It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Three 7 mag or higher quakes in last 4 hours?!?!?!?!?! should we worry now?

page: 1
11
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I have a feeling something BIG will happen today. I can see one of these magnitude quakes but 3 in this time span is a little worrisome imo. Does anybody know when the last time this many 7+ have hit in one day? quakes.globalincidentmap.com...





edit on 20-8-2011 by AllUrChips because: add link




posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips
 


There's only 2 that I can see today.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

They are both close to each other in the same region. Nothing to worry about this time.



posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
 


off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift


 



posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
this earthquake thingy is quite good and shows that earthquakes always happen.

damn the link was here a min before i did it.
edit on 20-8-2011 by listerofsmeg because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
only 2 confirmed 7
not 3
rest below 7
look for possable
multiple 5 to 6
and too continue dropping in intensity.

now i do expect, volcanic activity, too be , imminent.,, the volc activity, is my own, assumption.

edit:

quakes.globalincidentmap.com...

THREE 7 CONFIRMED.
edit on 20-8-2011 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Three? I only see two:

earthquake.usgs.gov...

a 7.1 and a 7.0, both in Vanuatu, a place known for these size earthquakes. I'd worry more about Yellowstone erupting, and I wouldn't worry about that at all. At least not yet.



posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep
reply to post by AllUrChips
 


There's only 2 that I can see today.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

They are both close to each other in the same region. Nothing to worry about this time.


ya if you scroll down on the link I provided there have been 3 in the last 3 hours.



posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Nah. It's perfectly normal to have these things happening. It's just a normal part of life. You're just noticing these things because you're finally paying attention.

....Okay, now that I've got my tongue-in-cheek response over with. Yes, it's odd. No, it doesn't seem normal. However, don't start panicking until we have three 9.0+'s in a 4 hour stretch.



posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
Three? I only see two:

earthquake.usgs.gov...

a 7.1 and a 7.0, both in Vanuatu, a place known for these size earthquakes. I'd worry more about Yellowstone erupting, and I wouldn't worry about that at all. At least not yet.


why not try the provided link? Scroll down and you will see 3 eq 7 or higher in last 3 hours!!!!!!!! provided link!!!!!



posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Type: Earthquake
3 hours ago
Magnitude: 7.1
DateTime: Saturday August 20 2011, 16:55:02 UTC
Region: Vanuatu
Depth: 40.6 km

Type: Earthquake
116 minutes ago
Magnitude: 7
DateTime: Saturday August 20 2011, 18:19:24 UTC
Region: Vanuatu
Depth: 28.5 km

Type: Earthquake
116 minutes ago
Magnitude: 7.4
DateTime: Saturday August 20 2011, 18:19:27 UTC
Region: Vanuatu
Depth: 36 km


Hmm hard to say

i thought 3 was 3



posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllUrChips
I have a feeling something BIG will happen today. I can see one of these magnitude quakes but 3 in this time span is a little worrisome imo. Does anybody know when the last time this many 7+ have hit in one day? quakes.globalincidentmap.com...





edit on 20-8-2011 by AllUrChips because: add link


YOU ARE CORRECT:

quakes.globalincidentmap.com...
quakes.globalincidentmap.com...
quakes.globalincidentmap.com...

wow..



posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamfox1
Type: Earthquake
3 hours ago
Magnitude: 7.1
DateTime: Saturday August 20 2011, 16:55:02 UTC
Region: Vanuatu
Depth: 40.6 km

Type: Earthquake
116 minutes ago
Magnitude: 7
DateTime: Saturday August 20 2011, 18:19:24 UTC
Region: Vanuatu
Depth: 28.5 km

Type: Earthquake
116 minutes ago
Magnitude: 7.4
DateTime: Saturday August 20 2011, 18:19:27 UTC
Region: Vanuatu
Depth: 36 km


Hmm hard to say

i thought 3 was 3


thank you! I didnt know how to copy this info and put it on here see every one! THREE in the last THREE hours!!!!!



posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Yeah we have 7 + mag earthquakes all the time right !!! And so what if there are two in a couple of hours? Nothing to worry about right? YOU BETTER START WORRYING AND KEEP YOUR EYES OPEN AND DON'T LISTEN TO ANYTHING BUT YOUR HEART AND STAY AWAKE MENTALLY !!!

The USGS map and data is WRONG!!!!

Thx for the thread !!!!!!
edit on 20-8-2011 by CherubBaby because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips
 


The 7.4 one is the one they covered up saying nope it never happened



posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I speculate the 3rd and the 2nd are the same event, I know the time stamp differ but there very close and it says 116 minutes ago for both quakes.....I think!



posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Didn't something like this happen right before the Japan 9 pointer? Is there a possibility of fore shocks as well as after shocks? I guess all we can do at this point is just wait and see. If we get a big one after these 7 pointers, maybe we should take into consideration the possibility of fore shocks as well as after shocks?



posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by xX aFTeRm4Th Xx
reply to post by AllUrChips
 


No... go away and stop fear mongering
[/quote

How bout contributing to the thread or leaving? I thought this was a website to discuss things that happen. I can see your smart alecky remark if I said there was a mystery planet hurling mercilessly towards us however I simply asked a question of 3 huge things that just happened. So please leave my thread, good day, I SAID GOOD DAY!



posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hope_for_reason
I speculate the 3rd and the 2nd are the same event, I know the time stamp differ but there very close and it says 116 minutes ago for both quakes.....I think!


they are different look at the depths they are different as well as the time



posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaDe_
Didn't something like this happen right before the Japan 9 pointer? Is there a possibility of fore shocks as well as after shocks? I guess all we can do at this point is just wait and see. If we get a big one after these 7 pointers, maybe we should take into consideration the possibility of fore shocks as well as after shocks?

Seems like that could be what we are seeing. Here's some info about foreshocks.

en.wikipedia.org...



posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
should we worry now?

well, something is off. the last week or two is just weird. i almost feel like i am chaging never mind the planet,

oh yea, anybody do a count on how many planes fell out of the skies today???
edit on 20-8-2011 by JohnySeagull because: (no reason given)



new topics

top topics



 
11
<<   2 >>

log in

join