It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Won The New Hampshire Young Republicans Straw Poll

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by varikonniemi

ps. Why is Paul the only one with no first name listed in the results?
edit on 20-8-2011 by varikonniemi because: (no reason given)

I'm not sure if this has been addressed already, but typically in journalism (when following AP style), if a person is introduced the first time, they are mentioned full name and or title. When mention any other times, it's acceptable to refer to the person by their last name. Depending on the publication, the journalist may also refer to the person with their title in front of their last name.
Ron Paul's full name was mentioned in the lead sentence, so the publication felt they shouldn't mention his full name again.
However, I do think they should have mentioned his full name in the list, especially since his last name is also a first name.
I've worked on papers where we bent AP rules just to make a list of names look consistent, so I know in some instances it is acceptable.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

You got it! It wasn't my idea. It was a choice among "suggested" contributions. $1.33M so far:

Nothing on Drudge yet respecting NH straw poll win

edit on 20-8-2011 by robyn because: spelling

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
Awesome!

Ron Paul wins another poll that doesn't even matter, held by high school kids that can't even vote in real life.

Way to go!

Outstanding!

I was so deeply moved by your ability to provide some clarity in my otherwise aimless delusion that I'm actually having trouble typing this through the tears.

It's been so long since I felt any sense of hope for our country, and our children's future, that I had all but given up hope.

Such eloquent words should forever be immortalised, for all to see, when distant generations look back in history, and realise just how close we came to losing it all.

One opinion at a time, the powerful truth you share, as we struggle for survival, should always be remembered, cherished, and spoken for those who cannot. For you alone have finished the journey where so many others have fought, died, and failed to make it home.

The finish line, aged and wilting in despair, has finally been broken, and though the cheering crowds have all but disappeared, your effort, unseen, still rings as valid as the moment the race began.

Awakened by your inspiration, I can no longer focus on my own meaningless existence, the world is so much bigger than myself. For that I thank you.

Indebted to your obvious superiority, I submit, and thankfully come to terms with the fact that I could never equal your selfless contribution to us all.

I can only hope the harder road will be the shorter path to prosperity, and peace.

Stirred by emotion, and awed by your profound generosity, I can no longer remain idle. The restlessness, and urgency you have demonstrated demands the attention it deserves.

Rest assured, and proud, that the contributions I humbly offer, on your behalf, have just been doubled.

Just as the lemons undoubtedly sold to unsuspecting victims by car salesmen the world over backfire, so has your meaningless post.

Happy Birthday Dr. Paul!

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by lernmore

Carseller4 who are you? You seem to be fond of trolling Ron Paul threads, but rarely do you give us a clue as to where you stand.

Oh wait a minute is this you?

carseller4.mysbrforum.com...

Seems to be some sort of gambling site. And from your photo album there I can gather this is your "hero"

Thought so...

edit on 20-8-2011 by Count Chocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Count Chocula

He probably won't be back, that's the common "hit and run tactic" as another member called it. People come into Ron Paul threads, bash him, and scurry off to the next thread.

Can you think of a post where somebody who opposes Ron Paul actually explains why they disagree with his stance on key issues? I've seen a few at best, and they have been lame. The ones I can remember involve a member who doesn't like his position on Iran, and another one who doesn't like the idea of ending the Drug War because there will be a bunch of "lazy stoners" moping around the country or some garbage like that.

Why does nobody who opposes him address his plan to end all wars? Why don't they acknowledge his plan to audit the Federal Reserve? Why can't they talk about how he wants to restore liberty to America and give us back our Constitutional rights? Better yet, how can they disagree with those things?

edit on 20-8-2011 by TupacShakur because: To edit my post

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   

I had to edit the thread, seemed hotlinking wasnt working or something. But yeah the kind of nonsense like he keeps posting is a microcosm of what is sinking this country.
edit on 20-8-2011 by Count Chocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Count Chocula

I had to edit the thread, seemed hotlinking wasnt working or something. But yeah the kind of nonsense like he keeps posting is a microcosm of what is sinking this country.
Agreed. Another thing I've noticed, people who bash Ron Paul never talk about the candidate they would like elected and describe why they would be a better choice. Makes me wonder what their agenda is....
edit on 20-8-2011 by TupacShakur because: To edit my post

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Yeah we have one of the 'usual suspects' here that seem to troll every Ron Paul thread, but when you check their post history you will never see a thread where they support anyone. Maybe they are ashamed to support Palin, Bachmann, or the latest flavor of the 'month'

It's almost comical how easy it is to spot them, and generally they will use the same name no matter what type of forum they are posting on, so it's easy to call them out on their hypocrisy, and or, lack of courage. Don't bother with count chocula, its a common name, and an awesome cereal

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Well done to Mr Paul.

But what is really needed in the US and the UK and elsewhere is a new model called "FAIRSHARE-ISM", yet to be defined.....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Who could write such a definition?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join