It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Won The New Hampshire Young Republicans Straw Poll

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

There were 302 ballots cast Saturday, and the full vote results are as follows, in the order the candidates were listed on the ballot: Jon Huntsman - 3 percent ; Herman Cain - 5 percent; Rick Perry - 8 percent; Fred Karger - 0 percent ; [color=limegreen]Paul - 45 percent; Mitt Romney - 10 percent; Thaddeus McCotter - 8 percent; Rick Santorum - 3 percent; Michele Bachmann - 5 percent; Buddy Roemer - 3 percent; Gary Johnson - 6 percent; and Newt Gingrich - 1 percent.

What a great birthday present for Ron Paul. As the election grows nearer, more and more people will hear Ron Pauls views and he will continue to gain support. This wasn't even close, the next closest candidate had only 10% of the votes compared to Ron Pauls 45%. He almost had as many votes as all of the other candidates combined!

Source

Will the media give Ron Paul the cold shoulder, or will he get the coverage he deserves?

Here's a short video of Ron Paul campaigning in New Hampshire with people explaining why they support him.

edit on 20-8-2011 by TupacShakur because: to edit my post

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
the MSM will downplay this

It's crazy to watch the corruption unfold at times. They're not even trying anymore.

edit on 20-8-2011 by illuminatislave because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

The Texas congressman won Saturday's New Hampshire Young Republicans Straw Poll by a commanding margin.

quite an important addition to the (slightly misleading) title. Great news for Paul anyways!

ps. Why is Paul the only one with no first name listed in the results?
edit on 20-8-2011 by varikonniemi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Cue MSM lambasting straw polls as irrelevant...after spending a week gushing over Bachmanns Iowa straw poll win.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by varikonniemi

The Texas congressman won Saturday's New Hampshire Young Republicans Straw Poll by a commanding margin.

quite an important addition to the (slightly misleading) title. Great news for Paul anyways!

ps. Why is Paul the only one with no first name listed in the results?

Update thread title!!!!! Quick. Before people come in and say you're purposely misleading them!

edit on 8/20/2011 by BeyondPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Count Chocula

Yep, I bet they'll flip it and mention how it wasn't a true poll and doesn't measure anything because of this:

Gingrich, Perry, Romney and Santorum all were unrepresented at Saturday's event, as no one spoke on their behalf and none had a table at the event.

I bet the MSM will also mention how there were 302 people in the ballot, and say that's not enough for it to be legitimate.

But who knows, maybe they've taken note that the majority of people can see through their anti-Ron Paul bias, and they'll straighten out before they lose their viewers and give Ron Paul the proper attention.
edit on 20-8-2011 by TupacShakur because: To edit my post

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by BeyondPerception

Bah, if it's a poll, and Ron Paul wins it, I WANT TO KNOW ABOUT IT!!!!!

S&F

And people are doubting me about who "OTHER" is?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Umm, no. It's not Guiliani, or Cain... IT'S RON THE FRICKEN MAN PAUL.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

I wish I could find the clip of Chris Matthews on his show saying that if Ron Paul won the Iowa straw poll it would prove that it was an irrelevant measure, but if either Romney or Bachmann won it would show organizational strength and bode well for them.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

More good news for you, MoneyBomb hit $1 mil this past hour

Woot Woot

And, I was going to reference your thread, but I thought, meh.. Too many s/f already.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Ron Paul...the little engine that could.....the tortoise ...that is going to win the race!

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Yeah and there are still 12 debates left, and those are just the ones that have been announced, so there could be more than that. My prediction is that all of the other candidates will slowly lose supporters as people hear them talk about what they will do as president and hear their stance on key issues, while Ron Paul will continue to gain supporters.

I wonder if Ron Paul will be excluded from any of those?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur

Yeah and there are still 12 debates left, and those are just the ones that have been announced, so there could be more than that. My prediction is that all of the other candidates will slowly lose supporters as people hear them talk about what they will do as president and hear their stance on key issues, while Ron Paul will continue to gain supporters.

I am thinking...he'd better be included in those debates!.....I am concerned about the funding for his campaign...I am not wealthy....so really all I can give him is my vote....and volunteer

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

I am thinking...he'd better be included in those debates!.....I am concerned about the funding for his campaign...I am not wealthy....so really all I can give him is my vote....and volunteer
I don't think that's something to be too concerned about. Ron Paul has received more money in military donations than all of the other candidates combined. He also has earned more than Obama earned during his campaign.

According to a Houston Chronicle analysis of campaign records from January through September, Paul received $63,440 in donations from current military employees and several retired military personnel.

Democrat Barack Obama, another war critic, was second in military giving. The Illinois senator got $53,968 during the nine months.

Source

Plus today for his birthday, the moneybomb has earned him another million as BeyondPerception mentioned in this post, and that number will continue to climb all day.

And he also holds the record for most money earned in a single day in the history of American politics, over $6 million:

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Awesome!

Ron Paul wins another poll that doesn't even matter, held by high school kids that can't even vote in real life.

Way to go!

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

Awesome!

Ron Paul wins another poll that doesn't even matter, held by high school kids that can't even vote in real life.

Way to go!
A poll's a poll, I'm not going to judge the voters of it. If high school kids can see that Ron Paul is the obvious presidential candidate who will benefit this country the most, then good for them. And you know high schoolers can vote, right? Lots of seniors and even some juniors are over 18, and their votes count just as much as a 40 year old mans vote.

Also, you are flat out wrong:

The Young Republicans is an organization for members of the Republican Party of the United States between the ages of 18 and 40.
Wikipedia.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

What do you think about Ron Paul's stance on social security?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Yep, the first time I was able to vote I was a senior in highschool and I voted for Pat Buchanan in his primary challenge to then sitting president H.W. Bush.

Of course all those folks that drop out in 9th grade probably wouldn't realize a lot of HS seniors are 18.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

I like his position because if we keep it how it is, it's going to run out in the next few decades.

Here are his own words on that topic:

Right now they’re getting behind because they’re having a 10% to 12% inflation rate and we give them a 2% increase, and they’re really hurting. I don’t want taxes on the Social Security benefits that they receive. I have a bill in that would secure the trust fund, where none of that money could be spent in the general revenues. So in many ways, the goal would be to get us out of this program that is a failure. It doesn’t work, and is going to bankrupt this country. The only way you can do that is save enough money, tide the people over, let the young people get out, because they’re going to be paying all these years and they’re not going to get anything. I probably have the only program that would really help the elderly because the money’s not going to be there. There’s no way these cost-of-living increases are ever going to keep up with their benefits are never going to keep up with their cost of living. They’re decreasing. My program has a better chance of helping them than any other one.
His legislative actions regarding social security:

Create personal retirement accounts within Social Security.
Paul co-sponsored creating personal retirement accounts within Social Security
OFFICIAL CONGRESSIONAL SUMMARY:
--Amends Social Security Act to add a new tax-exempt "Personal Retirement Account Program".
--Designates a personal retirement account for each such individual that is funded by deposits from amounts in the Federal Old-Age and Survivors Insurance Trust Fund not otherwise required for immediate withdrawal, and by rollover and other contributions made by eligible individuals.
--Directs the SEC to report to Congress on personal retirement account reinsurance.
--Amends the tax code to provide for: (1) annual $300 contributions (tax credits) on behalf of each eligible individual to a personal retirement account; and (2) an excise tax on excess contributions to such accounts.

Sponsored bill to put Trust Fund into market certificates.
Paul sponsored investing surplus Trust Fund in market certificates
OFFICIAL CONGRESSIONAL SUMMARY: To ensure the integrity of the Social Security trust funds by requiring the Managing Trustee to invest the annual surplus of such trust funds in marketable interest-bearing U.S. obligations, and certificates of deposit in institutions insured by the FDIC, and to protect such trust funds from the public debt limit.

He doesn't want taxes on the benefits that people receive, and I agree with that. He also doesn't want that money being spent on other things, and I agree with that, because wasn't the government dipping into the fund and taking tons of money out? He also wants to get the younger people out of the whole system because it's going to run out in the coming years, and I also agree with that. It might not be the perfect solution, but it's better than keeping it how it is. The Alliance for Retired Americans don't seem to like his stance though:

Paul scores 30% by the ARA on senior issues

Another example of his voting consistency is that Ron Paul has never voted to spend one penny of Social Security money.

Ron Paul on Social Security

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

Originally posted by TupacShakur

That's a lot, voting and volunteering are very important. Also, spreading the word contributes. I'm not wealthy either but sent a $20.12 birthday present. That too adds up.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by robyn

That's a lot, voting and volunteering are very important. Also, spreading the word contributes. I'm not wealthy either but sent a $20.12 birthday present. That too adds up.
I gotta ask, why the extra $0.12? Is that symbolic of voting for him in 2012?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join