It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saving Images

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 07:51 PM
link   
When I go online and attempt to download an image to my computer it defaults to �untitled� for the file name. Before I applied some updates it would default to the file name that was used by the web page. How can I get it to do that again? Also when I try to save an animated gif image my computer wants to save it as a bitmap image. I didn�t want a bitmap I wanted the animated gif.

Any help would be appreciated.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Dunno bout hte first part. But the 2nd part about everything saving as a Bitmap I think was because your Cache and Temp. Internet Files was too large, if I remember corectly. Empty your Cache and Temp files and try it.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Thanks for your reply dreamland, I'll try that and see if it works.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Dreamland you the man, thanks it worked!

Now if I could figure out the other part...

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 11:23 AM
link   

When I go online and attempt to download an image to my computer it defaults to �untitled� for the file name. Before I applied some updates it would default to the file name that was used by the web page. How can I get it to do that again?

What program is your default viewer for images? I suspect that a change in this is what prompted the change in how it is saved. If this is the case, you should go into the properties of the program, and take it off for being your default viewer...

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Thanks for the help Gazrok. When I cleared my cash, history and Temp files the problem was resolved. Again thank you for your time in responding to my problem.

top topics

join