It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul and the "I don't agree with all he says but....." people.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I am so sick of people giving me this lame line every time I bring up his name."I don't agree with everything he says, but at least he's consistent" , or " I don't like all of his policies, but at least he's honest". Oh my god people. what the hell do you want??!!

I also here from others "We need someone who stands by their values, someone who is honest, someone who will stand up to the establishment". Now we have that person and boy do people come out of the woodwork to condemn, revile, and even slander this guy.

You know what the people really want? Someone to hate so they don't have to be responsible for their damn actions. When you are responsible for yourself there is no one to blame but YOU! Ron Paul represents this and I love the guy for it. The reason he doesn't babble on with talking points and the "This is what I'm gonna do!" rhetoric that we hear oh so often from the status quo, is because he knows it is the American people that should be running this country NOT the government.

Many many people will not like Paul as president because we will have to start being responsible citizens and get off our high chairs.

I'll tell you what. I can't wait.

What other options do we have? C'mon lets hear'em.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by gnosis111

Take a deep breath there. Have you thought about the possibility that maybe they are sort of justifying the "radical" change in their mindsets to their selves with that rhetoric? Realizing you have been wrong, some peoples egos cannot take it, and they go into denial.

I think it fits nicely in with the 'stages of denial'. Particularly stage 5. Acceptance.

The time is now.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

If it makes you feel better, I don't agree with a lot that he says.

No buts attached.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by varikonniemi

Yes actually after I went on this rant I did think about that. Thanks. And I am hoping it's true.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by megabytz

Man you are leaving yourself wide open with your no buts attached, but I wouldn't want to be censored by the mods.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by gnosis111

I am so sick of people giving me this lame line every time I bring up his name."I don't agree with everything he says, but at least he's consistent" , or " I don't like all of his policies, but at least he's honest". Oh my god people. what the hell do you want??!!

I agree with Paul in some areas, and disagree in others. I would vote for him if he ran against Obama because he's not running with the established program....on the surface. He'll be silenced or robbed during the primaries.

I appreciate his honesty. Still, I am even skeptical that he'll be able to make it to the national election.
edit on 20-8-2011 by illuminatislave because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

I had never heard of Ron Paul...until I joined ATS.....then fairly recently I watched him in a question-answer and debate forum with the other hopefuls running for the republican party.....what he had to say...the answers he gave and his viewpoints.....won me over ......

I have a question for all of you....if Ron Paul does not run against President Obama....would you even bother to vote at all?

edit on 20-8-2011 by caladonea because: add more

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Actually no I wouldn't. Sad to admit, but what is one turd for another frankly. Romney-business as usual. Perry-Do we really want another George bush???

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by illuminatislave

It may be my fervent loyalty and undying hope, but I totally see him winning the primary and defeating Obama. It is an uphill battle and I believe the final will be Perry and Paul. So Paul just needs to remind America that another gun slingin', smooth talkin', beer drinkin', good ol' boy is not what is needed.....again.

I swear this Perry, is Bush with a face transplant and an itchier trigger finger.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I think I understand what you are getting at and I agree, I thought of this after watching this video

Ron Paul is face to face with 3 or more people for over an hour answering many pointed questions. Where is the video of Rick Perry giving a face to face with people for over an hour addressing all of their concerns regarding his policy? And when is Obama going to have a sit down and calmly answer questions from his skeptics for over an hour?

I think what you are getting at is, if any other candidate gave half as candid answers as Ron Paul, they might deserve some of the respect Ron Paul gets.
edit on 20-8-2011 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

Wow. Thank you for this I have never seen this!

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Ron Paul is the only one that has plans to save huge amounts of money by stopping the military spending and wars on drugs,clearly he is the only and best choice for president.

new topics

top topics

join