It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas jobless rate at highest level since 1987

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Source to link

The unemployment rate in Texas jumped to 8.4 percent in July, the highest level since the state was reeling from an energy, real estate and banking crisis 24 years ago, the state's employment agency reported Friday.

So Rick Perry did what again for the economy? did he pray to god to have jobs come back like Mitt Romney did?

Its to bad Fox,MSNBC CNN wont report this, but once again it shows Rick perry didnt anything for economy in Texas i bet the jobless rate is still higher then the media offical story from businessweek.

edit on 20-8-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

I was here for the last one. Had just purchased a house when the bottom fell out. Never lost my job that time and didn't have any trouble changing jobs if I wanted to. This time I was laid off two years ago and haven't been able to find a job. The industry I was in wasn't hiring then and now I've been out too long for anyone to be interested. Other industries aren't interested because I don't have experience or what I used to make was high enough that they don't want to hire me because I might leave for better money.

All unemployment just ran out too. I'm sure the numbers will change for the better in the next report since I'm probably not the only one that will no longer be counted.

This time is much worse than the last one.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by TXTriker

. I'm sure the numbers will change for the better in the next report since I'm probably not the only one that will no longer be counted.

as for the next report you should know the actual jobless rate number never gets reported by the MSM these numbers are just out just so they can prevent a revolution, rioting etc.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Well at least all of the illegal immigrants in Texas are employed!!!

Perry being the big-business, wealthy-corporation-anti-worker-anti-middle-class funded-by-the-wealthy TOOL is great for seeing that the illegals get jobs so that the big-business and corporations there get cheap ILLEGAL labor while the rest of the LEGAL folks are unemployed there.

Doesnt Mr wealthy-loving, anti-middle-class, anti-LEGAL-American-worker Perry want to keep the flow of illegals coming into Texas going strong?? YEP. Doesnt he even want to give them free tuition on OUR TAXES even though they are ILLEGAL?? YEP!!!

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
Source to link

The unemployment rate in Texas jumped to 8.4 percent in July, the highest level since the state was reeling from an energy, real estate and banking crisis 24 years ago, the state's employment agency reported Friday.

So Rick Perry did what again for the economy? did he pray to god to have jobs come back like Mitt Romney did?

Its to bad Fox,MSNBC CNN wont report this, but once again it shows Rick perry didnt anything for economy in Texas i bet the jobless rate is still higher then the media offical story from businessweek.

I was flipping around on the cable stations this morning....and there was Rick Perry at some informal public gathering.....he was dressed casually...you know trying to be one of the people.....he was asked questions by the people....and I have to say....his answers showed that he is a very stupid person...I'm just saying.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by pplrnuts
Well at least all of the illegal immigrants in Texas are employed!!!

Perry being the big-business, wealthy-corporation-anti-worker-anti-middle-class funded-by-the-wealthy TOOL is great for seeing that the illegals get jobs so that the big-business and corporations there get cheap ILLEGAL labor while the rest of the LEGAL folks are unemployed there.

Doesnt Mr wealthy-loving, anti-middle-class, anti-LEGAL-American-worker Perry want to keep the flow of illegals coming into Texas going strong?? YEP. Doesnt he even want to give them free tuition on OUR TAXES even though they are ILLEGAL?? YEP!!!

You better believe he wants open borders, as you've already noticed how it benefits their corporate masters. If you think it's bad now, wait until they do away with minimum wage and we have mexicants working for 2.00/hr.

Then the flood gates will really open.

Ron Paul is for bringing our troops home, and putting them on the border to protect America's REAL interests, not Israels and the Oil companies. You will not hear the Perrys, Palins, Bachmanns of the GOP mention that, and if they do it will be only lip service like the last 4 elected Presidents.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Actually I don't recall Romney praying on getting more jobs. Prove it wrong, I invite you. I rather like learning about such things.

I rather hate Perry, for he's part of the heretic New Apostolic Reformation. But if one were to go look it up:

politifact.com reports it as a half true. Texas has had some job growth, if you discount 19 or so other states.

www.politifact.com...

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Actually I don't recall Romney praying on getting more jobs. Prove it wrong, I invite you. I rather like learning about such things.

sure i will try to find it was on youtube it was a news report clip where was Romney standing and praying and saying May god bless america, may god bring back our jobs if i remember correctly.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   

That's not a huge prayer event. That's a standard greeting in America.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   

I just saw a related story that shows Texas is the 4th poorest State in America, I think with 17% of the population below the poverty line. Most of the 1 million jobs that have been created there were minimum wage jobs. Texas has the highest rate of those without health insurance.

So yeah its easy to make jobs by removing all regulations, but does anyone want to work like a slave and nobody gives a hoot that you are so dirt poor you can't do anything constructive with your life but get up everyday and go to labor away for someone else that doesn't even pay you enough to live on? I am quite sure we can find a balance to life and capitalism, but it is not to be found currently with our leaders.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Reply to post by ExPostFacto

I would like to see that source. I seriously doubt it.

As for the 17% poverty … by whose standards? Texas has a lower cost of living.

As for health insurance, people are free to get it if they choose.

These studies also fail to account for the LARGE illegal alien population weighing down on Texas.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
I have family that lives in Dallas.They are the boot skooting ,Skoal dippin' side of the family.

My cousin who is slightly younger than I am quit his job at the Mesquite rodeo,where he had worked for almost 20 years because the new owners and he did not see "eye to eye' on things.

He went to a temp agency and signed up for what ever work was available.

They sent to do temp work at a small manufacturing plant.

He had been working there as a temp for about a month when he noticed the owner walking around the facility back and forth.

The owner finally came up to him and asked him if he was who he was.

He said "yep" and the owner said that he was the next person to be hired permanently.

He then said,"now I have got to figure out which one of these lazy SOB's I am going to fire ,so I can hire you!"

There is work out there if you WANT to work.

The only reason Americans are hiring "our neighbors from the south"is because they WANT to work.

They can't get assistance from our government and sit on their lazy butt and collect a check.

They have to work.

Texas is a lot better than most states,where it is 10% or higher.

A lot of California companies are or have already left here for Texas.

The Governor and Legislature can only do so much.

I myself will vote Libertarian in 2012.

top topics

join