It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC Homosexuals account for 61% of new HIV infections.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control has estimated that homosexual men account for 61% of the new HIV infections in the United States while they only amount to about 2% of the country’s population.

The only group in which new HIV infections is increasing, they say, is young homosexual men

source

Sooooo if homosexuality is natural then why is it that homosexuals account for the majority of HIV infections and the only group it's increasing in is young homosexual men?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
They need to teach this more...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2a3849824372.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Wild guess here. Because it is a disease that primarily spread among homosexuals? That's why it used to be called the gay cancer. The CDC should be working on how the other 39% is being spread. Doing a study to find out homosexuals are the ones spreading aids among themselves is a waste of money.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SigilOfLux

That's like asking, "If ducks quacking is natural, then why do people play hackeysack?" One has absolutely nothing to do with the other.

But, to answer your question, it's because sex ed. is severely lacking in the U.S., particularly in the area of homosexual youth. On top of this, anal sex is the single most dangerous form of sex in terms of catching HIV.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Some methods of transmission are riskier than others. Anal sex carries a higher risk than vaginal sex, hence the increased risk. So it would make sense that a group of people that engage in the riskier behavior carry a higher risk.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Anal sex is usually the culprit. The lining in the terminal GI tract is very thin and subject to bleeds and lesions when irritated, such as the thrusting of a penis. Unlike the thin anal lining, the vaginal is "designed" to take that kind of activity.

AIDS virus does not choose homosexual men as targets. It is a simple physiological explanation.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SigilOfLux

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control has estimated that homosexual men account for 61% of the new HIV infections in the United States while they only amount to about 2% of the country’s population.

The only group in which new HIV infections is increasing, they say, is young homosexual men

source

Sooooo if homosexuality is natural then why is it that homosexuals account for the majority of HIV infections and the only group it's increasing in is young homosexual men?

All sex is natural. Now "normal"?
Society defines that, so I'll leave it at that.

And, um, unprotected sex would probably be your answer.

edit on 20-8-2011 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Sooooo if heterosexuality is natural then why is it that heterosexuals account for the majority of Gonorrhea infections and the only group it's increasing in is young heterosexual couples?

Sooooo if Rabbits are natural then why is it that rabbits account for the majority of myxomatosis infections and the only group it's increasing in is young rabbits?

Sooooo if Elm trees are natural then why is it that Elm Trees account for the majority of Dutch Elm disease infections and the only group it's increasing in is young Elm Trees?

Hmmm... find the answer to these and i think you will find the answer to your original question.

Peace

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrChuck
Anal sex is usually the culprit. The lining in the terminal GI tract is very thin and subject to bleeds and lesions when irritated, such as the thrusting of a penis. Unlike the thin anal lining, the vaginal is "designed" to take that kind of activity.

AIDS virus does not choose homosexual men as targets. It is a simple physiological explanation.

Exactly the anus is meant for waste to come out of the body. It wasn't designed for things to go in it.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Yes, but at the same time, pooping in toilets is unnatural. So when you start [SNIP] on the ground, walking around in the nude, humping other peoples' girlfriends, and eating uncooked animal flesh... You can start talking about how "unnatural" things are bad.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.
edit on 22-8-2011 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I know dolphins put it in each others blow hole and stuff, But I am unaware of any animal that engages in anal sex besides humans...

Unless I'm wrong?

Im not saying anything about the group that gets aids, no one deserves to die from a disease, but isn't it common sense at this point to wear a condom?

Kinda a case of should of known better, if I stick a fork in a socket with out a glove the shock I get is my fault is it not?
edit on 20-8-2011 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrChuck

Exactly the anus is meant for waste to come out of the body. It wasn't designed for things to go in it.

Heteros have anal sex too.

Pretty pathetic to use this subject for gay bashing.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
The op has pointed out that according to a new CDC study that the newest cases of HIV are coming from young gay males.

However according to the article the following statistics were pointed out and seems to be missing from the ops piece:

It is 29,300 homosexual men, are accounted for the new HIV infections out of 48,100 of all new infections. Of the men who were infected, it turned out that the majority, and rise was coming from the African American population.

The question as someone asked, is why is this trend there, and as one person pointed out, it is due to the sexual education that is presented to the young. They favor absence, or people tend to bulk at the actual concept of actual discussing the safe sex practices, where it is more in prevention of STD’S.

The point being that people are having unprotected sex, and if you consider that in 2010-2011, there were approximately 750,000 teen age pregnancies. This should give an idea as that sex education should be more proactive on prevention, rather than just waiting.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
reply to post by beezzer

I know dolphins put it in each others blow hole and stuff, But I am unaware of any animal that engages in anal sex besides humans...

Unless I'm wrong?

Im not saying anything about the group that gets aids, no one deserves to die from a disease, but isn't it common sense at this point to wear a condom?

Kinda a case of should of known better, if I stick a fork in a socket with out a glove the shock I get is my fault is it not?
edit on 20-8-2011 by benrl because: (no reason given)

Agreed. They are responsible. Just differentiating between normal and natural.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   
I do feel it is worth pointing out that there is a subculture that exists where gay men meet other gay men at clubs, raves, what-have-you, they all smoke crystal meth and have sex together. I know I'm going to be called a gay-basher and I absolutely am not. This behavior does seem more isolated in homosexual men. And when there are many people doing this, it only takes a few infected people before the disease starts spreading rather quickly. I acknowledge that many people get wasted and hook up, but I think that with HIV infections being more prevalent in the gay male community, combined with a very small percentage of that group's poor choices, equals a much larger rate of HIV infection amongst young gay males. Even men who may not attend these functions may end up at one time having a partner that has participated or who has himself had a partner who participated, and they could all be infected.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by MentalPriapism

I thought you were going to talk about 'bug chasers' people who try get AIDS from others but god point. I have heard about that sub culture.

If you really want to be freaked out google bug chasers. Nastiest thing ever. For the record I have no problem with homosexuals and do not believe in any way that AIDS is a punishment for gayness. Seriously OP, how can you think that?

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   

This is why I don't have sex with anyone.
I'll save the #ing for when I actually find a partner that I can trust. All those random hook ups are #ing retarded. There are so many possibilities for contracting and STD. Cant you just say # sex until you find a partner you can trust?

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   

You are completely right that SOME gay men go and smoke crystal meth, but in all honesty that stuff makes you look nasty and gay men like their appearance....but more to the point.

There are drugs, there's unprotected sex, there's heavy drinking and lots of testosterone.....a few reasons why I don't go to clubs. Im sure there's lots of seedy straight clubs out there that contain exactly the same thing, just that woman tend to think with their head a bit more then intoxicated men do.

It's a shame that this stuff still goes on with the education out there, but I haven't been to a club in 10 years so I wouldn't know the status of all the gay clubs out there....how about you?

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   

source

How the hell is one related to the other? Would you say being straight is natural? Because HIV is transmited that way as well. A physical act which might transfer a sexual disease has no connection to sexual preference.

You don't even make sense. That's like saying because women pluck their eyebrows more often then men, being a woman isn't natural. Not related, nor does it make any sense.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
What the OP and their Christian link fail to realize is that the CDC does NOT say that these men are homosexual. They DO say these men are MSM or Men who have Sex with Men.

www.cdc.gov...

What's the difference?

Married (to a woman) men who are on the down low who go to places like parks to have sex.

Bisexual men.

And the big one...............

Prison sex.

What is the major race in prison? African Americans.

Who are the most prevelant new HIV infections? African Americans.

Hmmm......I think we may have a clue.

Unless you're just a gay bashing Christian that is.

edit on 21-8-2011 by Nutter because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join