It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EPA Cracks Down.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I remember sometime ago I read an article about the US and the United Kingdom will be begin controlled blackouts due to an impending Solar storm and it's effects on our grid.Could the two be linked?
Anyways it doesn't seem anytime soon that we will see the end of the austerity being transferred to the American people.
Source

Two state utilities said this week new federal pollution rules will lead to higher electricity costs come January.Wisconsin Public Service Corp. of Green Bay said its residential customers can expect an increase of more than $4 a month next year, including about $2 linked to the new rules designed to limit air pollution from coal-fired power plants.The utility said it would see higher costs of about $32.6 million in 2012 from the Cross-State Air Pollution Rule that was finalized recently by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. That will result in rates going up by 6.8% instead of 3.4%, the utility said.

And if you read further down in the article this sentence grabbed my attention.

But the EPA estimates the nation will see $120 billion to $280 billion in annual health and welfare benefits beginning in 2014.

So I guess we should all prepare for a massive Welfare state?

Here is another article where the Texas utility commision sees undoubtedly rolling blackouts will occur.
Source

The head of the Texas Public Utility Commission expressed concern Friday that a new federal air quality rule, set to take effect Jan. 1, will cause disruptions in electric service.If implementation of the Cross-State Air Pollution Rule is not delayed, "I have no doubt in my mind that this rule will result in reliability issues and rolling outages in Texas," Donna Nelson said at the start of the commission's meeting.

How will the energy be supplanted?
What other issues will arise due to this?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daedal

But the EPA estimates the nation will see $120 billion to $280 billion in annual health and welfare benefits beginning in 2014.

dude...health and welfare of the nation such as less health problems due to less coal being burned. it has nothing to do with entitlement programs. did you read your own article?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaDreamer

dude...health and welfare of the nation such as less health problems due to less coal being burned. it has nothing to do with entitlement programs. did you read your own article?

I misinterpreted the word benefit.I thought they were implying that the rising cost would be off set by welfare benefits literally.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaDreamer

Thanks for pointing that out.Any replies about the actual article?

new topics

top topics

join