bit smarter.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Come on,tell me. Really,what's next? You'll see ,few years from now,when so called fighters for gay and lesbian rights get what they want,they will go and fight for the rights of pedophiles.

Why should gays and lesbians fight for pedophile rights? That does not make sense, they are not pedophiles but homosexuals.

Anyway, let them fight, I will oppose them. I dont agree with pedophilia being legal since contrary to homosexuality there is an actual victim - the child. But why should I oppose homosexuality when I am against pedophilia and not homosexuality? Why do you think we cant stop with homosexuality being legal and pedophilia illegal? Thats the ideal solution, the extremes (both being legal and illegal) are worse.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   

We should just let this thread speak for itself.

By the way, I actually have much more than just a few days of experience with this site. Where did you get the idea that this is an illegitimate account? I am by no means new to this; I've been through it all before.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Come on,tell me.
Really,what's next?
You'll see ,few years from now,when so called fighters for gay and lesbian rights get what they want,they will go and fight for the rights of pedophiles.

Just remind me again what the connection between paedophiles and homosexuals is? And you earlier compared murder to homosexuality as well. I'm unaware of the connection. Care to inform us how you made this connection?

And while you're at it tell us why you think any gay or lesbian person would support paedophilia or any other illegal activity?

You do realise that your abhorrence isn't contributing to the actual topic in any way or form. You're simply using the opportunity to spew hate.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo

Come on,tell me. Really,what's next? You'll see ,few years from now,when so called fighters for gay and lesbian rights get what they want,they will go and fight for the rights of pedophiles.

Why should gays and lesbians fight for pedophile rights? That does not make sense, they are not pedophiles but homosexuals.

Anyway, let them fight, I will oppose them. I dont agree with pedophilia being legal since contrary to homosexuality there is an actual victim - the child. But why should I oppose homosexuality when I am against pedophilia and not homosexuality? Why do you think we cant stop with homosexuality being legal and pedophilia illegal? Thats the ideal solution, the extremes (both being legal and illegal) are worse.

Fifty years ago,it wasn't normal to be a homosexual.
Now it is.

Fifty years from now,maybe pedophilia will be normal.
It's possible.Some people think homosexuality is normal.Then how can we know there is not going to be people who will think pedophilia is normal?

Note* i used pedophilia like a metaphor.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gemwolf

Come on,tell me.
Really,what's next?

Just remind me again what the connection between paedophiles and homosexuals is? And you earlier compared murder to homosexuality as well. I'm unaware of the connection. Care to inform us how you made this connection?

And while you're at it tell us why you think any gay or lesbian person would support paedophilia or any other illegal activity?

You do realise that your abhorrence isn't contributing to the actual topic in any way or form. You're simply using the opportunity to spew hate.

How?

Fifty years from now pedophilia might be normal.
Fifty years ago,homosexuality wasn't normal,but now it is.

See?It's all connect.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   
The previous page has some typical examples of the homophobic mentality.

First one claims that animals of the same sex don't make love, so homosexuality must be unnatural, which is exposed as completely ignorant nonsense, but of course we should still consider their other points as worthy of consideration for whatever reason.
Then they immediately twist the argument from suggesting that nature is a model of heterosexual virtue, to one that says nature is in fact full of potential badness, like pedophilia and "killing people".
Sigh...

However, because of our abuse of nature diseases like AIDS will keep spreading from animals to humans.
AIDS is an early warning system that doesn't spread through casual contact.
One shudders to think how much worse the spread would have been had it not been discovered in the Western gay population, and their activism forced the reluctant and apathetic governments and blood industries into action.
One thinks of the interventions in the Asian sex tourist trade, which was very efficiently condomized, and could otherwise have caused a heterosexual epidemic of South African proportions.
And what did we get from the homophobes and moralists? Astounding stupidity like: Don't teach gay safe sex and don't teach long term gay relationships, instead make sure gay people hate themselves. Teach everyone to stay celibate until they get married at 28 (yeah right). Ban condoms and clean needles in prisons, and don't fund any HIV prevention organization that wants to decriminalize sex work. It's unbelievable!
One could swear these moralists have a planned genocide for certain countries and population groups.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   
NOTE

The topic is CDC Homosexuals account for 61% of new HIV infections, Not what was happening 50 years ago nor what you think of each other as ATS members.

Please stay on topic.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   

That's your connection? 50 years ago travelling to space wasn't normal either. Is that also connected to homosexuality?

You do know that history goes back a lot longer than 50 years? Perhaps you should look at homosexuality throughout the history of mankind...
Start here
Then go here

You'll find that for Western society somewhere in the Dark Ages the Church decided that homosexuality was not normal. Throughout history we see that Homosexuality only becomes "abnormal" when a society decides it's abnormal. Not because homosexuality suddenly becomes abnormal...

Edit: Masqua is quite right. Wandering too far off topic, so I'll just leave it at that.

edit on 22-8-2011 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   
It's funny people.
In the USA and Canada,you have the largest number of gay and lesbian people.
Why is that?
I don't know.But you need to ask yourself people.What are you doing wrong?
How is it possible that USA and Canada have the largest LGBT population?

I'm done with this conversation.

EDIT:One more thing.If you said homosexuality is normal,then good luck having kids.

I hope they will look like their parents,if that's possible.

Thank God i don't live in the USA anymore.
edit on 22-8-2011 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-8-2011 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

I think he's just talking about liberalism in general. Again, "what's next?"

Think about it.

Just like those on the "other" side of the argument, you seem to be a bit confused - the problem you speak of isn't necessarily about homosexuality in and of itself, but rather the "anything goes" liberal agenda, which was obviously instrumental in normalizing homosexuality.

And yes, I would NOT be surprised if, not too far off in the future, pedophilia is no longer considered a taboo and is fully ingrained within society, with any detractors viciously attacked as just "backward, intolerant rednecks."

Again, just think about it, people.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join